SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Global Test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Kerry's Global Test Reply with quote

i think that it is funny that the first gulf -iraqi war passed the Global Test ,,and kerry still voted against it

flameworker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: How? Reply with quote

How do you see that it passed the "global" test?
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

• It was backed by a U.N. resolution specifying a military response.
  • The stated goal was the re-establishment of the legitimate government of Kuwait.
  • It was implemented by a coalition of nations, including Arab ones.

Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Kerry, in comparing the first Gulf war to the second, said that the first one was an example of what he had meant by passing the "Global Test."

France and Germany were in the coalition and the other countries footed a large portion of the "bill" for that war, to kick Saddam out of Kuwait.
ohanakat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Willing and Able? Reply with quote

One of my "peanut gallery" quips whenever I hear JK or one of his puppets start is

"I betrayed this country as a young man and I will betray this country as President!"

Willingness and ability are the basis of loan decisions for bankers, and I find applying this discipline to any decision about someone's trustworthiness works. In a loan decision, willingness is evidenced by the person's credit history -- their record of meeting commitments in the past, and ability is evidenced by their current income and expenses -- their available cash flow to repay the loan they've requested.

This logic can easily be applied to JK, measuring his willingness and ability to be CinC. His vote against the Gulf War tops my list of evidenced unwillingness. Even when not subjected to the pressures of other primary candidates (as he was in the recent history of flip-flops), he still made the wrong choice and showed unwillingness to defend his country. With this heading the list, all of his other actions fall right into line showing a 30+ year pattern of unwillingness. He often doesn't even show up! All in all, a very poor "credit history"!

On the ability side, he also fails in my estimation. His grandiose "plans" are as fantastic as his stories about his heroism in Vietnam. He simply cannot do everything he's promising without raising taxes and/or increasing the deficit. The math just doesn't work! Add to this the likelihood of a Republican Congress that would have little motivation to support these plans, and he's destined to fail. Given how the Dem leadership has behaved, he might not be able to do anything at all, assuming he even "shows up".

So, JK will not be ABLE to keep his promises, even if he is WILLING, and there's a lot of doubt about willingness based on a long history that points in the other direction.

For many folks, his actions in Vietnam say all they need to hear, but for many others, it's a long time ago, they have ambivalent feelings about the war, and honor may not be high on their list of desired attributes. The President of the U.S. must be WILLING and ABLE. We can each select our own examples of how JK has demonstrated and continues to demonstrate unwillingness and inability. It's very similar to fitness for command, just translated into another approach at evaluating. The same truths and facts are used.

Kat
subsailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Unwilling and Unable Reply with quote

Thanks, Kat

John Kerry - a lifetime record of being unwilling and unable to defend the USA.

Maybe the best and most logical summary I've seen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: