SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theory on the attacks of Bush/Cheney offices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Theory on the attacks of Bush/Cheney offices Reply with quote

There's only one reason these attacks are taking place: they are trying to scare off voters, esp. the older volunteers and electorate. Classic behavior by former dictatorships on both the extreme Left and extreme Right throughout history. However, these tactics do not work in the long run. In almost every country that moved toward a democracy where this stuff went on, people went to the polls by the millions (i.e. Eastern Europe and Central America).

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a good theory Doc, and I believe it is right on target. This kind of behavior is something I never thought I would see in my lifetime here in the USA.

It is totally shameful. I'm very sad about this. Crying or Very sad

http://www.thewebplace.com/
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a tip from their allies in Iraq.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure this is a deliberate plan by the DNC. It's bad press for them. I think this is all related to the type of campaign that Kerry is running. He's diminished the office of the president by calling him a liar and since the president is a liar so is anybody that backs him. Then he fans the flames more by stating that our boys are dying for that lie. I'd wager that the people who are responsible for the incidents are either college age students, old anti-war goons or people who can't read. Kerry is evil. He's using the same strategy he used to divide the country during Vietnam. Everyone pray he loses otherwise it will be a very long 4 year.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the MSM is pretty much ignoring this, but yeah this is a big thing, major bad press that can and should be jumped on.
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attacks in Florida were AFL-CIO folks, according to the press.

~mugged~
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Political Intimidation..and they will make themselves and the Kerry Campaign look foolish. "mugged" do you have a link that connects the AFL-CIO folks to the incidents in Florida?? If so, can you provide it? Thanks..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.local6.com/politics/3785861/detail.html

There ya go..

If you have the capability, watch the video offered on the left side of the screen.. there's alot of info in it..

~mugged~
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is nothing but election time terrorism.

You don't see Bush-Cheney supporters doing sh*t like this.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knighthawk wrote:
This is nothing but election time terrorism.

You don't see Bush-Cheney supporters doing sh*t like this.

Republicans are a lot better behaved - usually. Seems I remember reading that Kerry's brother broke into some election office years ago.

Was he in FL? Scott Camil is (lives there) and one of the band of brothers....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimRobson wrote:
You have a good theory Doc, and I believe it is right on target. This kind of behavior is something I never thought I would see in my lifetime here in the USA.

It is totally shameful. I'm very sad about this. Crying or Very sad

I'll echo your sentiment Jim. I never thought I'd see the day where this was happening here. On the one hand it also makes me very sad. On the other hand, it becomes the call to arms (figuratively) in our own modern era, just as surely as there was the call to arms during our founding.

It's unfortunate that the lessons of history have been so terribly lost and distorted. Lessons like "A nation divided against itself cannot stand." Lessons like Churchill's great speech "It's not about you dying for your country. It's about making the other poor dumb b****** die for his." I don't see a lot of evidence that anyone remembers these things anymore.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Replay fo the 60's Reply with quote

This is simply a relapse to the 60s where most of the Democrat leadership still lives. If one wonders why a certain candidate says nothing, could it be a reflection of his own past?
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this and the personal attacks on people's property. Yards signs destroyed burned, swastika burned into lawns and other such vandalism. Out here in AZ, one GOP Highway sign was downed by a truck with NY plates on it!

Has anyone seem anywhere where the DNC or Kerry or Edwards has called attention to all this being wrong.. and to stop..

And the AFL CIO statement, " it got out of hand".. What does a local GOP headquarter have to do with Bush's OT issue. Looks like excuses to act out and as pointed out, intiminate. I'd be very careful if I was the AFL CIO they have fallen very far from grace with their rank and file in most of the trades.
Before the Carpenters Unions severed ties and pulled out, in CT they went after some questionable contractors and a Bogus Union, the AFL CIO sued them. Local trade Unions backed up the Caprenters and of course ultimately the Carpenters severed AFL CIO ties.

To have union members act out in this way is really going to hurt Unions everywhere, making their rank and file look like thugs. The sad part is most union workers would condemn this, however they face intimidation from their own unions if they speak out against the AFL CIO..

trish
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These attacks are a form of terrorism, plain and simple. If it was committed against the DNC, or worse, blacks, the liberals would be screaming. It is no different than what the terrorists did in Madrid on 3/11. Just a bit less violent.

When committed against the Republicans, the MSM is silent. But it is a silence that speaks volumes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: