SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wow! My head is spinning these days

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Wow! My head is spinning these days Reply with quote

There is so much going on in the old media and new media with Kerry and the election that I cannot keep up with it all.

It seems like maxium pressure is being applied to the Kerry dike system and we are about to see it go into overdrive. His campaign cannot hope to hold it all back with all that is going on and them saying the same tired lines over and over.

My fingers are crossed!

Last edited by SangRun Hunter on Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great image ----

I can see the water pressure building, little fissures appearing --- the barking moonbats are filling sandbags fast and furious --- but the rain keeps falling and the weatherman is in a slicker and galoshes ---

I say take to higher ground and watch the awesome power of God!!!!
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
Great image ----

I can see the water pressure building, little fissures appearing --- the barking moonbats are filling sandbags fast and furious --- but the rain keeps falling and the weatherman is in a slicker and galoshes ---

I say take to higher ground and watch the awesome power of God!!!!

We need to work as though everything depends on us and pray as if everything depends on God.

Having said that; the reason I remain optimistic is because of my faith in God's power to direct human history. When Moses and his rag tag band of escapees were cornered by Pharoh this is the reassurance they got: ""Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will work for you today; for the enemies whom you see today, you shall never see again." Ex 14:13

The only reason I can think of that God would introduce Kerry to history is if he was finally tired of it it all and want to get rid of all of us.

Sam
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle the Hun,

In this time I have been thinking along similar lines since Kerry was the scurge of the Vietnam vets as well as decent patirotic Americans he was put in this election for one purpose.

To make a choice and we need to make the correct one. In a Kharmic sense Americans have enjyoed life and at times we have been a little too promiscous even for some who are not bible thumper types.

Kerry could and probably will hurt this country so bad internally if he gets elected. It's our time to fess up to our sins so to speak and take the country back to a more family friendly and responsible society. It's our warning and last chance to make a decent choice for our future.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun Hunter wrote:

Kerry could and probably will hurt this country so bad internally if he gets elected. It's our time to fess up to our sins so to speak and take the country back to a more family friendly and responsible society. It's our warning and last chance to make a decent choice for our future.

This is my take on it. I had a spiritual reawakening after 9/11. I think America received a wake up call. Do we want to renew God's protection over our country or try to make a go of it without God?

If we fail to wake up ---- what's coming could hardly be called a nuisance.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
SangRun Hunter wrote:

This is my take on it. I had a spiritual reawakening after 9/11. I think America received a wake up call. Do we want to renew God's protection over our country or try to make a go of it without God?

At the risk of being a thumper I will boldly post a second scripture. This was the scripture that was used as the call to worship scripture for the first National Day of Prayer after 9/11.

Second Chronicals 7:14 "If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Sam
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's our time to fess up to our sins so to speak and take the country back to a more family friendly and responsible society. It's our warning and last chance to make a decent choice for our future.

To Sangrun Hunter:
From the Prophet Gibran,
"Speak to us of Reason and Passion.
And, he answered, saying,
Your soul is oftentimes a battlefield, upon which your reason and your judgment wage a war against your passion and your appetitie.
Would that I could be the peacemaker in your soul, that I might turn the discord and the rivalry of your elements into oneness and melody.
But, how shall I, unless you yourselves be also the peacemakers,nay the lovers of all elements?
Your reason and your passion are the rudder and the sails of your seafaring soul.
If either your sail or your rudder be broken, you can toss and drift, or else be held at a standstill in mid-seas.
For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining; passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destructioin.
Therefore let your soul exalt your reason to the height of passion, that it may sing;
And let it direct your passion with reason, that your passion may live through its own daily resurrection, and like the phoenix rise above its own ashes."

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthserum,

I really like that!
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured you would, Sangrun Hunter.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle The Hun wrote:
jataylor11 wrote:
SangRun Hunter wrote:

Amen!

At the risk of being a thumper I will boldly post a second scripture. This was the scripture that was used as the call to worship scripture for the first National Day of Prayer after 9/11.

Second Chronicals 7:14 "If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Sam

I'm an unabashed Bible Thumper lol. "If God stands with me, who may stand against me?" Lord, stand with President Bush today and every day. Amen and Halleluia!
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen. May God bless President Bush, our fierce and patriotic defender of America.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

happyday wrote:
Aristotle The Hun wrote:
jataylor11 wrote:
SangRun Hunter wrote:

Amen!

Sam

I'm an unabashed Bible Thumper lol. "If God stands with me, who may stand against me?" Lord, stand with President Bush today and every day. Amen and Halleluia!

Well Said!!!!!

As for Mr. Kerry:

"...when statesmen forsake their own private conscience for the sake of their public duties, they lead their country by a short route to chaos."
- St. Thomas More

Pray for a Bush Victory!!

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sangrunhunter

It's our time to fess up to our sins so to speak and take the country back to a more family friendly and responsible society. It's our warning and last chance to make a decent choice for our future.

Don't you think that we began down this slippery slope when what's her name? sued to take prayer out of school?

Then the cry "separation of church & state" began to be used as rhetoric until it became slipped into {for lack of a better phrase} the Constitution until it morphed into a "rallying cry" for the left. Now that phrase is used for an excuse for every piece of legislation and lawsuit they can come up with.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Fox and Friends this morning said that it is fair game to laber Dick Cheneys daughter a lesbian but in the very next segment said that it wass inappropriate to label John Kerry a liberal. I see the confusion.
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sang,

I'm not so much worried about Kerry hurting this country internally ... we survived Clinton and Carter.

What scares the pisstola outta me is that he'll DECIMATE this country internationally, like he did before ... and there is a huge group of radical Islamics who devote every waking moment to figuring out how to kill Americans.

This is NOT the point in history to tolerate John Effing Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: