SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't steal my Bush-Cheney Yard Sign! - Priceless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Don't steal my Bush-Cheney Yard Sign! - Priceless Reply with quote

Got this in an email - true story from a friend of a friend. I'm still laughing

Democrat parlor games

Destroying Bush-Cheney signs in the Northwest must be something like parlor games elsewhere in the world. I've got another friend in the Seattle area with this type of problem. Maybe the outcome in this matter will encourage him to set up his own sign trap and see how many leftist morons he can catch per sign - sort of like counting fish per hook!

******************Another Dem bites the dust. In Oregon or Washington, or wherever.

Last Thursday I put out one of my Bush/Cheney signs in my front yard. Between midnight and 3:00 a.m. someone stole it. On Friday night I put out sign No. 2. Since I didn't have to get up early, I thought my dog and I would "stake out" our sign. This time I put the sign a little closer to the gate leading to my backyard. With my dog on an extra long leash, I planted myself on a lawn chair and read "Unfit for Command" by flashlight until about 1:00 a.m. Here comes the fun part . . . I noticed that the car coming down the street was slowing down and pulling over to the curb right next to my yard. Sure enough, he gets out of his car and heads right for my sign. Just as he was about to uproot and desecrate it, I opened my gate and let my dog make the initial introduction! As he ran to hide behind the rear end of his car, I promptly moved to the driver-side door, which was still open. It was a fairly nice car with power everything and still running. While my dog continued to "introduce" herself, I rolled up the window and hit the power door lock button. With that, I slammed the door, grabbed my Bush sign and headed into the back yard.

And now for the "rest of the story." About 40 minutes later, I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door to one of our city's finest . . . the Vancouver Police Department. The officer asked me what was going on and when I told him, he could not stop laughing! I followed him out to the perp's car and stood there while he asked the guy a few more questions. Upon learning that the guy lived a couple of streets down, I -- knowing what was about to happen -- asked him, "Why do you have Oregon plates on your car if you live just down the street (here in Vancouver, Wash.)?" Oregon has no sales tax, so often Washington residents will buy and register cars in Oregon to avoid paying sales tax . . . it's a crime and the fine is pretty stiff. Here comes the best part. . . . The look on this guy's face told me he knew he was about to get busted. When the officer asked for his license and registration, the "Democrat" mumbled that (his license) was suspended. Just for kicks and giggles I asked the officer if he smelled any alcohol coming from the guy! The officer looked at me, smiled and promptly gave him a field breathalyzer test. Guess what? You got it, he blew a .10, legally drunk in the state of Washington.

DUI, illegal registration and the brand of "MORON," all 'cause he hates Bush!

Sincerely,

John

Cost of Bush signs: $5.95 each Cost of Flashlight batteries: $3.95/Pack Seeing a Leftwing Numbskull carted off to the hoosegow: Priceless.
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Great Reply with quote

I live in Boise and they got my Bush/Cheney sign. I guess freedom of speech is only good if you believe in what the Demo's preach.

Steve Christensen
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic story! You are DA MAN!!!!!!
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night, someone got 4 of 6 Bush/Cheney signs on our street. All but one are back up, and the last one will be up as soon as the homeowner gets a new one. Funny thing, the single Kerry/Edwards sign is still sitting there. We're in northeastern Ohio.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the laugh -- I think you find out this guys name -- it should be public record and notify the local "conservative" radio etc so they can tell this story.

Show those hate mongering a**h***s to be the jerks they are. Wink Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, this link is not a laughing manner, I found the link on Drudge.

http://www.channel3000.com/politics/3776992/detail.html

Quote:
Swastika Burned Into Grass On Bush-Cheney Supporter's Lawn
Homeowner: 'My Signs Are Going Right Back In The Yard'

POSTED: 11:57 am CDT October 1, 2004
UPDATED: 12:31 pm CDT October 1, 2004

MADISON, Wis. -- Madison homeowners are livid after vandals defaced their homes.

Homeowner Rob Schaeffer

Someone burned an 8-foot-by-8-foot Nazi swastika on a home's lawn near where Bush-Cheney signs were posted. The vandals used grass killer to spray the symbol.

Several nearby homes were vandalized -- all were within a two-block radius on the West Side, near Ice Age Trail, News 3 reported.

State Republican Party officials claim it's the latest in a series of desperate acts by Democrats.

Homeowners are angry, but resolute in what they plan to do next.

"I just cannot believe that someone would take the liberty to do this," said homeowner Rob Schaeffer. "We're appalled that someone would choose to destroy our property because they don't believe in our political views. My signs are going right back in the yard. This is my property. We live here. We have rights."

Police are investigating the criminal damage and told the homeowner it will be investigated as a hate crime, which carries stiffer penalties.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter and her friends thought it would be fun to play "tit for tat" and so spent one night swiping Kerry signs.

Her dad and I found out and talked to her about it. She defended it, citing all the ways Kerry people break the rules. She is a teenager, btw, and after raising 5 of them I believe that being teenaged is a form of temporary insanity. I was fairly distraught, and pointed out that two wrongs do not make a right, etc. Let it go for a day. Went to church Sunday, where my daughter's youth group leader spoke about doing what is right when all around you are doing wrong.

Sunday afternoon, my daughter and her friends took the signs, knocked on the doors of all the homes were they had stolen the signs, and apologized to the owners. One lady was so impressed she said she would actually consider voting for Bush. One man called the cops on them, but it was the guy's bad luck the sheriff's deputy is the son of my husband's best friend from high school. He did give the kids a lecture, though,and that is fair. I told her she was lucky she wasn't arrested. She looked like this: Shocked I don't think she had considered all the charges that could have been involved.

Anyway, I will have my daughter read this thread, I think, so she understands what could have happened and how embarrassing it could have been to all of us that support Bush. We can't stand up for what is right and simultaneously do what is left. I mean wrong. Smile Left, wrong, same thing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos to you Kimmymac! Smile
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope all of this "Right, Left" Business doesn't reflect back on those of us who happened to be born "LEFT HANDED". I've gotten rather sick of being refered to as "Gauche " or "Sinister". Left handers are the only folk who are naturally in their "RIGHT MINDS" Razz

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this inspirational email:

WORKING PEOPLE FREQUENTLY ASK RETIRED PEOPLE WHAT THEY DO TO MAKE THEIR DAYS
INTERESTING.

I WENT TO THE STORE THE OTHER DAY. I WAS ONLY IN THERE FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES.
WHEN I CAME OUT THERE WAS A CITY COP WRITING OUT A PARKING TICKET. I WENT UP
TO HIM AND SAID, "COME ON, BUDDY, HOW ABOUT GIVING A SENIOR A BREAK?" HE
IGNORED ME AND CONTINUED WRITING THE TICKET. I CALLED HIM A NAME. HE GLARED
AT ME AND STARTED WRITING ANOTHER TICKET FOR HAVING WORN TIRES. SO I CALLED
HIM A WORSE NAME. HE FINISHED THE SECOND TICKET AND PUT IT ON THE WINDSHIELD
WITH THE FIRST. THEN HE STARTED WRITING A THIRD TICKET. THIS WENT ON FOR
ABOUT 20 MINUTES. THE MORE I ABUSED HIM THE MORE TICKETS HE WROTE. I DIDN'T
CARE. MY CAR WAS PARKED AROUND THE CORNER AND THIS ONE HAD AN "ELECT JOHN
KERRY" BUMPER STICKER ON IT. I TRY TO HAVE A LITTLE FUN EACH DAY NOW THAT
I'M RETIRED. IT'S IMPORTANT AT OUR AGE.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it I B Squidly! Sorta reminds me of the designated drunk story.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dear Squidly, May I please shake your hand? Laughing

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: