SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New ad that challenges the medias' reporting on the sbvt?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IamHG
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: New ad that challenges the medias' reporting on the sbvt? Reply with quote

I want to make a suggestion for a new angle to stir intrest in the SBVT ads.

I feel that the TV spots are losing their effectivness due to the fact that the MSM has repeatedly told their audiences that the SBVT charges have been "debunked, discredited, refuted," you take your pick. Without ever being specific. They never mention the SBVT without throwing in some vague reference to some so-called discreditation. And beyond that, there is also a natural desensatizing that takes place in the public arena that makes campaigns like yours less and less effective as time goes by simply because of the loss of shock value.

So here is my idea. A different kind of ad that takes to task the liberal biased media and their claims that the charges have been proven wrong. A commercial that takes direct aim at "Kerry surrogates" in the liberal media that have falsely claimed that the SBVT ads are false. They are quite vulnerable on so many things.. focus on the release form that they have refused to pressure him to sign, I think that there could be some intrigue generated when people realise that there are some doccuments that are being specificly withheld by the Kerry campaign.. how can you put these charges to rest while refusing to relase doccuments?

This would do several things.

First and foremost it would get the attention of the media. They would be forced to respond with a mixture of attacks on the SBVT and defense of Kerry. I truely feel that this would actually help your (our) cause because you would be exploiting the credibility gap brought on by the now infamous CBS debacle. Americans do not now believe the media is providing fair coverage in this election cycle, and I suspect they would show their true colors if they are called on it directly.

Also, an ad like that would very likely stir a fresh debate of the specifics of the SBVT charges. Even if the media are attacking, if they are forced to do it with specificity, then you guys win. They only win when they can dismiss the charges out of hand. I think that in the current "post Dan Rather" atmosphere, they would be too sensative to not respond. I would advise sticking a few of the most glaring and obvious charges.

1) christmass in cambobia.
2) the first purple heart.
3) the paris trip.
4) the POW angle.

You could end with a compelling argument that encourages people to READ the book Unfit For Command, and decide for themselves!

Remind viewers of the most powerful fact that over 60 decorated VietNam Vets have signed affidavits, swearing under oath that their EYE WITNESS accounts are true. And that they have not hidden behind annonimity, but rather laid their personal names and reputations on the line in the defense of the country... once again.

Hang the liberal media around Kerrys neck! Watch them come to his, and their own defense, and by doing so they will be like an anchor around his neck that will hold him to 42%.

That is my suggestion, please forgive the spelling.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe using Kerry's own words, and pictures and the POW's words and their families voices are very powerful to those watching. It shows Kerry being Kerry. No one can say it is a lie or just propaganda when it features him. Rhetoric is ignored by the voters at this point; just plain sick of it.

The last few weeks should focus on specific evidence, if you would, of who he is and what he has done. This is his resume. He can't refute his own words and pictures; he is revealed to be unreliable and untrustworthy when he tries to explain it away. The Progress for America ad is great! It demonstrates his record in the senate. His senate record needs to be out there 24/7. Paired with the SBVT ads, one can see his lifelong mission to vote against funding for intelligence or military or police etc. and is counter to anyone who tries to say he would be tough on terrorism. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Attacking Kerry Surrogates in the Media Reply with quote

IAHuge has a good point. Kerry's words and paper trail are excellent items to hang him with and they are unassailable, but before the CBS debacle most of us were aware of the medias left leaning bias and ignoring the SVFT and dismissing their claims were big issues that need addressing.

The blogers and talk radio rightfully has taken power as the new media influences but the old medias bias should be assailed and assailed hard.

This is an issue that needs to be pounded and if we force the media to acknowledge their bias and give SBVT's a fair hearing it will help the main objective which is to bring down the campaign of John Kerry for President of the United States.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a good idea also. you know 'What the media isn't telling Amreica...' and 'if the sbvt was untrue, why isn't kerry himself addressing it?

Fox just had a piece on Kerry's interview with Sawyer this a.m. - regarding his comment about voting for 87 b before he voted against it (I think that was it) and his response was that it was one of those speeches late in the day and he was tired and 'misspoke'.... ha! Fox says only problem with that excuse is - the speech was earlier in the day, like 1:30 in the afternoon!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
subsailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: A compelling message can be found in this situation. Reply with quote

Idea Please keep this serial brainstorm alive Idea

Thanks, IamHG, for identifying this opportunity. As soon as I read these posts my intuition shouted, "there is something huge in here." I can't make my own expression now, but it is something around, "Why do both Kerry and the MSM avoid confronting the actual assertions of the Swift Vets?" "What does the claim of "discredited" (in the absence of any discrediting) tell us?" Please keep giving ideas here. This will really worry the Kerry snoops who are following this site! Very Happy
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my 10-second ad idea:
Woman looking into the camera says:
"I've heard that the SwiftVet allegations have been discredited."

Looks away, rests chin on hand thoughtfully.
"I just can't remember which claims were discredited....or when....or by whom...."
85 Scott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]So here is my idea. A different kind of ad that takes to task the liberal biased media and their claims that the charges have been proven wrong. A commercial that takes direct aim at "Kerry surrogates" in the liberal media that have falsely claimed that the SBVT ads are false./quote]

.....I've always liked that strategy. Attack the liberal media. In this case it keeps the issue alive and also inserts doubts in the public's mind over their integrity. Remind the public of Rathergate, Jayson Blair, and the BBC corruptions.

At worst the liberal media "straighten up" and stop lying. But more than likely they'll go into spin mode and start smearing the Swifties again, which keeps the Benedict Arnold Kerry issues alive.

The other thing is the Swiftboats have to bring out new charges. And they have to be dramatic. To me, that means exposing Kerry's 33 years of changing cover-ups on his role in the assassination plot, and SHOWING in a TV ad Kerry's anti-American book cover mocking America's victory at Iwo Jima.

How could anyone expect to win a war on terrorism with an idiot that had no respect for America's wins during WW2?
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we slam the MSM, who will run the ad?
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
ISHMAEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: New ad that challenges the medias' reporting on the sbvt Reply with quote

IamHG wrote:
I want to make a suggestion for a new angle to stir intrest in the SBVT ads.

I feel that the TV spots are losing their effectivness due to the fact that the MSM has repeatedly told their audiences that the SBVT charges have been "debunked, discredited, refuted," you take your pick.

THE THIRD CANDIDATE
===============

The truth is that there is a third candiadate in this election -- and I do not mean Nader!

The Swifties are the third candidate in the 2004 presidential election --- though they seek no office. As such, it isn't enough for you to slam your opponent. You must also explain to the american people why they should trust you and your claims and distrust his denials.

The first ad was so effective because those who appeared in it seemed utterly believable! But the MSM and Kerry have largely parried this credability advantage.

The Swifties now need a POSITIVE AD. An advertisment that says, THIS IS WHO WE ARE and THIS IS WHY WE KNOW JOHN KERRY.

Show pictures of you with your families -- kids and grandkids. Show pictures of yourselves as young men in Vietnam. Explain how closely you worked with Kerry in Vietnam!

This is the last ad you shuld run in the campaign. It will make a great book end to the entire effort if you use it to sum up your objections to John Kerry in a single closing sentence:

"We know he exagerated his actions in Vietnam and lied about us when he called us war criminals. John Kerry -- you are unfit for command."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: