SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big economic day tomorrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whacker77
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Big economic day tomorrow Reply with quote

Tomorrow is a big economic day for George Bush. The last set of job number will be released prior to the election. Rightly or wrongly, this is how the media and others view the strength of the economy. Last month 144,000 jobs were added and the projection for tomorrow is 150,000 new jobs.

My gut tells me that we could get a big number tommorrow. At least it might be something that beats the expectations, maybe 200,000. It would be a good sign of the economy's health and could get Bush kickstarted again.

Has anyone seen what the whisper number might be tomorrow? Sometimes that type of number will float around on business sites.
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: economic day Reply with quote

It was announced on Limbaugh today that the household poll is over 200,000, that takes into account home business not just payroll business.
ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about numbers but I got a little insight into how things are going from my husband this weekend.

His brothers went to a big used heavy equipement auction on the west coast. Loaders that could be had in bidding, for 40 thousand this spring are now going for bids of 60 to 70 thousand dollars. Competive bidding on big equipement means you have work/jobs lined up, people are going to be hired. (you know, I just don't post much, because I just am not as articulate as the posters here) What I am trying to say is...When we and others are bidding high on expensive heavy duty equipement, we are hiring people to get the job done, and the finished building/business on the job site is going to employ more workers in the end.
There was alot of aggressive bidding....

Its all good...

Did I make any sense?

Last edited by ArmyMedicsMom on Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmyMedicsMom: That makes very good sense, and is very good news.

HOWEVER, give that same information to spin-meisters of the other side and it will probably come out something like:

"Heavy equipment operators are spending excessive money to buy big equipment required to tear down empty factories and abandoned businesses... etc, etc. This money should be going to social programs to help (fill in the blanks), and to the UN for more agressive global tests...."
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad economy mantra of the left is so easy to debunk. All one has to do is look around.

Stadiums, theaters, restaurants and amusement parks full. Our pets eat enough calories to feed all the refugees in the world. We deny ourselves in diets enough calories to feed the world ie. obesity is a major problem. The roads are clogged with new vehicles. Housing starts are at an all time high. All this and so much more of the American lifestyle is discretionary spending.

Largest annual growth of gnp in 20 years. Historic low inflation and interest rates. Reversal of Clinton recession and 9/11 impact. Over two million jobs created.

If an individual finds themselves in an economic state that is less than they desire or need then they should take a look around. Most of America is doing just fine and they should ask themselves why they are missing out. If it is truely beyond their control to change there are plenty of programs to see them through. In most cases they have at their disposal all the resources and opporunities this country has to offer.

At the risk of getting close to being very unPC, it would be interesting to study where certain elements of the population are 1,5,10 years after arriving in this country or losing a job. The difference will be determined in outlook, work ethic, family culture, expectations, etc, not the state of the economy at the moment.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More people are slipping intr poverty everyday..Tell the truth pretty boy Edwards....
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a son working for a branch of Caterpillar making road construction equipment. Three years ago they started laying off people, two yrs ago they discussed closing down, and by the middle of 03 they had storage lots backlogged with equipment and were cutting hours. My son was worried about getting laid off, then last fall and winter things started popping. They have trippled their work force and work mandatory 50 hrs a week and pay double time for anything you work over 50. They have quadrupled output and the storage lots are empty, and at the current pace everything they can build in the next year is already sold. These are non union jobs, but still very good paying, with great benefits.
The biggest problem they have is getting steel, as they cannot buy it fast enough to keep up.
sounds like the economy is really in bad shape.
rparrott21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:
More people are slipping into poverty everyday..Tell the truth pretty boy Edwards....
ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker--spin-meisters of the other side sure like to deflate the boat huh.

How can they stand always looking at the glass half empty?

Its sad.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes no difference what the numbers are tomorrow, because they are never enough. Just like debates, even if Bush does well, in the eyes of the elite media and the kool aid drinkers; he still loses.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
rparrott21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone say I looked like Tom Cruise....
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041007/capt.nr10110072046.edwards_nj_nr101.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: