SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates) Reply with quote

I have just watched a replay of the opening of the debates. Right after Kerry shakes hands with Bush and Kerry steps behind the podium, Kerry pulls something out of the inside of his breast pocket. For all I know it could be a 'cheat' type sheet. It was not a hanky or kleenex. If that's the case, Kerry pulled a fast one on the country and his so-called debate abilities can be debunked. This is absolutely AGAINST the rules and should be questioned by the media and debate commission. What can I do to bring this to national medial attention?

(If this has been addressed somewhere else, I apologize. I did a brief search, but my rage about this got the best of me. Help?

Kimberly

Note: Topic updated
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly

I just read this on page 42 of the "Debate" thread.
I think it deserves it's own thread.
I also went to CSpan and reviewed it 3 times.
Kerry clearly cheated by bringing a cheat sheet to the podium.
I'm going to check some of the other sites and blogs to see if they have caught up to this yet.

BTW, the poster who seems to have beaten you to the punch is "closer".

Good work both of you. I'll be back soon.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WebTalk wrote:
kimberly

I just read this on page 42 of the "Debate" thread.
I think it deserves it's own thread.
I also went to CSpan and reviewed it 3 times.
Kerry clearly cheated by bringing a cheat sheet to the podium.
I'm going to check some of the other sites and blogs to see if they have caught up to this yet.

BTW, the poster who seems to have beaten you to the punch is "closer".

Good work both of you. I'll be back soon.

Thanks! I have tried to find contact information for the debate commission, but they do not list any. I have e-mailed some of the folks at Fox, but don't count on them doing anything about it. The bloggers are going to have to bring this to the forefront and QUICKLY.

Kimberly
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:

Thanks! I have tried to find contact information for the debate commission, but they do not list any. I have e-mailed some of the folks at Fox, but don't count on them doing anything about it. The bloggers are going to have to bring this to the forefront and QUICKLY.
Kimberly

Can anybody get screenshots of this. It comes up in RealPlayer for me, but I can't PrintScreen the image for some reason.

Note: It is about 2:07 into the C-Span video.
Donna Savage
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

igor wrote:
kimberly wrote:

Kimberly

Can anybody get screenshots of this. It comes up in RealPlayer for me, but I can't PrintScreen the image for some reason.

Note: It is about 2:07 into the C-Span video.

Something about that whole debate did not smell right to me. For one, Kerry seemed like he knew the questions before they were even asked. Two, the questions were always more biased toward Kerry and in his favor (surprise, surprise). And three, the camera angles sucked. They always worked more in Kerry's favor. If there is any truth to this, this could be a HUGE scandal. That's probably why the DNC said the debate was a "draw" because they could see how obvious the bias was and were trying to cover their butts before we figured it out! I think the next few days will be very interesting.
-President George W. Bush
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone can get a screen capture, you can Upload it to the Internet using http://imageshack.us/index3.php, and then copy and paste the link in a post here.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The T.V. angles were not of the Kerry doing. I watched it on Fox and the explanation of why it is Kerry took up more space in the shot is his height. In order for the Candidates to be seen in equal porportions Kerry needed more room on the screen. (His height, he is far taller than Bush. Allowing split Screen may not have been such a great idea.
As to crib sheets and biased questions, yes I saw this too. Although I think the President offered more substance than Skerry, he was tired and he did get pissed off a couple times with Kerry (rightfully so).
Seriously though Kerry provided more fodder against himself in that debate. He made contradictory statements, he showed himself to lack understanding of the nature of the War on Terror. He used far to many "MoveOn.org" talking points. He was insulting torwards our Allies, again and again.
Nope, Bush may not have had his best night out. however the fact is Kerry provided more than enough "Sounbites" to be used against him. "Backdoor Draft", "Global" (Aren't we a sovereign Nation), "I would not have sent our troops without the proper gear" (How many times has Kerry voted against Defense Budgets), he stuck to the Wrong War comment by continuing to say we should not have spent the money in Iraq, etc....
The Debate on the Economey should be interesting as well. Kerry just voted to keep the Tax Cuts in place. The Economey has been growing a steady rate (and one of the strongest growth rates) for the past couple years, unemployment is down. Etc.....
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from Google Cache - Miami Herald
note: URL converted to hypertext

Quote:
The candidates are barred from appearing with any "props, notes, charts, diagrams or other writings or other tangible things," but they have unfettered flexibility when it comes to taking notes.

They're permitted any "size, color and type" of paper they prefer with any type of pen or pencil.

But they can't waltz onto the stage with the materials. They must be passed along to debate staff beforehand, who "will place such paper, pens and pencils on the podium ..."
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the rules of the debate, neither campaign is to use any footage of the debate in a public forum. Of course, we know that Kerry's side went out immediately after the debate and ran footage of the President's facial expressions. The debate rules also stated that the speaking candidate was the only one who was supposed to be filmed but the media refused to accept that rule and filmed the non-speaking candidate anyhow.

As usual, it appears that the Dems have circumvented the rules they had agreed to. Frankly, if I were the President I would be pi$$ed. The dems don't even seem bound by their own agreements. They are absolutely not trust-worthy. The American people should beware.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any one remember seeing on Fox yesterday when it was said that the Dems didn't sign one part of the agreement in regards to the debates. I can't remember if it was about using footage or what, but I do remember them saying that they didn't sign on the dotted line about something and therefore weren't obligated. They even made it sound a little sneaky like they sneaked that part through. I know it was on in the morning on Fox. Which also brings up a point, is it me or have they started completely sounding like all the other medias, very biased? I can hardly stand to watch. Like right now, it was about vote for change concerts and they blended it in with rock the vote and made them sound like they were one and the same and they are not.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:
Of course, we know that Kerry's side went out immediately after the debate and ran footage of the President's facial expressions. The debate rules also stated that the speaking candidate was the only one who was supposed to be filmed but the media refused to accept that rule and filmed the non-speaking candidate anyhow.

As usual, it appears that the Dems have circumvented the rules they had agreed to. Frankly, if I were the President I would be pi$$ed. The dems don't even seem bound by their own agreements. They are absolutely not trust-worthy. The American people should beware.

I heard on Fox Friday something about using the debate footage....I came in the middle of the report, but I *think* I heard that either the campaign itself or the network may NOT use the footage, HOWEVER, the surrogates (ie, DNC or the RNC), can use the footage of the debates. I think the RNC has some footage of Kerry up already.
Not 100% sure on this, so don't take my word for it.

Also, I think both candidates brought out a sheet of paper to write notes on, but I didn't notice if Kerry had more than one sheet or not. hmmmm Rolling Eyes
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:
According to the rules of the debate, neither campaign is to use any footage of the debate in a public forum. Of course, we know that Kerry's side went out immediately after the debate and ran footage of the President's facial expressions. The debate rules also stated that the speaking candidate was the only one who was supposed to be filmed but the media refused to accept that rule and filmed the non-speaking candidate anyhow.

Kerry can't be trusted to keep any deals he has agreed too.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed he removed paper from his breast pocket but did not know it violated the rules. We all know him well by now and because he got away with lying about almost everything for 35 years, we now should raise HELL any time we see him cheating and lying again. His smirk is enough to make me want to raise HELL.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By accident I taped the first part of the debate. I checked it just now. Sure enough, it is quite clear that Kerry took something out of his jacket inside pocket, put it on the podium and wrote something on something at the podium. I wonder how many times he looked down during the debate as if looking at notes. They may have had plain paper to take reminder notes.

Tom Poole wrote:
I noticed he removed paper from his breast pocket but did not know it violated the rules. We all know him well by now and because he got away with lying about almost everything for 35 years, we now should raise HELL any time we see him cheating and lying again. His smirk is enough to make me want to raise HELL.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recorded FOX's debate coverage on a DVD and went to check it out. It seems like it most likely was a pen (at least from what I could tell) because he took a cap off and then proceeded to write some things down. However, I could be wrong and I'd like to see the footage from different channels and C-SPAN. Anyways though, arent all the materials (pencils,pen & paper) to be checked with the officials and on the podium before the debate. It is my understanding the candidates were not supposed to take anything with them to the podium.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: