SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill O'reilly bad mouthed swiftvets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Bill O'reilly bad mouthed swiftvets Reply with quote

Last night on Letterman Bill O'reilly trashed the swiftvets again and I felt made fun of President Bush. Praised John Kerry for his intelligence
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR can't make up his mind. He's confused, delusional and a multiple personality complex. It's unfortunate so many people watch this fake, phoney and fraud. Reminds me of Imus without the stupid cowboy hat.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just shake my head in disgust at the depths to which Bill Effin Obutthead has fallen. What a chump. Can't believe I used to like the jerk, and respect him. Those days are gone forever. Even if he turned 180 and came to his senses I would never trust him again.

Zell Miller
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, BOR just said that he didn't want to hear any more about things that took place 35 years ago, like the Swift Boats. However, it was liberal David Letterman who then begin to talk about Kerry's volunteering twice and Bush going into the Nat'l Guard. Someone needs to send Letterman a copy of UFC.
gerson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: a strategy for dealing with BOR Reply with quote

I have been just as angry and disappointed as everyone else here about the change in BOR over the last few months. We were really counting on him for some fair and balanced treatment for the Swifties and he really let us down. Seems more people than us have noticed it too, since he is no longer #1. The change may be due to 1) getting orders from above or 2) a desire to be respected as a "real" journalist by his "peers" such as Jennings, Brokaw, Rather, etc. (if this is the case he is picking a heck of a time to "get respectable" -- just as the bloggers are showing what dinosaurs these guys are) or maybe he's just tired. Whatever! He is demonstrably losing his following and that is something he must pay attention to. So, what I've decided to do is spend $5 to join Bill O'Reilly Premium Members for ONE MONTH --yes, that will buy lots of bloviation! Seriously, this is a five dollar investment so that I can write some letters that will have a much better chance of being read with attention. Among other things, I'm going to tell him that I will cancel my membership if there is not an improvement in his attitude. I think joining would be a good idea for others to do for just this one month before the election. Here's why: If lots of us do this, we might influence him to do something that will help defeat Kerry. He's trying to get Kerry to come on his show and you know how the conceited idiot always attributes not coming on his show to cowardice (as if there were not other reasons aplenty). I'm sure his demands that Kerry show up will escalate and Kerry for his part might very well do it, since BOR has made so many overtures of friendship and has also promised to re-run the Bush interview right before the election! Plus the cowardice thing would not go down well in light of all the Swifty accusations to that effect. So he is really squeezing Kerry, and Kerry needs some good publicity. I'm thinking that by becoming a BOR Premium Member for this one month, I can have some influence over the questions that are asked. And YOU could too if you join -- it is the letters from the PM's that BOR pays attention to. I will give more money to the Swifties to make up for this, but really I am investing this $5 with BOR for them, since it could really pay off in a big big way, especially if a lot of us do it and write some good letters. BOR carefully explained why he couldn't "hardball" the president, but Kerry as a mere presidential candidate merits no such exemption. Quite the contrary -- Kerry needs to be grilled extra hard so the public knows whether he's fit for command. BOR for his part prides himself more than anything else on asking those tough questions -- let's give him some help and see to it that he does! Whattaya think? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

As Sundance said, "You jus' keep thinkin' Butch."
"Think you used enough dynamite?"
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to weigh in, I too am angry. I've been an O'Reilly fan since he started the Factor on Fox. However, almost simultaneous with earning a first place in the ratings, he joined the OIM (Old Irrelevant Media, pka, MSM) as if they could offer protection. That retreat from the "fair and balanced" cost him thousands, perhaps millions, of viewers who now have nowhere to find reliable news. Because not one single trustworthy journalist remains, we simply have to search the internet and vet the stories for ourselves. Too sad because our founders did not want this bias in the Fourth Estate and now we have only the internet to protect us.
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Basically, BOR just said that he didn't want to hear any more about things that took place 35 years ago, like the Swift Boats.

He did mention the swiftboats when he was talking. He didn't disagree with Letterman when he was praising Kerry . I really thought they were making fun of the President.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How convenient that Boreilly follows on the heel's of Kerry's visit to Letterman. Boreilly is toast.
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short while ago (I believe it was in Geedunk & Scuttlebutt) someone published a long list of emails. Among them was: Bill O'Reilly, Premium Membership: askbill@billoreilly.com. I've been using that address to send my many emails to and always receive an automatic 'reply' which starts: Dear BillOReilly.com Premium Member. Think this may save the $5? Laughing
RagBagger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Bystander, I just asked his Royal Highness about JFnK's lack of atrocity footage from his in-country 8mm movies. Saved five bucks to send to the Swifties too!!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say let him twist in the wind and forget him. It's teh only way he will see his errors.

He made himself look like an ass when he didn't jump on Rather.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is slightly off topic, but if O'Reilly was to get the Kerry interview, I would like for him to ask this question (of course questions about SwiftVets too, but this one I've never heard anyone ask).

Senator Kerry, in Desert Storm 1991 the coalition was everything you today feel is necessary to meet your "global test". World support, Iraq invading another country, Iraq supported terrorism, and large amounts of the war was funded by other nations. You voted against this war. Explain what else was necessary in your "qualifications for war" to get your vote in this situation.

(The question could be worded a lot better to make it more difficult for Sen. Kerry, but that would be the jist of one of my questions).
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill O'Reilly is a fraud, always going for a cheap applause line and trying to take boths sides of an issue. As I've written before, he's nothing more than a glorified disc jockey who wants to be a network anchor.

After Bush is re-elected, watch him start to talk glowingly of this this group.

He's the same old sorry SOB he's always been...it's just now obvious to everyone.
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeinwv wrote:
Quote:
Basically, BOR just said that he didn't want to hear any more about things that took place 35 years ago, like the Swift Boats.

He did mention the swiftboats when he was talking. He didn't disagree with Letterman when he was praising Kerry . I really thought they were making fun of the President.

What was it they were saying about President Bush? I despise David Letterman. I despise Bill O'Reilly too. And O'R never has been a conservative just as Letterman has never been funny.
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR is selling out his audience in quest for entry into the elite MSM.

He is everything he claims he isn't. Most of all, he is an very rich elitest who is very similar to Kerry.

In the end, he cares about nothing other then himself and getting your money.

I will neither listen or watch his bogus show. His total lack of sincerety coupled with his lack of even the smallest amount of humility must grate on even the other the top mindless idiot that actually believes him.

Let him GO, he is neither smart, sincere, honest and most of all his is not "... looking out for you..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: