SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Family told to remove Blue Star banner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Family told to remove Blue Star banner Reply with quote

Family told to remove Blue Star banner supporting son in Iraq

The Seiler family says they were told to remove a small Blue Star banner from their window.

Last Update: 10/07/2004 6:09:47 PM
By: Todd Dukart

The family of a soldier serving overseas says their landlord told them to take down a small banner they put up in support of the man.

Isabel Seiler put the banner up two weeks ago after joining Blue Star Mothers, a support group for parents with children in the military.

The banner features one blue star, signifying her son, Christopher, who is in the Army.

Families have displayed such banners since World War I, and they stay up until their children return home safely.

But on Wednesday night, Isabel says her landlord told her to take the banner, along with a “Support the Troops” sign, down.

“I’m upset,” she said. “I’m upset because I look at the other apartment units around us, and they have Kerry-Edwards signs in their windows. And I don’t understand why I can’t have a Blue Star banner, because it’s supporting our troops.”

An assistant manager of the complex, the Allegro at Tanoan Apartments, had called Isabel about the banner. But, the apartment’s district manager told Eyewitness News 4 that all notices like that are made in writing, never by phone.

The district manager said she’ll look into the problem, but can’t promise the Seilers can keep their banner up. The family says they have no plans to take it down.

http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfm?viewer=storyviewer&id=14192&cat=NMTOPSTORIES

This is really upsetting considering Kerry Edwards signs are not getting the same treatment. I have already sent this on to Sean Hannity. Several other mom's have already forwarded this out to various news sources. Looks like the Asst. Manager must be a Kerry Edwards supporter so looks like the Kerry Edward Supporters are now going after Blue Star Mothers Evil or Very Mad [/img]

Honor, Courage and Committment
something John F. Kerry doesn't have
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: