SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letīs Stay Focused!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Letīs Stay Focused! Reply with quote

There are 4,686 topics in this forum. As we head into the final weeks, letīs remember the basic argument:

Kerry is unfit for command as President and Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces based upon:

1. His acceptance of three Purple Hearts knowing that at least two were incorrectly awarded.

2. The strong probability that he submitted false documentation IOT receive those Phs

3. His use of those PHs to get the hell out of Dodge after only four months twelve days in-country.

4. The strong probablility that he falsified accounts of his actions IOT receive a Bronze Star.

5. His use of high-level influence IOT obtain a cushy billet close to where he intended to run for Congress.

6. His use of high-level influence IOT receive an early transfer from active duty.

7. His false accusations against the members of the Armed Forces in front of Congress

8. His secret meetings with North Viet Nam and Viet Cong politicians while still a Navy Reserve officer.

9. His betrayal of POWs throughout his years in the Senate.

The main consideration is one of integrity and trustworthiness. Leave the current issues alone and go for the gut.

Dane
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
5. His use of high-level influence IOT obtain a cushy billet close to where he intended to run for Congress.

6. His use of high-level influence IOT receive an early transfer from active duty.

While it was unusual for him to get a posting as a dog robber after his return from RVN -- and especially since he wasn't being groomed for an admiralty billet -- this is not what I would consider an especially weak or exploitable assignment.

He was looking at the downside of his active duty stint. And admirals LIKE to have highly-decorated aides. That is not at all uncommon. And the admiral was a BUPERS MILPERCEN admin type, not a fleet admiral, so the assignment wasn't THAT glorious.

Other than those nitpicks, you've nailed the salient points.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, and think it's time to once again emphasize some of the blatant prevarications.

The "Christmas in Cambodia" story, with documented, undeniable proof (US Congressional records) of his saying it was "seared-seared into his mind", is one example of a situation where his outright, on-their-face, court-indefensible lies -- under oath -- for purely self-aggrandizing political purposes were not properly called into account.

-- FDL
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: From his own mouth and in print.!!! Reply with quote

All of the following is not, something the( Swift's made up ?? per press)this list is what the "press printed themselfs"

1. Christmas in Cambodia

2, The magic "hat" from the CIA man.

3. The "Gun Running in Cambodia"

4. The "flying dog" VC. "he landed unharmed on a ship following"

5. The "special dog tags" the "recon" kind, to go on "clandstine mission"

to Cambodia, those with the "rubber edges" even produced them

from his pocket to a member of "his press" and worse gave the

second of the pair to his daughter "to help with hard times"

6. Read W. Scott Thompson's of Tufts Un. Medford Mass. "opinion "

in the Jarkata Times Sept 11, 2004, "Kerry's xwife my close friend

gave me a set of note pads with musical notes, of my favorite

music , "ref to Don Govononi's "expoits in Spain" this followed by

Kerry when in my home and Adm Zoomwalt was there Zoomwalt

would not shake his hand. and more.

7. Wait by the end of today another "lie" for his self promation will

need to be posted here. Its hard to keep up.
Cap' DOC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Under oath Reply with quote

fortdixlover - I must remind only that we have no proof that Senator Kerry swore an oath before giving his Winter Soldier testimony. If anyone is aware of Congressional Records that indicate that he did swear an oath, I personally would like to know about it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=98226#98226

to all,
i don't know bout the rest of ya's but this one hit home and was a great read.
how bout getting this one on email lists for all to read.
i think it will open alot of eyes out there.
MADE UP YOUR MIND YET?
I wonder how many Americans were paying attention last week when new revelations were made about Islamic terrorist plans for America. Did you hear about those computer discs that were discovered with floor plans for some of America's schools? Now what, pray tell, would a cold-blooded Islamic murderer want with architectural plans for an American school?

Ever heard of Beslan? That's the town in Russia where Islamic terrorists most-probably associated with al Qaeda murdered over 200 Russian school children. They obtained plans for the school, entered the school, secured the escape routes, rigged the school with explosives, and held hundreds of children and their parents hostage for days. The, when the children tried to escape after explosives were detonated, the brave Islamic warriors started shooting little school children in the back. Now we learn that other Islamic terrorists have been collecting plans for American government schools.

Do you want to talk about terror? What type of terror do you think would sweep America if suicidal Islamic murderers invaded just one American school and killed 200 school children as they did in Beslan? The murders of the American school children would be preceded by a few days of a hostage standoff. The area around the school would be a sea of satellite trucks as television brought the hostage crisis to virtually every American living room. Petrified parents across the country would keep their children at home. Homeland security forces would negotiate while planning a raid to free the children. The Islamic terrorists would play the negotiating game while soaking up the worldwide publicity from the intense 24/7 television coverage. Then, as deadlines approached, the Islamic murderers would fulfill their suicidal designs. They would hit America in its softest spot ... it's children. Hundreds of American school children would die. Cameras from Arab television would bring to America scenes of militant Islamists celebrating and dancing in the streets of Egypt, Syria, Iran and the so-called Palestinian territories.

How long do you think it would take for Americans to begin sending their children back to government schools? Billions of dollars would be appropriated by the congress to create the ESA, the Education Security Agency. Our schools would become armed fortresses. The school day would be lengthened to allow time for the intense security screenings that would be required of every teacher, administrator, student, cafeteria worker and janitor. Life in America would undergo a change that would make long airport security lines almost pleasant by comparison.

This is the nature of the enemy we face. They shoot school children in the back. They had plans for American schools. Correction: They HAVE plans for American schools. Weapons of mass destruction? You don't think that was mass destruction you saw in Beslan last month? How can you draw comfort from the fact that Saddam Hussein, with his proven ties to al Qaeda, had temporarily halted his chemical, biological and nuclear weapons programs until he could manipulate the United Nations into removing sanctions? How can this make you feel one bit safer after witnessing the sight of hundreds of small black body bags guarded by the sobbing mothers and fathers of Beslan?

Three weeks from tomorrow you have a chance to send these Islamic murderers a message. You can tell them that Americans are resolute in their determination to find those who would kill us ... and who would kill our children .. and destroy them before they get the opportunity to carry out their deadly plans. Three weeks from tomorrow you can show them that there will be no global test. There will be no hasty withdrawal. There will be no appeasement. Our determination to protect our citizens and our children will not be dependent on the participation of France or Germany, or on the approval of a United Nations infested with corruption and the poison of anti-Americanism. You can send the message that the wishes of a majority of Europeans for a weakened America will not be realized.

Three weeks from tomorrow ... when you head to the polls ... think about those building plans for American schools on terrorist laptops. If, with those thoughts in mind, you can still bring yourself to vote for appeasement, for a weakened America, and for a pullback from the front on the war on terror --- if you can still bring yourself to vote for John Kerry, then you are a completely different type of American than I
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane is on target. Kerry, despite polls showing a tied race, is on the ropes. His first debate "bounce" is all but gone. He has been exposed. We need to stay focused and pin him down on those things he either has admitted or cannot refute.

The public may not be as mindful as we about these issues, but they know when someone is lying. That is why now, more than ever, is the time to stay focused as Dane wrote on those things that cannot be refuted--and which show Kerry to be the most unqualified man to seek this office in the history of the United States.
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane items
Quote:

7. His false accusations against the members of the Armed Forces in front of Congress

8. His secret meetings with North Viet Nam and Viet Cong politicians while still a Navy Reserve officer.

9. His betrayal of POWs throughout his years in the Senate.

The main consideration is one of integrity and trustworthiness. Leave the current issues alone and go for the gut.

The How, the Why, and Who of at least those 5 items are some of the reasons I began exploring his financial links...developing at
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12699
He had hidden agendas and motivations from day one. There is no way this man was/is as altruistic as he wants the world to believe.

We need to nail this guy.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect, I personally, I believe what J.Fn Kerry did AFTER he came back from Vietnam (his slandering all Vietnam Vets on "Meet the Press" and under oath in front of the senate in 1971 and his lousy senate record) connect better with the general electorate. As veterans we understand the "military" stuff and language, and we don't have to convince most vets and most of the active military. We have to connect with the civilians. When a civilian reads, "yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed" (Kerry on Meet the Press), they understand that. It's in Kerry's own words. Kerry cannot defend those comments. But when you get into medal controversies, who was where when, he said-he said, etc., most civilians cannot follow that. I can attest from many of my friends, they find the Vietnam (in-country) issues very confusing.

It now comes down to the swing voters and undecided. We need to make is as easy as possible for them to understand. We cannot confuse them.
With 3 weeks left, it's important to keep the arguments very clear and clearly understandable by the general public.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Jerry wrote:
With all due respect, I personally, I believe what J.Fn Kerry did AFTER he came back from Vietnam (his slandering all Vietnam Vets on "Meet the Press" and under oath in front of the senate in 1971 and his lousy senate record) connect better with the general electorate. As veterans we understand the "military" stuff and language, and we don't have to convince most vets and most of the active military. We have to connect with the civilians. When a civilian reads, "yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed" (Kerry on Meet the Press), they understand that. It's in Kerry's own words. Kerry cannot defend those comments. But when you get into medal controversies, who was where when, he said-he said, etc., most civilians cannot follow that. I can attest from many of my friends, they find the Vietnam (in-country) issues very confusing.

It now comes down to the swing voters and undecided. We need to make is as easy as possible for them to understand. We cannot confuse them.
With 3 weeks left, it's important to keep the arguments very clear and clearly understandable by the general public.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.

I have to agree with Doc Jerry. The people that I talk to actually admire the fact that Kerry was in country while Bush was not. If I try to get too detailed with them on what happened in country they get a glazed look in their eyes and always say "Yes, but he WENT." Now when I mention that he was a war protestor with the likes of Jane Fonda after coming home THAT they understand. If I send them a copy of the front of his book that he wrote back then they get angry over the cover. I too feel that to make an impact on those voters who are not ex-military you need to focus on Kerry's activities after he came home.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree. the medals and PH issues most people (other than the vets) just don't care about. But when I saw that Ad with Kerry before the senate-WOW I connected immediately. The average american can understand treason and slander and betryal of one's own country and ones fellow soliders. People know what a benidict Arnold is. People know what is meant by saying "hanoi Jane". (at least most over 40 do)
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The focus has to be on what resonates with the public and in the closing weeks it has to be clear and drastic.
Until the Navy speaks against the medals it will remain just s "smear" for most Americans ( Sad ), his association with groups infiltrated by communist, funds linked, and assasination plots, his association with Scott Camil...those issues resonate & reflect badly on his character and the trust issue. People hate Fonda, too.

But even more relevant to the average voter is what stupid stuff K & E have been saying lately...."nuisance" comment, Edwards saying program funding would be cut to balance the budget, tort reform(all women should be voting REPUBLICAN to force tort reform if for no other reason..Think women)

CTW

Never Ever Kerry
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, the biggest thing HELPING Kerry is the rampant, unchecked FRAUD that is taking place in the voter registration rolls.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Stay focused and get out the vote Reply with quote

We need to get out the vote, as never before, to prevent Kerry, a charlatan and betrayer of the Vietnam Vets, from resting his head on a white house pillow.

But the battle needs to continue, to get fairness from the MSM, to change the culture of the universities, which nurtures a culture of defeatism and ambivalence towards American values and strength.

Much to get done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: