SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lipscomb's Article

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Lipscomb's Article Reply with quote

This whole O'Reilly lawsuit is overshadowing the Thomas Lipscomb article in the NYSun......

Or am I just being impatient?

Note: We all are...give it some time...it's growing. Topic modified
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ran through a bunch of conservative blogs and every one so far has the story.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to make it easy
link http://www.nysun.com/article/3107
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will take a little time to get around just as Blathergate did.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: "Both sides now" Reply with quote

This is even harder, as you read, both Republicans and Democrats

are "in the aritcle" , so the American people will have to do

most of the lifting here, along with the "blogs" .

Key will be the "board of directors" at GE , do they want their

"Brand Name " GE BRINGS GOOD THINGS TO LIGHT " to be

darkened by Russert, Broken Jaw, etal.

developing
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fanningp wrote:
This whole O'Reilly lawsuit...

I've been out of touch for a few days and must have missed the lawsuit. What's that all about?
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say that I had to read this latest Lipcomb piece twice to fully understand it. Most of the public won't bother to do that. It's heavy on details, which is nice in a way, but it doesn't have a section that distills the information for people.

I wish somebody had pointed out that Title 10 US Code Section 1162 on that discharge paper in one of the earlier threads on the subject, or had pointed out to me the significance of "involuntary separation". I showed Kerry's discharge document to my hubby at lunch, and he latched onto that involuntary sparation part. I had overlooked it because, for all I knew, some people were just dropped from the Standby Reserve because the Navy didn't need them anymore.

I ran a Google search on Title 10 USC Section 1162, and I can't find the actual text or much good info to go along with Lipscomb's piece. I'd like to have a bit more to share with some of my Kerry backing friends, so they can't dismiss the Lipscomb article. Anybody have any more?
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
fanningp wrote:
This whole O'Reilly lawsuit...

I've been out of touch for a few days and must have missed the lawsuit. What's that all about?

Here is the story even tho it is off topic......
Quote:

O'Reilly Sues Manhattan Attorney, His Law Firm and Employee in Extortion Scheme
Wednesday October 13, 12:54 pm ET

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 13, 2004--Bill O'Reilly, host of the FOX News Channel's The O'Reilly Factor, filed suit today in Nassau County Supreme Court against a Manhattan attorney, his law firm, Morelli & Associates, and a FOX News employee for attempting to extort $60 million dollars from Mr. O'Reilly.

Benedict P. Morelli, a Manhattan attorney, and the FOX News employee, threatened to sue Mr. O'Reilly and FOX News claiming Mr. O'Reilly allegedly engaged in offensive conversations with the employee. The employee worked for Mr. O'Reilly for four years before moving to Cable News Network (CNN) earlier this year. After just five months at CNN, the employee asked Mr. O'Reilly to return to Fox News, and did so in July of this year.

The complaint filed by Mr. O'Reilly alleges that Mr. Morelli and the employee engaged in an extortion attempt by threatening to file a well-publicized lawsuit and demanding an exorbitant financial settlement for hush money. The complaint describes Mr. Morelli's demand that Mr. O'Reilly pay the pair "nothing less than $60 million." In addition, Mr. Morelli claimed he "wanted to punish not only O'Reilly, but FOX News."

Mr. O'Reilly said, "As a public figure, I have received many threats. But enough is enough...the threats stop now. I will not give in to extortion." While Mr. O'Reilly is seeking unspecified damages, he stated that he would donate "one hundred percent" of the monetary damages to charity.

In addition to the extortion lawsuit, Mr. O'Reilly has also sued Mr. Morelli, his law firm, and the employee for intentional infliction of emotional distress and wrongful interference with contractual relations, alleging that their accusations threatened to impair his reputation and standing with his employers and the public.

The Fox employee is a associate producer of his program "The Factor".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmyWife wrote:
I'm sorry to say that I had to read this latest Lipcomb piece twice to fully understand it. Most of the public won't bother to do that. It's heavy on details, which is nice in a way, but it doesn't have a section that distills the information for people. <snip> Anybody have any more?

Beldar's got a really good explanation of the details on his blog:
http://beldar.blogs.com/beldarblog/2004/10/was_kerrys_orig.html

Hope that helps - bless you, Beldar!
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Navy3 and Beldar!

I have to eat crow for about 10 posts in these forums, urging caution on the subject of Kerry's discharge. I thought Nash was mistaken in his letter that's been circulating the internet. Now, I realize that I have looked at that same discharge document a dozen times, myself, and missed the bleeding obvious because I was more concerned with the dates than the rest of the text.

Every time I show skepticism or urge caution on this website, I am proven wrong. My usefulness has ended...I'm throwing in the towel. I'm ready to believe anything now, no matter how far-fetched. If you guys say that evil monkeys fly out of John Kerry's butt, and NavyChief so much as hints that it may be true, then I'M READY TO BELIEVE!!

Regards,

ArmyWife
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: