SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Liberals represent the worst part of American society.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrian Spidle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Liberals represent the worst part of American society. Reply with quote

Why do Liberals despise middle class white guys so? The other night we filled my Masonic lodge with brothers, families, and friends at our season ending Lobster and Steak dinner. These wonderful guys were celebrating a year of good works, fellowship, charity and service. Mark Tabbert, one of my favorite Masons and the curator at the Museum of American Heritage in Lexington was holding forth on the complete lack of interest in American fraternal organizations on the part of academic historians given that the founding fathers were heavily weighted with Masons and the whole American government they created was permiated with Masonic philosophy.

You can never really hope to understand the history of the American people without studying the impact of such groups as the Masons, Elks, Eagles, Odd Fellows, American Legion, and the VFW.

"They just don't like middle class white guys and have no interest whatsoever in whatever they do." he said sadly.

Isn't that just like those blinkered mono-thinking idiots, I thought. I'm afraid our whole educated population is retarded when it comes to knowledge of American history and the American people. It's the middle class white guys who marry and care for their families, bring up our next generation of well adjusted citizens, start or manage businesses, coach community teams, march in parades, and just make what's so wonderful about America.

How come our highly schooled elites have such contempt for the most successful of our citizens who are so directly responsible for building the greates nation ever?

Now we do have people of color and a diversity of religions in my lodge, but our culture is a direct descendent of the Persian, Judeo, Christian white guy tradition.

Adrian Twisted Evil

http://pep.typepad.com/public_enquiry_project/2004/10/liberals_repres.html
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: American Values Reply with quote

Your position is a valid one. I agree that the white middle class is the backbone of what makes America the great country we are. I agree that the colleges and media are permeated with a liberal bias. I am glad you acknowledge the contributions of non white Americans to your group. I am not of the white middle class but I was raised with the values and hold them dear as I am sure most of our generation does as well. The talk of white and non-white makes me uncomfortable, like of not ever being a welcomed member of a team that I wanted to join.

Rather than focus on what differentiates us between white and non whites why not focus on the traditional American values we have in common as solid middle class Americans. White frustration has been festering for some time and with the bloggers and new media I am sure it will recieve its due share. In the meantime I have seen many many young white boys who are alienated, frustrated attracted by the skinhead/white supremist mindset. I do not think it is good to add fuel to the fire. We have had a long history of hatred between groups and it is better to sow tolerance than division. I am absolutley certain there is a growing movement of conservatism amonst every ethnic group and it should be encouraged rather than sow seeds of antipathy and drive different races to the democratic camp.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a different take --- most of those guys you mentioned also engage in another activity -- they attend church/temple regularly.

I believe the distinction between the love and respect the United States crowd versus the hate America first crowd arises from the acknowledgment of the blessing from God that we live in the United States.

There is a mindset that does not want to acknowledge this blessing --- what better way to accomplish this than denegrate the blessing in the first place ---

What thanks would we then owe God if we trash the blessing in the first place?

Most liberals I meet are not religious --- those that claim to be spiritual are usually involved in metaphysical "religion" or some "inner God" within me belief --- no thanks to an external --- higher being. I think the spirit still knows what the flesh denies --- to live life in the United States is a blessing from God.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed both your posts, aint if funny how divisions disappear when everyone is on the same page? I have friends from many places and its funny how much the same we are. Now you have the dividers,extortionists,race baiters,discontents.
The United Nations and the ALCU are no friends of mine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: