SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three latest polls and some internals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Three latest polls and some internals Reply with quote

Today:

Pew.....49-44 Bush
Zogby..46-43 Bush
ABC.....51-46
Ras......49-46 (yesterday)

What's more interesting are the internals of the ABC poll. For example,

who is a stronger leader? 58-37 Bush
Who is better CIC? 52-43 Bush
Who do you trust more? 54-38 Bush

Dems better not feel to cocky. These numbers do not bode well considering Kerry did well in the debate (presentation only).
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: POLL Reply with quote

kerry did what he does best LIESSSSSSSSSSSS
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Crazy Fox Poll Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134525,00.html

New Fox News / Opinion Dynamics poll shows Bush leading 48 to 45, but only 47 to 45 if Nader is included. (Strange--I thought only liberals liked Nader!)

I checked the internals to see if there was any partisan bias:

Republicans Bush 93 Kerry 4
Democrats Bush 11 Kerry 84
Independents Bush 51 Kerry 40

Bush leads by 9% among own-party voters, by 7% among crossovers, and by 11% among Independents, but only leads by 3% overall? How is this possible?

If you work through the algebra, the only way to get this result would be a sample of 25% Democrats, 16.7% Republicans, and 58.3% Independents. Now, where would you get such a sample unless you were really trying to find a huge number of Independents, and avoid partisans?

This poll is crazy like a Fox!

But the numbers do look good, if extrapolated to a more reasonable sample. For 35% R, 35% D, and 30% I, Bush leads 52-43.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveZ: I have been saying a similar thing about the polling--the numbers do not add up when they are broken down. If you look at state by state nimbers, you get a far different pecentage than 3%.

I still say: Bush with double digits, in a landslide. Of course, maybe the polls that show three percent have factored in the Democrats cheat machine. Evil or Very Mad

Doc Jerry: I hope the Democrats feel extremly cocky. Cocky people are dead-in-the-water people. I have always competed in alot of sports, and still play tennis. I love it when my opponent is overly-confident and cocky; it virtually assures I will win.

Pride goeth before a fall...
Ed McDowell
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush 58% Kerry 39% Nader 3% ....it's called

LANDSLIDE!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a countdown clock in here counting down the days until Kerry is sent packing.
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
SteveZ: I have been saying a similar thing about the polling--the numbers do not add up when they are broken down. If you look at state by state nimbers, you get a far different pecentage than 3%.

I still say: Bush with double digits, in a landslide. Of course, maybe the polls that show three percent have factored in the Democrats cheat machine. Evil or Very Mad

Doc Jerry: I hope the Democrats feel extremly cocky. Cocky people are dead-in-the-water people. I have always competed in alot of sports, and still play tennis. I love it when my opponent is overly-confident and cocky; it virtually assures I will win.

Pride goeth before a fall...

I agree that I'd rather have the Kerry supporters feeling comfortable and cocky. For one, they are much more likely to make mistakes and be less focused if they are feeling secure that they are going to win. Two, their supporters are less likely to get out and vote if they feel like they are already going to win by a comfortable margin, as opposed to an angry and energized electorate getting out en masse because they are concerned they may not win. Third, the more comfortable the Kerry supporters feel, the more people they are downright rude to and alienate, which translates into the more people they turn into their enemies by their own conduct.

Just my thoughts, respectfully submitted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: