SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brit Hume objects to running Stolen Honor?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Brit Hume objects to running Stolen Honor? Reply with quote

Brit Hume says that if the left attempted to broadcast something like this, the right would be up in arms........I could not believe my ears!!! I was so incensed I am not even SURE what was said after that, but I believe Fred Barnes agreed with him. Correct me if I am wrong anyone.

This all gets more unbelieveable everyday;/
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Brit? The LEFT *did* broadcast something derogitory to the President. Dan Rather did it. Ran several hours of documentary and opinion based on forged documents.

The RIGHT *did* get upset. And proved that Rather was wrong, the documents were bogus, and the content was not only implausible, but flat out wrong.

The LEFT is cordially invited to fisk Stolen Honor. They can fact check it and see if it is indeed the truth, or whether Medal of Honor recipients and POWs who occuppied the Hanoi Hilton for years on end are liars.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Don't take Brit's objection seriously Reply with quote

Brit probably said it to show the critics on the left, who accuse FOX of bias, that FOX is indeed fair and balanced afterall.

I suspect Brit Hume is delighted to know that Sinclair will go ahead with the airing of this documentary.

It is legitimate news, and it deals factually and truthfully with issues from the Vietnam era.
MACVJOE
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was supprised to hear Britt say that. But good old Charles said he saw nothing wrong with it.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is news now.
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Democrats are even padding online polls about showing Stolen Honor.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/

Link to vote: Tampa TV Poll

They really don't want that shown because it's the truth.

Although it's probably a waste of time, I did go vote that it should be shown.

VS

Last edited by vet_supporter on Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a tough balance, and I understand that some folks at FOXNEWS--even the right-leaning ones--want to play it safely. After all, some one else has already been braved enough to carry the gun--the Sinclair's guy. Foxnews can continue to press on other issues such as Kerry's terror nuisance and Kerry's book "the New Soldier".

Cheers!!!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine. The more news, the more controversy the more people will want to watch Stolen Honor. Sinclair will run the show because they have the intelligence to see it as news and not propoganda. They have interviewed the POWs and agree that they should be heard. This is a First Amendment right if I have ever seen one. They have every right to tell the world what happened to them in the POW camps as a result of John Kerry's 1971 senate testimony. Let the chips fall where they may.

The forged documents that Dan Rather released were not news. They were lies. The 30 minutes devoted to 3 interviews with Kitty Kelley was not news, it was propoganda. The amount of programming dedicated to slamming President Bush this year disguised as news far outweighs the amount of time that Sinclair Broadcasting will spend letting a few2 POWs tell their stories. If John Kerry wants to come on that program and explain what he did the invitation has been issued.

Last edited by Nomorelies on Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit is the one who presents the
questions, and I don't believe that
just because he ASKS a question that
it is his opinion. The other folks then
answer, and Charles supported it for
obvious reasons. Mort seemed to
agree with the idea that to run it
without rebuttal would mean it was
propaganda, but I think the consensus
was that in the rebutal format it is
above reproach.

Very shrewed thinking by Sinclair
actually. They will invite Kerry to
rebut the documentary, but undoubtedly
he won't show, nor will any of his team.
Then the documentary will run anyway. Wink

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry had the national media attention in 1971............it's our time for a rebuttal, thirty-three years late.
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the name of the show Stolen Honor?
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post I read earlier on their website said they were still putting together the format for the hour long show. It is not clear at this point how much time will be devoted to airing the documentary and whether they will have pundits or town hall meeting style responses.

If it is being shown as a news show I would expect they will have responses from Kerry or those who support him.

Tough thing for Kerry is no matter what the response the truth will hurt him.

He can run, but he can't hide. Wink
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Brit, I see the point about him being the one to ask the question, but his tone left something to be desired. Maybe I am just getting touchy/gunshy/suspicious etc.

The amount of Stolen Honor that will actually be aired could be reduced to a couple of clips if Kerry or someone he provides agrees to be part of the broadcast for a significant amount of time. More suspicion by me...once burned.....it is hard to trust any of these guys;/
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: stolen honor Reply with quote

I wish there was something else we cpould do I am starting to panic,kerrys numbers are going up and if they succeed in stopping sinclair from showing stolen honor, god help us, after clacton threatened the guy from sinclaair on linda vester show, is a small indication of how far they will go, what can we do, all veterans should get behind the swifties, on this one, or we are all going to rue the day if he gets in
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to believe that there are as many people as there are that support Kerry. I keep asking myself why.......why why why.....I do not get it. Bush should be winning this by a larger landslide than there has ever been in this Country. I feel like I am on an alien planet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: