SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did I hear correctly?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whuffo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Did I hear correctly? Reply with quote

During the second debate last night, I thought I heard Kerry say somewhere during one of his answers that he visited the "kids" at Walter Reed hospital "today" (meaning earlier Friday). Did I hear that correctly?

If he did say that, then did he actually do it or was it another BS lie?

And if I did not hear it correctly, sorry for wasting the bandwidth.
.::geo::.
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I'm sorry to deviate from the question, but did you also hear W call Kerry, "Kennedy"? That one had me rolling on the floor... I'm not sure it was an accident either! Laughing

And with Kerry visiting the "kids"... I think I missed that part. But can we really believe a word that comes out of that guy's mouth? I have a hard time keeping up with him, and tend to tune him out when he starts side-stepping questions.

e,

Georgi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You heard correctly -- he said that he had visited kids with lost limbs "today" ===

of course this will never be covered by the MSM --

just another lie by Kerry

Christmas in Cambodia
October 8th at Walter Reed
I will not raise taxes

This guy is a pathological liar
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the guy a break. What he meant to say was that he had a PLAN to visit Bethesda.... Everybody on the dark side knows that.
ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is a photo op kinda guy. If he had visited Walter Reed, we would know about it, his MSM buddies would make sure.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Give the guy a break. What he meant to say was that he had a PLAN to visit Bethesda.... Everybody on the dark side knows that.
I PLAN to follow that PLAN up.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry was in Colorado the day before the debate. Did he make a special trip back to Walter Reed for the occasion? Then did he fly back to Missouri for the debate? And, just when did he visit with the Security Council before the run-up to the War with Iraq? And, with whom did he meet? The French delegation? The Russians? The Chinese? The Germans? I am very curious about these claims. He is coming across as a serial liar.

And, he is a first-class snob and name-dropper.
whuffo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I was only partially right in my hearing. From the transcript:

"I visited some of those kids with no limbs today, because they didn't have the armor on those vehicles."

He did not say Walter Reed as I thought. So WHERE did he visit our soldiers (NOT kids) with no limbs??
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these were kids, this would be child abuse. Make any kid stay in the room and listen to him talk, and they'll call the hotline on you.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on are you kidding me. Did George W. Bush really have tanning booths and manicurists installed at Army Hospitals?
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Kerry was in Colorado the day before the debate. Did he make a special trip back to Walter Reed for the occasion? Then did he fly back to Missouri for the debate? And, just when did he visit with the Security Council before the run-up to the War with Iraq? And, with whom did he meet? The French delegation? The Russians? The Chinese? The Germans? I am very curious about these claims. He is coming across as a serial liar.

And, he is a first-class snob and name-dropper.

Well or course he is everywhere, meeting with everybody, about everything, all the time. Rolling Eyes

Kerry: All lies All the Time

CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Maereta
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't jump to conclusions that I'm supporting Kerry, because I'm certainly not. In this case, I think it's a matter of him making a very clumsy statement rather than an outright lie. What he really meant was, "I visited some of those kids who have no limbs today, because...."

For someone who prides himself on his clarity of speech and debating skills, he really comes up with some zingers.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has to visit the soldiers with no limbs. If he were to visit the healthy ones they would chase him down and pound some sense in him.
I get email from my son in Iraq and Kerry is no freind of the military.
If he ever did visit one of our brave injured young men it would be great if they looked up at him and asked 'Aren't you the guy who voted agaist us?'
armybrat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:

And his plan is better than W's Rolling Eyes
8dayweek
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: As long as we are on a "Did he really say that?" t Reply with quote

...How about this from Fridays debate question concerning Supreme Court appointments:

Mr. Kerry:

Thank you, Charlie.

A few years ago, when he came to office, the president said, these are his words: What we need are some good conservative judges on the courts. And he said also that his two favorite justices are Justice Scalia and Justice Thomas. So you get a pretty good sense of where he's heading if he were to appoint somebody.

Now, here's what I believe. I don't believe we need a good conservative judge and I don't believe we need a good liberal judge. I don't believe we need a good judge of that kind of definition on either side. I subscribe to the Justice Potter Stewart standard. He was a justice on the Supreme Court of the United States. And he said the mark of a good judge, a good justice, is that when you're reading their decision, their opinion, you can't tell if it's written by a man or woman, a liberal or a conservative, a Muslim, a Jew or a Christian. You just know you're reading a good judicial decision.

What I want to find if I am privileged to have the opportunity to do it and the Supreme Court of the United States is at stake in this race, ladies and gentlemen, the future of things that matter to you in terms of civil rights: what kind of Justice Department you'll have, whether we'll enforce the law. Will we have equal opportunity? Will women's rights be protected? Will we have equal pay for women, which is going backwards? Will a woman's right to choose be protected? These are our constitutional rights.

And I want to make sure we have judges who interpret the Constitution of the United States according to the law. '

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Does anybody see a problem with the last line, particularly coming from a lawyer? At least I now understand why John Kerry is in politics rather than practicing law. I always thought the idea was to interpret the law according to the Constitution, not the other way around. I'm beginning to think Kerry is a real dope, not just a fake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: