SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

? Pro-Kerry Vets; Ideology or Conviction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: ? Pro-Kerry Vets; Ideology or Conviction Reply with quote

Why are some Vets pro-Kerry, is it out of conviction or ideology? I'm wondering how ideology can trump the fact Kerry took an anti-American position in the middle of the Viet Nam war. Several Generals/Admirals have given Kerry the nod and oppose Bush; how can a "brother" possibly see Kerry as Commander and Chief, especially in the midst of the war on terror????
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just misguided and not cognizant of all the facts with a few part of the far-left kool-aid camp.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always considered this good advice: "Follow the money."
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still "yellow dog" democrats out there that think that Kerry
is just another democrat. Surprise. What part of Comunist don't you
understand.
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: McPeak and others of high rank are outsiders Reply with quote

McPeak and others of high rank are outsiders in the Bush administration, they are job and advancement seekers.

The rest are victims of MSM. too bad they just don't log on here and "talk it out..."

A better question is why do 2/3 of the Vietnam vets support Bush as does 3/4 of the military...
Mongo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They ALL are looking for high level posts in a Kerry Dept. of Defense! No high level Flag Officer could support Kerry for any other reason except they are looking for a power position if he wins.
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
They ALL are looking for high level posts in a Kerry Dept. of Defense! No high level Flag Officer could support Kerry for any other reason except they are looking for a power position if he wins.

How much is a slightly used soul going for these days ?
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

President Bush doesn't name drop about the retired flag officers supporting him. But the list is over 300.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATACKM wrote:

How much is a slightly used soul going for these days ?

not much I'd say..... It turns my stomach evey time I hear Kerry quote a scripture.... clips from him in the churches yesterday about did me in....

shortly, I won't be able to continue to restrain myself from sending his campaign an email..... take about a wolf in sheep's clothing.... tho, there is a big tear in it... and people would be able to see thru it if they'd just open their eyes !

Sad Sad Sad
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Fighter Cat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Request to Viet Nam vets Reply with quote

Please vote for President Bush in 2004. Do not let your party affiliation prevent you from making the right decision this election.

John Kerry is doing the same thing to our American troops in Iraq that he did to the troops in Viet Nam.

He is demoralizing them by saying the mission is not worth it. He also demorlizes me as an American.

My ex-husband was a Viet Nam vet. He suffered when his peers who did not serve called him a "baby killer' when he came back. He was not a criminal. It caused him a great deal of pain and stigma. He probably still feels it today.

Please vote for President Bush so that we as a nation and our military do not have to endure that sitgma as well.

We fight for freedom. Our cause is just.
Fighter Cat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ? Pro-Kerry Vets; Ideology or Conviction Reply with quote

Steve02C5 wrote:
Why are some Vets pro-Kerry, is it out of conviction or ideology? I'm wondering how ideology can trump the fact Kerry took an anti-American position in the middle of the Viet Nam war. Several Generals/Admirals have given Kerry the nod and oppose Bush; how can a "brother" possibly see Kerry as Commander and Chief, especially in the midst of the war on terror????

There are always a few generals left from the Clinton administration hanging around and hoping for a consultant job.
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: ? Pro-Kerry Vets; Ideology or Conviction Reply with quote

Fighter Cat wrote:
Steve02C5 wrote:

There are always a few generals left from the Clinton administration hanging around and hoping for a consultant job.

And then there's Wesley "I Should've Been a Woman" Clark. Talk about an opportunist!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: