SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone put their skills to this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jefe
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Can someone put their skills to this? Reply with quote

I wish I had the clarity and power of words that many of the writers in these Forums have. If I did I would write the end all of arguments piece about what the real stakes are—and what the reward will be for a democratic, non-anti-American country in the Middle East.

The old phrase “domino effect” has always had scary connotations to me—nations and regions falling into the communist sphere. Now, it is obvious that our enemies in the Middle East fear a domino effect of democracy in their region.

If I only had the geo-political smarts and lucidity to state an argument that would cause all, including John Kerry to say, “Oh, now I get it.” If I could only say, “this will happen… then this… then this.”

This test in Iraq and Afghanistan, has to be successful. There may never be another time in this next half century for the approximate pieces of the puzzle to be there for a change in the way things are in the Middle East. Those pieces are there, I can feel it, I just don’t know how to identify them and say it.

It is a matter of “do we have the courage to see it through.

Can someone put their skills to this?
Melissa
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean. Perhaps this article will help. I found it very moving.

http://4freedoms.org/id210.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: