SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a m

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lance_Flatchew
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: "How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a m Reply with quote

"How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

This is Kerry's signature rhetoric.

When I first read it, it hit me in the gut like a hammer? But when you look at it in other context:

How do you ask any man to die for a mistake?

How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a victory?

How do you ask a man to be the last man to die to save the world from tyranny?

How do you ask a man to die for anything - you don't!

Every soldier knows there are risk. He trains as hard as he can. He helps his brothers as best he can.

Deep inside he thinks it won't be him.

Deeper inside he hopes if it is him he will die heroically.

All lives given in pursuit of freedom are given heroically.

The last, the first, in victory and in defeat.

Will President Kerry rename the Vietnam Memorial, the Mistake Wall.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put and thought provoking Lance. Kerry is dead wrong however about Iraq being a mistake. It is a significant front in the world-wide battle on terrorism, and denying Islamofacists Saddam's military hardware now and in the future a very good thing. The men/women who have given their lives to achieve this are heroes in my book.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Kerry so insistant that this war be fought in the mountains of Afganistan. Could it possibly be that there would be many more casulatities in those mountains man many more political points he could make. Talk about pond scum.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is such an odd question. I'm not a soldier, so pipe in if I'm wrong. When in war, regardless of whether it's the right place or time, if I were a soldier I would still be fighting our countries enemy. So, if I bite the dust, I would not have died in vain. I would have died in honor fighting our enemy. I just don't get where Kerry is coming from.
Lance_Flatchew
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Different forces... Reply with quote

The forces pursuing Bin Ladin in Pakistan and Afghanistan are small teams of special ops. The army we have in Iraq are not suited for searching out Al Qaida remnants.

How foolish would it be to bring tanks and trucks into this rugged region. Hundreds of thousands of men could not find him there. And if we were to send them over the border to Pakistan it would be seen as an invasion.

Remember when Eric Rudolf the abortion clinic bomber dissapeared into the NC mountains. He was not found with all the resources of the FBI, police, sheriff's department and bounty hunters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: