SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Score one for Homeland Security.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Score one for Homeland Security. Reply with quote

Quote:
Iraqi arrested in Nashville on weapons charge

October 8, 2004

NASHVILLE (AP) -- Federal authorities arrested an Iraqi-born Nashville resident on illegal weapons charges.

It was after a sting operation Thursday that was set up when Ahmed Al-Uqaily told an acquaintance he wanted to "go Jihad'' over the war in Iraq.

FBI terrorism agents arrested Al-Uquaily, 33, after he took possession of two disassembled machine guns, four disassembled hand grenades and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

Court documents show Al-Uqaily also was interested in getting missiles used to disable tanks.

Authorities said he expressed animosity toward the Jewish community, but did not give specific plans.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=2407081

Stolen Honor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homeland Security is great! Very Happy
RogerRabbit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will take time - but we will get them one by one and that is why we need to reelect Dubya
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats so scary about this is that Nashville is not far from Oak Ridge, ORNL (Oak Ridge National Lab, where they built the first Atomic bomb!). If that place go's up, I guess I want be posting anymore Exclamation

Stolen Honor
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, about 3 years ago, my oldest son was going to school for his first year in college. He chose a little college just south of Cincinnati, but in Kentucky. Now at Cincinnati, or shall I say a corner of Ohio, it is what we call the tri-state area cuz you can get into 3 states within minutes or at least an hour. I remember that there were a lot of terror cells being broken up down there cuz we would drive and listen and that is what was always being reported. Especially in the northern Kentucky area. I would not be surprised to have someone try and hit our midwest, our heartland, as one reporter put it. And I don't know for sure, but aren't there a couple of airports down in that corner altogether? So I'm not surprised about Nashville. I know Columbus has been looked over a lot lately. Got a son-in-law that is a cop there.
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that. I grew up in KY. I only live about 20 miles from it now. I'm in the Tri state area- KY, TN, VA. I think that was in louisville. I went to RETS up there.

Stolen Honor
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He went to Thomas Moore and then transferred, got homesick. But I think Louisville is close to Thomas Moore isn't it?
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.

Stolen Honor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: