SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Democrats: Throwing a Temper Tantrum

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Democrats: Throwing a Temper Tantrum Reply with quote

Democrats: Throwing a Temper Tantrum hattip: BlogsforBush

I was watching a bit of news this morning before I went to work and I came across this talking-head program on which there was a Democratic and a Republican analyst expressing their views about the election. The Republican strategist was no great shakes, a bit inarticulate - or, perhaps, just flabbergasted. You see, the Democratic analyst said that the world is a better place because Saddam is removed but given the intelligence failures pre-liberation, the whole liberation was proved un-necessary. I had a hard time trying to square that. Its either, on balance, a good thing, or a bad thing - it can't be both....

The particular analyst who gave the opinion is unimportant, and for the life of me I can't even recall which Sunday-morning talk show it was (other than that it was on Fox); what is important is this complete disconnect, this unreality of the Democrat's statement - and, additionally, how this was just the most articulate expression of the amazingly incoherent message the Democrats are peddling this year.

Victor Davis Hanson in a recent article captured a bit of this for us:

Quote:
Do the trivialists want Saddam and the Taliban back in power? Does a Mr. Allawi repulse them? Do they wish 10,000 American troops back in Saudi Arabia? Perhaps they want Libya to resume its work on nukes? Do they care whether Dr. Khan returns to his lab? Or do they think it is child's play to hike back through the Dark Ages into the Pakistani borderlands looking for bin Laden? And is it all that easy to have prevented another 9/11 attack for almost three years now of constant vigilance? Perhaps they would like to deal with the corrupt, duplicitous, and tottering Saudi Royal family, which just happens to sit on 25 percent of the world's oil reserves — without whose daily production the economies of Japan, Korea, and China would almost immediately grind to a halt.

Carefully sifting through the Democratic rhetoric, we end up not knowing what the heck they actually want - even such an anti-Bush polemicist like Michael Moore doesn't, in the end, tell us what he wants...the only thing we get out of our Democrats is that they just don't like what is going on. They've got their litany of complaints, but no alternatives - its hard to even call them anti-war, because they wont just come out opposed to the war (Kerry managed to short-circuit an attempt to lard up the Democratic Party Platform with just such a bold, anti-war assertion).

After thinking it over this past day (it wasn't a particularly busy day at work), its come clear to me that these Democrats just cannot be taken seriously. For a moment there, they seemed fierce opponents - now they just seem spoiled, petulant children who had their toy (political power) taken away from them. Just like a spoiled, petulant child they can cause a bit of havoc and no end of pain for the adults of the world but in the final analysis, people do not turn authority over to children.

They wont be able to square the circle - they had a choice on September 12th, 2001; either go whole-hog into the war effort, or become the anti-war Party. In the end, they've done neither - they condemn the effort in Iraq, but say they'll carry it through to victory; they condemn the Patriot Act, and say they wont repeal it; they condemn the detainment center at Gitmo, but don't pledge to close it down....this schizophrenic attempt to have it both ways just doesn't wash - eventually the commercial comes out showing the Democrat taking both sides of the issue and he loses.

A Nice short piece on our choices in November.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Democrats: Throwing a Temper Tantrum Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Democrats: Throwing a Temper Tantrum hattip: BlogsforBush

the Democratic analyst said that the world is a better place because Saddam is removed but given the intelligence failures pre-liberation, the whole liberation was proved un-necessary. I had a hard time trying to square that. Its either, on balance, a good thing, or a bad thing - it can't be both....

The particular analyst who gave the opinion is unimportant, and for the life of me I can't even recall which Sunday-morning talk show it was (other than that it was on Fox); what is important is this complete disconnect, this unreality of the Democrat's statement - and, additionally, how this was just the most articulate expression of the amazingly incoherent message the Democrats are peddling this year.

To understand this talking head's mind, see Dilbert's thought disorders of irrational people:
( http://www.megat.co.uk/wrong/ ):

Total Logical Disconnect
Example: I enjoy pasta because my house is made of bricks.

as well as:

Irrelevant Comparisons
Example: A hundred dollars is a good price for a toaster, compared to buying a Ferrari.

Argument by Bizarre Definition
Example: He's not a criminal. He just does things that are against the law.

Judging Things Without Comparison to Alternatives
Example: I don't invest in US Treasury bills. There's too much risk.

FDL
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the thing that I just do not understand why is it only the failure of US intelligence when all other intelligence agencies came up with the same conclusion....Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction and we a threat to the world. Why is it that is is only the US CIA who is getting blamed for the same lack of human intelligence that all of the other nation's agencies had the same credible sources, yet it is only the US who gets blamed.

I still think that WMD's still excist....maybe I am just naive in that regard. It is not like we were really quiet about going to war with Iraq...the whole world knew what our intentions were. Iraq had plenty of time to either hide them or dump them in another country. After all the Kurds knew first hand what Saddam was capable of doing. It is not like Saddam stayed within the rules of the resolutions from the first Gulf War, so it can not be expected that he would suddendly decide to comply with the UN (Useless Nitwits).

It really irks me when Kerry claims he will go to the UN to get help....President Bush tried that...didn't work. I do not know how Kerry expects to do...he is not going to have any more influence than President Bush did. I respect President Bush for not letting the world dictate to the US as to who and what we can or can not do. It was the US who were attacked....and I did not see ANY country other than the UK who really stood by us.

The one thing that most of the world does not understand about American's is we may complain, moan and groan about our differences but when we are put under pressure the American people will stand together. We saw this after 09-11 when patriotism soared. It just saddens me that it did not last long enough. I just wish we could argue our differences in a nicer attitudes...but I see most of the nastiness coming from the left and it bothers me. I always let people state their wrong opinions first, then I correct them to the right one...(LOL). It seems on the left side they just keep getting nastier, nastier and then nastiest. It is to the point that when I see John "F" Kerry's face I just turn the TV off. I have no interest to see this, sorry guys I have to say it - but please do not take offense at putting him in the category, man lie and lie and lie some more. Hopefully he will start slipping in the poles and we can keep sending messages out to inform those we can.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: