SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ELIZABETH EDWARDS ACCUSES LYNNE CHENEY OF "SHAME"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: ELIZABETH EDWARDS ACCUSES LYNNE CHENEY OF "SHAME" Reply with quote

Quote:
ELIZABETH EDWARDS ACCUSES LYNNE CHENEY OF "SHAME" OF HER DAUGHTER, QUESTIONS HER CRITICISM OF KERRY'S MARY CHENEY REFERENCE

ELIZABETH EDWARDS ON ABC RADIO: "She's overreacted to this and treated it as if it's shameful to have this discussion. I think that's a very sad state of affairs… I think that it indicates a certain degree of shame with respect to her daughter's sexual preferences… It makes me really sad that that's Lynne's response."

LYNNE CHENEY AT POST-DEBATE RALLY: "The only thing I could conclude is that this is not a good man. This is not a good man. And, of course, I'm speaking as a mom. And a pretty indignant one. This is not a good man. What a cheap and tawdry political trick."

DICK CHENEY TO NBC AFFILIATE WHO: "I would have said Sen. Kerry was out of line to bring my daughter into it. I thought it was totally inappropriate."

WHAT KERRY SAID: "And I think if you were to talk to Dick Cheney's daughter, who is a lesbian, she would tell you that she's being who she was, she's being who she was born as."

KERRY CAMPAIGN: Senior Kerry aide acknowledges "it was not his best moment," but calls charges that it was inappropriate "ridiculous… The woman is in her thirties. She's public about her sexuality. It was brought up in the last debate. So, what the hell?"

SOTG
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well shame is a good word for making a living as an ambulance chaser! I am glad that Bush and Cheney have way too much class than to mention their dead son and how all that pain guilt and jealousy probably caused them to say such things, but at this point I am ready for the gloves to come off.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's removed all doubt about how low he"ll go. I really liked it when he quotes the Bible, what a weasel!
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are to believe that the Vice President's daughter is the only gay person that both Edwards and Kerry happen to know?? Pretty obvious to me that the use of her name was designed to hurt the Bush campaign, and certainly was not used because it would be especially helpful to the cause of gay rights.

In my opinion, Lynne Cheney has every right to respond to Kerry's comment...Elizabeth Edwards on the other hand should have just kept her mouth shut!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adage -- when you find yourself in a hole --- stop digging

obviously is not part of Mrs. Edwards knowledge base.

(Oh, it was raised in the VP debate by Edwards -- not Vice President Cheney)
Papa Yolk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" ...It was brought up in the last debate. So, what the hell?"

Yes, but it was brought up by "Dumber" of the ticket Dumb&Dumber.
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papa Yolk- Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Elmer Gantry I Say.."When I Was A Child.,...." Reply with quote

Blue9t3!!!
You have reminded me of one of the most indelible
characters ever created on film!!

Remember Elmer Gantry???
I can still see the big toothy grin on Burt Lancaster's face
when he quoted "When I was a child, I spake as a child
but when I became a man I put away childish things" (paraphrased)

Kinda like Kerry the lizard.
When he is on a green rock he is green, on a brown rock, brown
and so on....
The only thing that sunburns on Kerry in the sun is his TONGUE!!

He is so in love with himself if his mom were still alive I would
send him a mirror for his birthday and her a congratulations card.

Meow Meow
While I am at it...Sure Teresa looks like a million...every year of it!!

I feel better now.

Make it fun day.
Mary Ann Parker
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was SLIMEY when John Edwards brought it up
in the Vice President debate.

I thought it was DOUBLE SLIMEY when John Kerry brought it
up again last night, indicating that he knew what Mary Cheney would say.

I think it is TRIPLE SLIMEY when Elizabeth Edwards criticizes Lyn Cheney
for her reaction.

The whole Kerry Campaign is SO SLIMEY they need a good HOSING!!!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth Edwards doesn't get it.

Her husband and John Kerry were using Mary Cheney as a political tool. It was worse than tasteless. Both democratic candidates are blinded by their naked ambition and fail to see how such remarks fly into the faces of Americans who value "fair play."

Those liberals who think it is appropriate are so out of the mainstream that we may as well be talking to bowling balls. I think they have damaged themselves. The single remark by John Kerry has defined his entire performance for the debate. It was so blatant that moderate, mainstream viewers will only remember that single remark.
next generation
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ELIZABETH EDWARDS ACCUSES LYNNE CHENEY OF "SHAME&qu Reply with quote

"It was brought up in the last debate. So, what the hell?"

It was brought up by John Edwards, not Dick Cheney!! Cheney actually gave up his 90 second response to that question, rather than dignify Edwards' sleazy attack by responding to it! IMO, Cheney probably felt he needed the 90 seconds to count to about 1000, rather than saying on national TV what he probably would have liked to.

And now for Elizabeth Edwards to imply that Lynne Cheney is ashamed of her daughter? The staggering new lows reached by the Kerry/Edwards campaign on a daily basis defy rational explanation (unless of course you subscribe to the Clinton conspiracy theory Smile ).
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if the personal lives of ADULT children of candidates is "fair game" as Mary Beth Cahill defensively, offensively, and ignorantly stated after the debate last night--then is the personal appearance and eating habits of the wives of candidates also "fair game"?

WHAT NEXT?!

How about, since Mr. Kerry, in last night's debate, said that Pres. Bush had "checked out on the issue of the wellness of America" if Mr. Bush had replied with something like, "Well, with regard to wellness: we all know that being overweight is not conducive to wellness, and Mr. Edward's wife is dangerously overweight. I mean, she is a porker, really. So I think that it is hypocritical for you to criticize my health care plan and concern for American's wellness when your running mate seems to be unable to control his own wife's overeating."

Kerry proved what a small-minded bigot he is last night. A vain, petty, and ridiculous peasant, attempting to bring down a giant. Trying to cause "rural America" or "fundamentalists" to not vote for Bush because Cheney's grown daughter is gay is the act of a COWARD.

But gee whiz! What group of people have been telling America exactly that, hmmm?

Thanks, Swifties. You rock.

Last edited by Kimmymac on Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was and still am appalled. I honestly had nothing against Mrs. Edwards, she kept her mouth pretty quiet..until now, now she has decided to take a page out of the Terezzzzza school of politicking...shame..shame..

Children, including the Kerry kids, need to be kept out of it, UNLESS ,they themselves, bring it on..Mary did not..God bless her parents for standing by her side. No matter what age..my mom would be blasting any fool who came against me..even if she did not agree with my decision..That is love..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Mrs. Edwards would understand Mrs. Cheney's point of view a bit better if the Bush campaign chose to use her as a springboard for a discussion of America's obesity problem. (as a relatively "big boned" guy, I can point fingers!)

She has been hanging around with her husband too much, sleeping with pigs and all that.
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was appalled when Edwards brought up the daughter issue at the first debate and was further appalled at JFnK. But, could be that Mrs. E was following the game plan. Seems like the two Johns have been laying the groundwork--killing the two birds--1)outing the young woman to the religious right and 2)insinuating to the other side that the family is "ashamed" of the daughter.

That's the way it appears to me--one of the unlearned and unwashed masses in America.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: