SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ONE CRUCIAL AREA WHEREIN ISLAM IS MORE HIGHLY EVOLVED THAN T

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrian Spidle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: ONE CRUCIAL AREA WHEREIN ISLAM IS MORE HIGHLY EVOLVED THAN T Reply with quote

As the son of a sea captain who was fascinated by the Islamic World as a result of his numerous working visits throughout it, I grew up learning about that great religion. In my own days as a sailor I also visited numerous Islamic lands and experienced much of its’ rich culture including prayerfully kneeling in several great mosques. My favorite Islamic personality that emerged from my studies of Islamic history is Suleiman the Magnificent, the greatest Osmanli Sultan excepting perhaps Mehmet the Conqueror. Islam divides its morality in two parts. The first is within the LANDS OF SUBMISSION wherein Allah the merciful requires a strict and forgiving fairness in all dealings that was quite unique in the world. The second is everywhere else which is considered the LANDS OF WAR; wherein anything goes. Within his dominions Suleiman was truly magnificent. For example, if a Christian farmer approached him with a complaint while he was marching to war amidst his armies he felt duty bound to hear him out and appoint an official to look into it and correct any wrongs committed, even by his own Islamic officials. In this light, can anyone really be surprised by the long lasting conversion of over a six of our planets population? Their culture fostered arts and sciences and the recently renamed Istanbul was a truly great center of civilization. However, all was different in the Lands of War. A similar Christian farmer in, say Hungary, could be raped, tortured and horribly murdered along with his wife and children and that was no moral problem to Suleiman or Islam. Again, it doesn’t take much imagination to understand the success and sustainability of Islam. Unfortunately for us, my friends, we live in the Lands of War. Osama bin Laden, his followers and allies are committed to changing that. They operate exactly in the mainstream of Islamic law, history and tradition as they are committed to converting us or killing us. And they don’t care which. Again, unfortunately for us, the Liberal West is morally devolving by eliminating the common sense moral duality of Peacetime Morality and Wartime Morality. This leaves us very vulnerable to defeat and Islamization over the next century or two. Make no mistake, ALL MUSLIMS ARE VULNERABLE TO THE APPEAL OF THE FUNDAMENTALIST ISLAMISTS. Organized Christianity was morally inferior in many ways to Islam until the Reformation. The task before us today is to bring about an Islamic Reformation by totally defeating the Islamists and their supporters. The way things look today, I am very concerned that we will eventually lose this war and that my Granddaughters or Great Granddaughters will be forced to wear burkas and be denied any real rights or educational opportunities. The cemeteries of this planet are full of people who underestimated the power of Islam.

Adrian of Arabia Twisted Evil

http://pep.typepad.com/public_enquiry_project/2004/10/one_crucial_are_2.html
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Their culture fostered arts and science"

sorry --- but they stopped doing this around 1400

Total number of patents issued to Mulsim countries since registration of patents ----2. That's right 2. -- out of what millions

foster science my a@@.

I do agree --- that until or unless we recognize the nature of this enemy -- well I would suggest your daughters and grandchildren start thinking burqa ---

Why do women have to be covered up in Islamic societies? These "men" are that untrustworthy, that unable to control themselves --- even my dog is house broken and my cat uses a litter box.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday on Neil Cavuto he had two Muslims on discussing the up coming election. One for Bush, one for Kerry. The one for Kerry made it clear he is for Kerry and so is the majority of the American Muslim community. When Cavuto questioned further this man said it was because the Muslims believe Kerry will not support Isreal. When asked who he voted for in 2000, he said Bush because he did not believe at the time he was going to support Isreal. This is more about Isreal and our support of Isreal than any other issue. The second guest on Cavuto, a Muslim woman, said that there should be tolerance of Isreal and the West.

I have lived in the Middle East and I see no tolerance towards the West or Isreal, except in empty speach.

Muslims hate Isreal, because Judism nulifies their false beliefs and they hate the west because Christianity is an extention of Judism.

I would not credit Islam or it's people with anything that would dignify civility. They have topical civility in your face, while they hate you and plan to kill you behind your back.

The only thing American Muslims support is themselves. and their hateful cause to kill the infadel. They claim they came to America for a better life, but in reality it was a plan that began long ago to take over the West and defeat the infadel.

The few Muslims that want peace are victims of their predicessors, and those that truly want tolerance and to co-exist peacefully are threatened and ridiculed. Some have lost their lives.

Islam is a lie and I pitty Muslims on judgement day for the Bible is clear,
"every knee shall bow, and say I am Lord".
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Organized Christianity was morally inferior in many ways to Islam until the Reformation." Yikes, do I sense a tiny bit of anti-catholicism in your worldview. Liberal PC historians have such a monopoly on education and history that the crusades is one of the most misunderstood eras in western history. While both sides engaged in barbaric practices, it was muslim atrocities that were inflicted on christian pilgrims in the middle east that helped inspire the knighly orders of the hospitallers and templars. We could use a modern Saint Bernard of Clairvoux. Outremer was a highly civilized culture in your pre-reformation middle east.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Islam it is not a sin to lie to non-Muslims Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

So much for thou shalt no bear false witness Question
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The religion of peace...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:
The religion of peace...

Yeah.....right.....some peace........
Papa Yolk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When, in the eleventh century, the Moslems wasted the bread belt of Byzantium (Georgia), they depopulated it. Their world view shaped a religion that allowed the slaughter of all and destruction to the point of returning farms to wilderness where they could practice their nomadic husbandry, as in North Africa today: genocide by elimination of agriculture. The golden age of science and math in Islam’s history was via plunder.

Hey, Ishmael

It's only the crush
of Cain's rock, and
nothing new

to turn dust to mud
with the blood of innocents:
blessed of God,
not damned
like you.

---------------------------------------- (c) T A Mazac

Genesis 16:11-12

Ishmael… a wild man; his hand will be against every man,
and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Islamic Law Reply with quote

So Islam does not have an equivalent of the Ten Commandments or the "Golden Rule" of Christianity. I am ignorant of Islam and wonder what kind of moral code does the average muslim rely on in day to day matters. I have heard it said that Islam does regard all regions not under an Islamic ruler as "The land of war" and that accounts for Islams expansion and the fact that Islam has had wars with all different ethnic and religous groups on the borders of Islamic lands throughout history. Even today think about the list: Israel, Kashmir, East Timor, India, Darfur, Nigeria, Bosnia. And this is in recent headlines. You never hear of Christian, Taoist or Buddist fundamentalist terrorists. Islam is the religion of a warrior (Muhammed) and unfortunately it seems to breed a militaristic social structure of leaders and followers all based on violence,fear and a glorification of Jihad and martyrdom.

Of course it is not PC to look at Islam and Muslims in a historical and objective way. In that we are at a disadvantage in that they will use the freedoms we cherish, and our optimistic humanism and do their best to hide, kill and seek a warfare tactical advantage within our own borders as they did on 9/11 and continue to do in Isreal.

I hope that the we can make a secular state out of Iraq. This makes me think that maybe our policy in Iraq maybe down the wrong path and the to face the possibility that we are in the early stages of WW3. Maybe the radicals are right and it is the West against Islam. I hope I am wrong.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to talk about the religion, a friend provided me with this link www.faithfreedom.org
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our world is filled with religions and all have accomplished much good as well as done much bad. However, this forum is here to discuss the unsuitablity of John Kerry to be President. Let's not get sidetracked and lose sight of that goal.

I'm locking this thread and suggest if any wish to argue the merits or shortcomings of any particular religion to do so elsewhere.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: