SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Kerry will NEED to reinstitute the DRAFT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Why Kerry will NEED to reinstitute the DRAFT Reply with quote

It occurred to me last night that if John Kerry is elected we may need a draft. I wonder how many young people will volunteer to serve under a Commander in Chief who does not believe in the military. How can he lead OUR troops after he accused our soldiers of atrocities in 1971? After he secretly conspired with our enemy in Paris?

Who would want to fight under the command of a leader who has demonstrated the capacity to turn on the military in a most cynical fashion to satisfy his blinding political ambition? He sold out his fellow soldiers and POW's before. That is his record. That is who he is.

How many of our soldiers want to fight in a war that he has called a collosal mistake? The wrong war at the wrong time in the wrong place? How inspiring is that?

Last night I was watching the pre-debate show on Hardball. Several of the Washington University students cited that their reason for voting for Kerry was fear of the draft. Duh! What are they thinking? I was thinking of all the money the parents are paying for college where they are being nurtured in a culture of appeasement and liberalism that will take decades to undo.

Last edited by Nomorelies on Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Last night I was watching the pre-debate show on Hardball. Several of the Washington University students cited that their reason for voting for Kerry was fear of the draft.

They're thinking........NO way I want to defend the USA

IMO, they're cowards just like their "hero" JFnK Exclamation

Their style is to intimidate and be violent towards honest Americans that do not share their ignorant views!
ie: mom of slain soldier at candlelight ceremony, RNC offices, Repub delegates going to dinner in NY, destroying property of Bush supporters.
OH YEA, courageous, aren't they?
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Have a PLAN for that - Just go to my website skerry.com to see it
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerRabbit: Can you post the URL here. skerry.com gives me a weird geneology site.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry says he will increase the number of troops (not sailors, marines or airmen) by 40,000.

How?

The dems and Kerry have been accusing Bush of bring back the draft. Could it be that they are just setting up the country for a draft in order to get those 40,000?
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to students Reply with quote

Nomorelies. May I use your statement? Want to use it to send E-mail to WU newspaper. I would post their email address but is that forbidden? Anyway it is on the right hans side of the web-page. [http://record.wustl.edu/]
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. You may quote me. I don't know if ADMIN minds posting their email address.

You can ask permission by sending a private mail message to ADMIN. If you post it and they do not like they will remove it.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Draft Reply with quote

With nomorelies permission and writing assistance here is what I sent to WU:

If Kerry wins we will need to bring back the draft!!!

It occurred to me last night that if John Kerry is elected we will need a draft. I wonder how many young people will volunteer to serve under a Commander in Chief who does not believe in the military. Please remember Kerry voted for the 87 billion to support the troops before he voted against it! How can he lead U.S. troops and all our allies, including Iraqis, in a war against terrorism, when he accused and insinuated that as a matter of policy all of our soldiers committed atrocities in 1971? Not only that but he also admitted to committing atrocities himself (Meet the Press 1971).

Who would want to fight under the command of a leader who has demonstrated the capacity to turn on the military in a most cynical fashion to satisfy his blinding political ambition? He sold out his fellow soldiers and POW's before. That is his record. That is who he is. He has not changed which is evident by his cynical denunciation of and insults directed towards the Iraqi Prime Minister. That is how you build a coalition? By insulting people who have already suffered for 30 years and continue to die?

How many of our soldiers want to fight in a war that he has called a colossal mistake? The wrong war at the wrong time in the wrong place? How inspiring is that? Finally, it was two Democrats who introduced bills to re-instate the draft.

Recommend we get this out to all college university newspapers ASAP!!! Feel free to copy and use my version.
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Reply with quote

1AD wrote:
With nomorelies permission and writing assistance here is what I sent to WU:

If Kerry wins we will need to bring back the draft!!!

It occurred to me last night that if John Kerry is elected we will need a draft. I wonder how many young people will volunteer to serve under a Commander in Chief who does not believe in the military. Please remember Kerry voted for the 87 billion to support the troops before he voted against it! How can he lead U.S. troops and all our allies, including Iraqis, in a war against terrorism, when he accused and insinuated that as a matter of policy all of our soldiers committed atrocities in 1971? Not only that but he also admitted to committing atrocities himself (Meet the Press 1971).

Who would want to fight under the command of a leader who has demonstrated the capacity to turn on the military in a most cynical fashion to satisfy his blinding political ambition? He sold out his fellow soldiers and POW's before. That is his record. That is who he is. He has not changed which is evident by his cynical denunciation of and insults directed towards the Iraqi Prime Minister. That is how you build a coalition? By insulting people who have already suffered for 30 years and continue to die?

How many of our soldiers want to fight in a war that he has called a colossal mistake? The wrong war at the wrong time in the wrong place? How inspiring is that? Finally, it was two Democrats who introduced bills to re-instate the draft.

Recommend we get this out to all college university newspapers ASAP!!! Feel free to copy and use my version.

May I suggest an addition to the letter--

GWB did not propose increasing troop strength. He wants to "get over the crunch" with troop re-allocation and additional hi-tech systems.

However, Kerry has promised to increase troop strength by 40,000.

It is "a challenge" to maintain the current enlistment level with the extra deployments and soldier inconvenience of wartime.

It doesn't even meet the giggle test, that Kerry can increase troop strength by 40,000 without reviving the Draft! Of course he will have to revive the Draft!

The only Draft alternative, would be to perhaps double or triple military payscales. I have nothing against that, but it certainly wouldn't reduce the deficit as Kerry has promised.

=====

IMO, to a young person afraid of a Draft, the above argument would be MORE persuasive than the Troop Morale argument (though the Morale argument is quite valid).

A liberal college kid could easily discount the Troop Morale argument as Right-Wing Spin.

However, if the kid has any sense, the numerical impossibility of hiring 40,000 extra troops without a Draft, will be more difficult to discount.

Even if a kid is really liberal-- If he's afraid of military service-- If it is clear that Kerry can't scare up 40,000 extra soldiers without a Draft, the kid might vote his self-interest rather than his political philosophy.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry will have bring back a draft because the current military will not re-enlist, many will leave the military. My other half is a reservist who has volunteered for another 2 years of active duty -- but he is not happy about the prospect of doing that without Bush as CIC.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
Kerry will have bring back a draft because the current military will not re-enlist, many will leave the military. My other half is a reservist who has volunteered for another 2 years of active duty -- but he is not happy about the prospect of doing that without Bush as CIC.

God help all of us if Kerry should win this election. He is a traitor and I would not want to re-enlist if I were in the military either with him as President. OOOMG. Furthermore, I figured out how he could get the coalition to help us in Iraq: He would pay them more than Saddam did!!!

Traitor! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:

My husband is on deployment right now to the Persian Gulf....I can tell you that the ballots are off his aircraft carrier... 'Bush' ... is the CIC wanted to remain in office... OOH-YAH!

Not a phoney 'Navy of One' Anti-War guy like....Kerry Rolling Eyes
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Permission granted. The letter is getting better with each addition. Why not post it at [/url]http://www.powerlineblog.com[url]

I would also post it at Captain's Quarters
and Little Green Footballs
and Wizband and Michell Malkin blog sites.[/url]
Proud of my VietVet Dad!
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:

Not sure if I'm right, but won't this also hurt the unemployment numbers. After leaving military life, most will need jobs, right? What does he PLAN to do about that?
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was considerable discussion here several weeks ago. Remember: In the DHC Kerry said he would add the 40,000 troops. Later in another response to a question (sorry can't get the reference now) he said yes it would be a "call up". Duh! Then the Bills introduced by Hangel et al came to the surface, etc. They tried to hang this on the Republicans at a critical point in time of this election... but the Republicans called up the Bill and had a vote this past week to get it on record. The Dems who introduced it were forced to vote down ther own bill and go on TV to talk about it. Ha!

Yes the mention of a draft sent the college group into a terror alert and the logical conclusion was...STOP THIS WAR SO THERE CAN NOT BE A DRAFT. KERRY WILL STOP THE WAR. VOTE KERRY Sound familiar??? The truth is they would be voting for the ONE person who would put them into MANDATORY SERVICE.

Yes the Democrat platform supports MANDATORY NATIONAL SERVICE (2 years every young person 18-26 including women), aka quasi-draft. We are drifitng into this as it is tied to the community service our children perform at school and fed monies are tied to their meeting a goal of hours served. There was information on John Edwards site. Check it out. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: