SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tonight's Debate
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Tonight's Debate Reply with quote

TONIGHT'S DEBATE

Until tomorrow, I'll just limit my remarks to this.

Do not ... I repeat DO NOT engage in a drinking game where you take a shot of hooch every time John Kerry says "middle class" or "I have a plan." You don't want to risk alcohol poisoning.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, if you plan to take a drink every time Kerry says, "I regret.." you're not going to have any fun at all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowy wrote:
On the other hand, if you plan to take a drink every time Kerry says, "I regret.." you're not going to have any fun at all.

bahahahaahaaa
classic!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Tonight's Debate Reply with quote

powsnmias wrote:
TONIGHT'S DEBATE

Do not ... I repeat DO NOT engage in a drinking game where you take a shot of hooch every time John Kerry says "middle class" or "I have a plan." You don't want to risk alcohol poisoning.

No kidding,
Either that or you'll be wearing a lamp shade on your head while moon walking around your living room! Wink
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't cut yourself every time Kerry bashes Bush instead of answering a direct question. EGAD - death by a thousand cuts.

Is it just me or does Kerry look and sound like Mr. Ed? I keep expecting him to say "WEEEEELLLLLL Wilbur". Wink
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Spin Those Polls Reply with quote

How to spin the polls.

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

I just wrote a letter to CBS News telling them that I thought Kerry won the third debate and they should take this very seriously since I have voted Republican all my life.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12734

Debatathon II

Time to get your pledges in!

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the debate went great tonight. Both candidates did a good job, although I certainly felt Pres Bush had a few homers. One was the 1991 anti war vote for the Gulf War, one was about Bush saying it was our money to spend, and the final one was Bush's final 2 minute closing remarks, absolutely touching. Bush wins overall!
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Tonight's Debate Reply with quote

powsnmias wrote:
TONIGHT'S DEBATE

That'd be alot of hooch!
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush killed him. Kerry made 2 statements that are going to kill him. His statement about Cheney's daughter and at the end when he joked about marrying up and then barely mentioned his family.
armybrat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buffman wrote:
I thought the debate went great tonight. Both candidates did a good job, although I certainly felt Pres Bush had a few homers. One was the 1991 anti war vote for the Gulf War, one was about Bush saying it was our money to spend, and the final one was Bush's final 2 minute closing remarks, absolutely touching. Bush wins overall!

Kerry did a good job of showing how ful of $h!t he is.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he wouldn't do it because the press and the liberals would have jumped all over him and cried "foul", but I wish when Kerry was trying to remind everyone that he went to Vietnam and was "experienced" in waging war or whatever weasel way he phrased it Bush would have said, "Yeah, you proved you could be a hero to the Communists and to America. You have the medals to prove you are a hero to our side, and your photo hangs in a place of honor in Communist Vietnam as a hero to them. You proved you could bug out of Vietnam, and you want to bug out of this one. Yeah, you proved exactly what sort of Commander in Chief you would be."
Zac's Mom
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: perhaps the strangest and most telling remark... Reply with quote

perhaps the strangest and most telling remark I've heard Kerry utter to date is the one he made this evening in response to this, Schieffer's final question: 

"We've come, gentlemen, to our last question. And it occurred to me as I came to this debate tonight that the three of us share something. All three of us are surrounded by very strong women. We're all married to strong women. Each of us have two daughters that make us very proud.

I'd like to ask each of you, what is the most important thing you've learned from these strong women?"

After Kerry delighted himself with his off handed remarks about "marrying up" he went on to say:

"Can I say, if I could just say a word about a woman that you didn't ask about, but my mom passed away a couple years ago, just before I was deciding to run. And she was in the hospital, and I went in to talk to her and tell her what I was thinking of doing.

And she looked at me from her hospital bed and she just looked at me and she said, "Remember: integrity, integrity, integrity." Those are the three words that she left me with."

My own mother past last year and I was struck with the thought of what her response to me would have been had I told her I was going to run for president.

She might have smiled and told me she thought I'd make a wonderful president..........she might have frowned in concerned that I was about to undertake a very difficult struggle to win a very difficult job...... she might have just chuckled and said she'd hope she'd be around to vote for me.

I can think of any number of things that she might have said but none of them would have anything to do with cautioning me about a possibly fatal character flaw.

The dying mother who, upon hearing her child's intention to run for President of the United States, responds with "Remember: integrity, integrity, integrity." must have a genuine reason to believe she needed to emphatically reiterate to her child, one last time, this very important virtue.

[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: