SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undecided voters are Morons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WallaceNails
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Undecided voters are Morons Reply with quote

Im sorry, but if you are still an “undecided voter” at this time in the election cycle, you’re either are a moron for not paying attention to the world going on around you—or you’re just a dumb-ass. (Or, you are lying).

I don’t understand how there can be undecided voters at this stage in the game. We have had a Presidential campaign going on for over a year. The people that are “undecided” seem to be waiting for some candidate to “tell them something” or “answer a question”

What the heck are they waiting for? At this point, what “question” hasn’t been asked or answered? What position isn’t known?

With the internet, the 24 hour news channels and the candidate’s own websites, a voter should be able to get any question or concern ANSWERED if they just PAY ATTENTION.

These “undecided voters” piss me off. They are the reason for all of the TV/Radio Ads and the entire BS that we see on the news everyday. Now they are going to be the focus of the debate tonight.

I just wish that somebody would line up all of the “undecided voters” and slap them in the face while yelling at them, “MAKE UP YOUR MIND YOU STUPID IDIOT!”

Damn bunch of wishy-washy goof-balls!

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apathy! I work with several people who are not going to vote or never will at all.

They say that Kerry and Bush are 1 in the same and who cares it's all the same either way. I don't think anyone here would agree with that at all.

Here is what I can tell you about these people. They are more interested in electronic devices and games. They spend hours each evening playing video games and these are grown men with children. It's no gret loss if they want to be that way if you ask me. The other 2 I refer to are self concerned and all consumed with themselves and have no time to understand what is going on.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(Or, you are lying).
I think they are lying, but some may just be full of sh....crap.

Stolen Honor
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go into the chat rooms and someone identifies themselves as undecided you will find with their posts that many are actually decided. For example tonight the debate is supposed to be undecided asking questions. She how many ask Kerry questions on his record. These undecided will be loaded with Bush haters. Mark my words.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:
Apathy! I work with several people who are not going to vote or never will at all.

They say that Kerry and Bush are 1 in the same and who cares it's all the same either way. I don't think anyone here would agree with that at all.

Here is what I can tell you about these people. They are more interested in electronic devices and games. They spend hours each evening playing video games and these are grown men with children. It's no gret loss if they want to be that way if you ask me. The other 2 I refer to are self concerned and all consumed with themselves and have no time to understand what is going on.

It is good that they don't vote. If they are uninformed or don't care, they shouldn't.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocsparky101 wrote:
If you go into the chat rooms and someone identifies themselves as undecided you will find with their posts that many are actually decided. For example tonight the debate is supposed to be undecided asking questions. She how many ask Kerry questions on his record. These undecided will be loaded with Bush haters. Mark my words.

Remember the Ponytailed guy in 2000 wanting to know how Algore was going to take care of him? Undecided, my butt!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've come to believe that "undecided" at this point just means either: 1) I don't care (and I won't vote), or 2) I'm timid or don't have enough facts at my fingertips to invite anyone confronting me on my decision.

Instead of worrying about undecideds, I think the potential payoff is to change the minds of some Kerry supporters who are really not so sure.
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, the Undecided Voter is a mythological character perpetrated by the OIM so they have something to talk about.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Kimmymac. These people aren't undecided. They know who they're going to vote for. But if they say they are undecided, they will get into more meetings and forums and get more of a chance to voice their views.
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( I am decided, so don't flame)

So if someone were to say, " I personally feel that most media outlets are biased in their stories, and that the advertising from each campiagn and their respective unaffiliated 527's are also biased, SO I am going to wait until the debates where I get to see how each acts when confronted with an opponent, what their opinions and morals are, and then I am going to make my decision based on that and a resonable amount of research after the debates."

Would you turn to this person and say, " PICK A DAMN SIDE YOU *explitive* "

While I agree most are too lazy to have formed an opinion or simply don't like talking about it (Samantha Bee from the Daily Show had a very funny skit about undecided voters), I will wait til after the debates to hate them all.
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you folks..... I've heard all the excuses that have been printed here. To me, it means that the MSM, teachers/professors and the dems have done a good job in dumming down our country. Hell, I had house guests that did nothing but listen to rap music, watch MTV and complain about how Bush was destroying this country!! Now for the best part - They are both 40 yrs. old!!! When confronted about this, they both longed for Bill Clinton to be president again! I asked them if they will vote this election and luckily they both replied NO.... They are classic examples of the government owes me crowd. Are we at fault for letting this country fall into such disarray?

In a word - YES

Now ! Everybody get off your A**es and let's turn this great country around!!!

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people in their seventies who have never registered to vote in their whole life because they say they don’t want to serve on jury duty. I have pointed out that jury duty is no longer based on voter roles. Their answer is they don’t see any difference in the candidates or parties and have no interest in politics.

I know other people registered as independents because they don’t want to be bothered by primaries. Yet they vote a straight Democrat ticket in elections because their parents did and/or they are union members. They don’t get a newspaper or watch television news because it is too stressful. They are perfectly happy following the other sheep.

Oregon has motor voter plus anyone can register a voter and turn it in to the County Elections Office without proof of ID. It is one hundred percent vote by mail in Oregon. The number of ballots returned varies from the forty percent range in primaries and special elections to the eighty percent range in Presidential elections. At least twenty percent of registered voters can’t take the time to fill in the ballot, put a stamp on it, and mail it in.

I don’t believe there are any undecided likely voters out there. They are just uninformed, unmotivated, can’t make up their alleged minds, or crave the attention they get by saying they are undecided. I do believe there are undecided unlikely voters out there.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally disagree with the subject/author of this thread.....calling undecided Morons is counterproductive and just plain foolish.

If you are going to have an issue with someone it should be with supporters of Kerry who don't examine the truth behind the man and are supporting him just because he is NOT BUSH...or because Bush is not a Democrat.

Saying that those still examining the candidates are morons only reflects poorly upon you....very much so.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it. Why all this venom about undecideds? If everyone thinks they're either not going to vote, or that they've made up their minds and just won't declare themselves, then so what? What do all these words and posts do to help? Why spend our time ranting and raving about them?

I say do something constructive: change the minds of vulnerable Kerryites. Supposedly 28% of the Democrats have stated they want to see the Iraq war fought to a successful conclusion. If that's true, they can be converted - based on Kerry's latest posturing.
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't get it. Why all this venom about undecideds? If everyone thinks they're either not going to vote, or that they've made up their minds and just won't declare themselves, then so what?

Because of the debate tonight. It will be full of people who support Kerry acting as if they are undecided. Evil or Very Mad

Stolen Honor

Last edited by Son of a VET on Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: