SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: HERE WE GO AGAIN! Reply with quote

Is it just me or are you getting tired of the comparisons of this war to the Vietnam War? I'm hearing about "atrocities" committed by uniformed personnel of the United States. I'm hearing about how we're invading and comparisons (I'm not making this up) to Adolph Hitler.

I did a brief tour of the history of the world via the New York Times Almanac. It seems their view of world history pretty much revolves around conquest. It seems history seems to change with the passing of great nations. There is no mention of defending of those nations. It seems I'm not alone in thinking the longer one resists the attackers, the longer one nation will be remembered as "great". It appears I'm not alone in the zealous pursuit of the defense of our way of life.

To those who think that 9/11 and attacks of it's ilk are a one-off and singular events, I ask you to consult with the European nations and their history. They will tell you that this is a persistent and consistent adversary. They will not concede with a single victory. They believe in their cause and expect to expend every energy to accomplish their goals.

In this I'm reminded of the Vietnam War and the role the public played. They chastised the warriors and the conductors of the war. I've heard vets tell us me had serious questions about thier orders and the premise under which they would be able to act. But this is a different United States, embarrassed for it's handling of returning troops and embarrassed overall for a failed strategic objective yet a resounding individual defeat of it's enemy.

We are a stronger nation now because of the blood shed in Vietnam. We should have no regrets nor disallusions about the orchestration of that conflict. Our military is just that, an organization designed and directed at destroying those assets a country will use to cause the fall of our nation.

As we continue to debate the current actions of our military, I see almost universal support for the troops (despite the media effort, and THANK YOU VIETNAM VETS) but a complete distrust of the leadership and the intelligence capacity of this nation. There may be flaws, but I'm willing to bet on the side of our proven outpost of democracy.

I've copied this from another post because it's so relevant. God bless our sons and daughters.

It is the soldier, not the reporter,
Who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,
Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier,
Who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag."
Amen. God bless America.

And God bless the American public when given the right information, acts accordingly and protects those rights and priveleges their mothers and fathers defended. Mom and Dad would be proud, Go America!
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: HERE WE GO AGAIN! Reply with quote

DevilDon wrote:

As we continue to debate the current actions of our military, I see almost universal support for the troops (despite the media effort, and THANK YOU VIETNAM VETS) but a complete distrust of the leadership and the intelligence capacity of this nation. There may be flaws, but I'm willing to bet on the side of our proven outpost of democracy.

In fact, this is in large part a direct result of our current Soviet-style media, that would put the old Tokyo Rose, Radio Moscow and Pravda to shame.

Spread the word about the media (e.g., see prior message about the Communist-style American media censorship and its flagrant ommissions, http://swiftvets.com/VetsBB/viewtopic.php?t=1209 ).

It's the media that should be distrusted. (Now, and during the Vietnam conflict as well, I might add.)

Vietnam Vets, take heart. It wasn't you. You were shafted royally by the media ignorazzi.

FDL
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: