SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Those Post-Debate Snap Polls: Revisit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Those Post-Debate Snap Polls: Revisit Reply with quote

I've some serious questions here. Thank God the debates are finally over, and those ridiculous post-debate snap polls have been ended. We all saw the evidence of what the Democratic computer geeks intended to do with the call-in poll numbers, and we saw the obvious results. My questions:

1) Has anyone heard anything in the MSM (TV, newspaper, newsmagazine) talk about the poll-stuffing activities we observed? If so, who?

2) Has anyone heard anyone in the MSM question the post-debate polling results in a serious way (a rolling of the eyes by some Fox employee doesn't count)? If so, who?

3) I have heard a couple of instances where it was suggested the post-debate polls were based on actual "active" polls (where the poller calls someone for an opinion), as opposed to "passive" polls (people call in to give their opinion). Does anyone know which method is actually used?

4) Has anyone heard any discussion anywhere on the methodology used for these post-debate "snap" polls? Is there some article or documentation on the web that describes the polling methods used, and the credibility expected?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I've heard concerning this ridiculous polling is left wingers eleated that their boy is so popular. Confused

We'll see how popular he is come November 3 when the only poll that matters comes out Laughing Wink
blackwatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so tired of listening to all the major networks reporting that Kerry won the debates overwhelmingly. No wonder we no longer take any notice of them. Tonight I heard two more polls I think one was ABC state that Kerry won the last debate and CNN also did the same thing. Why does no one mention that these polls are probably not a true picture and explain the Democratic emails etc. to stack these polls unfairly. But no one does.
jerake
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Kerry Spot on NRO:

"Also, Kerry Spot readers in the New York area ought to pick up the New York Sun tomorrow and check the op-ed page. One of your favorite writers is analyzing why Bush’s chances are better than the polls might have you believe."

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

I don't have much faith in the polls, but this kinda piqued my interest...
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Those Post-Debate Snap Polls: Revisit Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:

3) I have heard a couple of instances where it was suggested the post-debate polls were based on actual "active" polls (where the poller calls someone for an opinion), as opposed to "passive" polls (people call in to give their opinion). Does anyone know which method is actually used?

I did hear that when they are doing live polling after the debates, they obviously are only calling the western part of the country because the debates end too late to call the central, eastern and southeastern part of the country. Even if they go into the next day and are reported on the news the next night, they are calling people who are home during the day....... part of the reasons the results improve with time.

I know a two years ago when the polls were SO wrong here in Georgia, one thing they mentioned is the impact of Caller ID. The wealthier you are, the more likely you are to have Caller ID. Polls show "Out of Area", "Private", "Unknown Caller" or an out of town number, these are the calls most people with caller ID ignore (of course even back before caller ID, I never knew anyone who was ever polled.) Even today, the wealthier you are, the more likely you are to have a hard phone line, so many people today are going to cell only which I don't believe are polled.
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought:

I don't believe the polls at all. I don't believe for a moment that 45% of Americans are voting for Kerry. I personally think Kerry would be lucky to get 30%. More on this in another post I am working on, but lets all look at the bright side:

With the "polls" showing that the race is so tight, this should energize Bush's base and supporters and get them out to VOTE!

If the "polls" showed Bush up by 10% and the Bushies get confident and comfortable, believing their vote won't matter, cuz "Bush is up so much," they decide not to vote because their vote won't matter, they don't vote, and well perish the thought. . . Crying or Very sad

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! No matter what the "polls" show!

A few of my "polls" to consider:

1. Look at Rush Limbaughs popularity, while the other side can't get a radio host to come even close to his stature. Look at talk radio in general, most successful radio broadcasters that have any measure of success are conservative in nature.

2. Look at the decline of viewership of ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN. Alertnatively, look at FOX's rise. (I have a few problems with FOX, but it is by far better than the others.)

3. Look at the turnout of Ronald Reagan's services. I heard several "journalists" state that they were only going to run Reagan pieces for 1 day. . .remember the news channels had to run the entire week of Reagan's services and stories because the public demanded it.

4. We got the so called "Reagan's" movie pulled from CBS. Remember? We did that through direct pressure to CBS, while Stolen Honor will air, despite the oppositions bellyaching.

Anyone else have their "polls" to share? Idea
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest that everyone take a vacation day on Nov. 2 and call/drive/baby-sit/ run errands/ help anyone you can(okay -- just the anti-Kerry voters) get to the polls.

Actually that is a good idea for all the people with kids at home --- coordinate a free baby-sitting/kid sitting service to watch kids with some worthwhile activities while the parents can go vote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: