SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What the heck does this mean? (Kerry quote)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: What the heck does this mean? (Kerry quote) Reply with quote

OK, from an article on CNN.com where Kerry complains that his "global test" comment is being taken out of context:
Kerry wrote:
"But I can do a better job of protecting America's security because the test that I was talking about was a test of legitimacy, not just in the globe, but elsewhere."

Kerry dismisses criticism of 'global test' remark as 'pathetic'
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/04/kerry.global/index.html

Now just what does that mean, on the Moon colony? Mars? It's bizarre Shocked

And I don't see how this "clarification" changes the meaning or the understanding of the concept that is being objected to in the first place.
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused I don't get it either.

I wonder if kerry ever listens to himself talk? hmmmm...
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Global Test Reply with quote

Kerry wanted to apply his "global test" to a decision about attacking another country. Since the enemy country is also part of the "globe", Kerry could never get "global" approval. The global test is an oxymoron!

As for W. P. Wily's post, for candidates out of this globe, probably Bush is from Mars and Kerry is from Venus, and we can tell Kerry "you have rice in Uranus (your anus)"!
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat me to it! LMFAO!!!!!!!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It goes along pretty well with this little snippet, from the debate:

John Kerry:
Quote:
No president, though all of American history, has ever ceded, and nor would I, the right to preempt in any way necessary to protect the United States of America.

But if and when you do it, Jim, you have to do it in a way that passes the test, that passes the global test where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're doing what you're doing and you can prove to the world that you did it for legitimate reasons.

agingrocker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's ego knows no bounds. He would rather be "The Leader of the World" than defend America from enemies that have sworn to destroy us.

Quote:
Kerry said he intends to be a president who understands "that America is stronger when we are leading global alliances and when we are leading the world, and that's how we are going to do it. And that's what I meant."
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: What the heck does this mean? (Kerry quote) Reply with quote

[quote="W.P. Wily"]OK, from an article on CNN.com where Kerry complains that his "global test" comment is being taken out of context:
Kerry wrote:
"But I can do a better job of protecting America's security because the test that I was talking about was a test of legitimacy, not just in the globe, but elsewhere."

Kerry doesn't pass the 'global test' ! He a pure nut case!

and they say he won the debate with this psychobabble?

IN the globe??? elsewhere? where? the belly of Mount St Helen????

it's hard to imagine this is the US of A - with all the propaganda from the media etc !

we 'll change the rules! if Kerry wins, on the 1st day he is in office, he has to jump into the center of the volcano to save the country!

I bet he wilts...
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say from what I've observed of Kerry that he is a one dimensional thinker. As long as he can stay in that "one dimension" he seems to be ok. The only problem is we live in a three dimensional world and most of us "think" three dimensionaly, in otherwords most people can multitask, at least to some extent, but Kerry can't and that's why he comes across as such a bonehead.

Everyone else is saying to themselves "What the hell did he say that for? Is he trying to comit seppuku?" It's just he can't keep track of all the lies he doesn't have that kind of skill. He's just a liar that strives to be a con-artist but fails!
a6502
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semantics from English 101.

The word 'but', when used in either a sentence, or a statement has the effect of negating the first part of the sentence or statement.

---

Sort of like the word 'try'. The real meaning is 'I will put forth enough effort to fail.'

---

Also, from Psych 101.

A subject that uses the word 'but' should be pinned down as to the true meaning of the statement containing the ambiguity.

---

If you know the language, you can understand the subject. Kerry has the ability (just like Clinton, and other true sociopaths) to, within one sentence, argue or support BOTH sides of any issue. The question that Mr. Kerry keeps asking himself is 'What is BEST for John Kerry?'

Obviously the proliferation of videotape and his eternal quest for a camera and microphone have damaged him more than the rice.

And by the way, Hollywood qualifies as 'off planet'.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Kerry whitewash for "UN permission slip."

And, as noted above, he contradicted himself (flipfloped) in nearly the same breath.

Isn't it funny how Kerry's "win" in the dabate was all about "how he looked and sounded" but never about what he really said. No analysis, no parsing.

If the MSM dared to do that, they would see the inconsistencies, flipflops, and lies Kerry was spewing.

But they practice the Rather method: "if it isn't there, make it up!"
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is Kerry whitewash for "UN permission slip."

More like a bucket of agitprop wash....

But that's another thread.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
MikeM
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think JK, as usual, made a poor choice of words when describing his "global test", and he used 20 words when he could have used 5-10. Kerry needed to use plain language to get his point across, but he apparently doesn't know how!

If he had said that a "pre-emptive strike needs to be justifiable after the fact", then I don't think anyone would disagree.

Examples.....Klintons bombing of that asprin factory in the Sudan. That one would clearly not pass his "test".

Isreal bombing the Osirak reactor? Most would say it would pass.

Someone bombing Irans nuclear facilities? stay tuned!
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do NOT need a Monday night quarterback on Sunday for President.

We need someone to make the hard choices ON THE FIELD in realtime, not after some agonized self-induced hand-wringing and abject begging to the thugs at the UN for permission.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
skygod325
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If George Bush said this it would be all over the media.

Maybe he is talking about outer space or something? Rolling Eyes
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But if and when you do it, Jim, you have to do it in a way that passes the test, that passes the global test where your countrymen, your people understand

He obviously was referring to his countrymen of France, or Uranus, one
or the other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: