SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush did more damage than I thought
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Bush did more damage than I thought Reply with quote

I was one who believed that Bush was good but not great during the first debate. I thought Kerry would get a small bump but a short-lived one. It seems I may have been wrong.

As these new polls keep trickling out, Bush is steadily losing ground. While it's not major, it's still troubling. Rasmussen's numbers and the ABC tracking poll are showing that nationally. Pennsylvannia and Ohio are showing that on the state level.

As far as the national polls, Rasmussen and ABC show a disturbing trend. There has been a steady erosion of Bush's numbers. Initially, I thought Kerry would get a short-lived bump and then things would return to pre-debate levels. Now, it looks like Bush held steady over the weekend and has begun to fade as the week moves forward.

The ABC poll went from 51-46 to 51-45 to 49-47 today. That's not good news for the Bush team. What's not know is if these moves represent a single big day for Kerry or real movement. Right now, it looks like the latter. Bush didn't help himself last week. It's really starting to show now.

He needs a good performance Friday, or he could be in major trouble.
Ed McDowell
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you trust any of Kerry's media? The answer is no. There will be a landslide come November 2nd. They want you to feel dejected and have low moral. They have gone into prisons and jails here in Florida and registered anyone who has not been convicted yet. We have to get on the right side and start doing to them what they have done to us. Don't turn the other cheek, smash em back with your fist. Fight for Bush and against Kerry!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only poll that counts is the one on November 2nd - unless you want to screw around with the online polls and help make them show that 99% of the country is for Kerry/Edwards. Wink

OF COURSE Bush is sinking in an ABC poll - what do you expect? The truth? The one that matches NewsWeak's?

We've all known that the media is one giant anti-Bush machine for years, now - how can this be rattling your cage, at this late date? Chin up! They're just trying to suppress the conservative vote and keep their story potential high.

Just keep doing what you do to help defeat Traitor John and don't worry about the dang polls!

If anything it helps us - it shakes us out of our complacency and ensures that we'll get our b**ts to the polls on VETERAN'S DAY! Wink
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what they want you to believe. Just like they want you to believe that the Old Alligator didn't lay the smack down on Silky Pony last night. If Bush is losing ground, we have to remember how much ground he gained. To actually be tied in New Jersey was ridiculous. It was a glorious charge and I suspect the watermark may recede somewhat, but when its all said and done, all Bush has to do is win the same states he won last time, while Kerry has to make inroads into Red turf. Bush is still holding strong in the states he won in 2000. He has a great machine in Ohio. Jeb has never been more popular in Florida. W will take Iowa and Wisonsin form Kerry and still has a shot at MN and PA. Kerry has to make much more signifcant inroads than Bush. Perservere and organize.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the faith Whacker77. We all have our offdays. I didn't think President Bush did all that well at the first debate. But then I thought about everything he has on his plate at this time. He is the President and dealing with all that comes with being the President. Kerry and Edwards have 24/7 of doing nothing but Bush/Cheneybashing and Monday morning quarterbacking and attempting to make themselves look pretty (gag Wink ).
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should help you get fired up. And its from the AP to boot:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=536&e=3&u=/ap/20041006/ap_on_el_pr/bush_retooled

I have not yet begun to fight
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reasonable concern does not equal defeatism.

If Kerry hadn't been the ultimate moron that he is and offered up his screw ups on his own we would have nothing to work with from that debate.

Sorry, but I hate to see the same behavior here that we make fun of when "they" do it.

Our boy dropped the ball. The critism is legitimate, and "we" should be big enough to admit it without the flurry of excuses. It's up to him now to make up for it.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolhand wrote:
This should help you get fired up. And its from the AP to boot:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=536&e=3&u=/ap/20041006/ap_on_el_pr/bush_retooled

I have not yet begun to fight

This speech was excellent and said all the things that need to be said. If Bush gets half of these points out on Friday he will do well.

If this information gets to people over the next 27 days then Nov. 2nd will be a sigh of relief.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole idea that the electorate is that easily moved is ludicrous. Look at the internals of those doom and gloom polls, for pity sake.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted some inflammatory and uncalled-for material here - we ARE on the same side.

1. Speak respectfully to each other.

2. Speak respectfully to each other.

3. Speak respectfully to each other.
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Bush had a problem last week and I agree that Cheney cleaned Edwards clock last night. I too see the polls showing Bush slipping. What reall bothers me is the likes of Bremmer and the report that came out today, chastising the adminstration for the outcome of the war. Also Colin Powell saying there was no connection to Al-Queda and Saddam. And I get a very uneasy feeling that we will be hit because of the dissention between the political spinsters about our resolve and how much of a mistake this war is. I have a son in Iraq now and I am concerned that these politicals will cost the lives of our brave people in Iraq and Afghanistan. A lot of this discussion is out of the Presidents control. It seems he has a lot of the trouble coming from his own people. I really dread the fact that there are some people voting that don't follow the political spin and will actually be taken in back these crackpot dem spinners.
Mobile Riverine Force
A Co. 3/60 9th INF DIV
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by the way, the general consensus of opinion here is that Kerry handled the debate better than did the President.

I've seen nothing that merits the kind of snide remarks toward other members as I've deleted from this thread.

Everyone chill for a while.
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so far to the right that I could never find the left. Also, I can't wait to vote for Bush on November 2. The problem is that I live in Kentucky. Bush will win this state by 15 points.

I'm just worried about the battleground states, Ohio and Florida to be exact. If Kerry wins either one, it's bad news for the good guys. It's hard to say thaT Kerry doesn't have momenetum. One week ago this election was all but over. Now, it's not. Bush can still get back in the driver's seat, but he hurt himself the other night.

If you don't believe me, check out RealClearPolitics.com.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Debates Reply with quote

The Bush campaign will probably get a bounce in the polls from Cheney's drubbing of Edwards last night. We haven't seen THOSE polls yet!

Hopefully, President Bush has learned from his mistakes, and will not go into Friday's debate listlessly or complacently, but will be ready to "get down and dirty" with Kerry, so that he can keep his job.

Liz Cheney, the Vice President's daughter, said that Dick Cheney had spent three days in Wyoming (not exactly a swing state) preparing for last night's debate. After seeing the results, that would be a good idea for President Bush.

I wrote an E-mail to the Bush campaign suggesting that he sit down with Cheney and Karen Hughes tomorrow to prepare debate strategy, and listen to Kerry campaign tapes, to get an idea of what might be coming at him. Then he should get a good night's sleep, wake up late, and NOT campaign until the debate, except for debate preparation, so he can LISTEN carefully to Kerry and parry his inevitable attacks.

Bush has already won debates against Ann Richards and Al Gore. He needs to want to win badly enough. And he can't afford to "misunderestimate" Kerry, who already fooled the Senate into withdrawing from Vietnam...

Go, W!!!
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I certainly hope Bush does better in the next two debates as well. But that hope is for those who need further convincing. I personally don't care if W falls asleep in the middle of an answer. He's still getting my vote.

Somehow a bunch of people who have been living on another planet for the last three years have been getting polled recently and it they that have to be swayed. In the end I believe it's the October surprises on both sides that will sway the week minded voters who claim to be still undecided. There has never been a clearer choice in an election.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: