SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This was a suprise to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: This was a suprise to me. Reply with quote

To hear the Kerry camp talk about it, you would think it is a huge issue and that most people are for it.

http://www.foxnews.com/

Stolen Honor
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhh... don't tell him. If this poll is accurate, he will be digging himself deeper in the hole every time he mentions it. Twisted Evil

http://www.thewebplace.com/
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you spend tax dollars on embryonic stem cell research you are forcing those who believe that life begins at conception to fund murder.

They want to clone fetuses. Essentially create a life and then end it for research.

That is perhaps an over simplification but gets to the basics of the opposition to embryonic stem cell research.

Privately funded embryonic stem cell research can continue paid for by those who have no problem with the practice.

So, why is that a big deal? It takes care of those who have a strong moral conviction against using the fetuses and allows those without the conviction to continue using their own funds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing somewhere that stem cells are also found in human fat. Liposuction anyone. If that is true I don't have a problem with stem cell research. Just don't use the babies.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armybrat/Armymom wrote:
I remember hearing somewhere that stem cells are also found in human fat. Liposuction anyone. If that is true I don't have a problem with stem cell research. Just don't use the babies.

hmmm...Surgeons could get lower insurance rates for donating it.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

openfish24 wrote:

Privately funded embryonic stem cell research can continue paid for by those who have no problem with the practice.

I heard this last night on Britt Hume and couldn't help but wonder:

How much has George Soros donated to the cause of Embryonic Stem Cell Research? Just think if he'd put the money he put into Kerry's election into Embryonic Stem Cell Research?

But even better, how much have John and Tereasa donated to embryonic stem cell research so that their good friend Christopher Reeves could have been cured? Or do they just want MY tax money to pay for that?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embryonic stem cell research happens currently in the private sector. Capitalism being capitalism --- if there were any great cures coming from this type of research you know it would be happening.

The issue of embryonic stem cell research is government funding for the research.

President Bush is the first President to budget/grant federal funding for adult stem cell research --- not Clinton, not Carter, not Reagan, not 41 --- President Bush also authorized the release to research the existing embryonic lines for research ---- not Clinton, not Carter, not Reagan, not 41.

The protest is over the creation of new embryo for research --- in other words --- create life in a test tube and rather than implant into a uterus so a baby comes into the world --- harvest the stem cells from this new life --- thus ending it --- what is next? Growing embryos to create replacement organs --- need a new heart, new kidneys --- hey maybe OBL would like some new kidneys --- just grow the embryo and harvest the kidneys.

Once you start sliding on a slippery slope when where and how can you stop?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: