SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OHIO Caravan, LAST CALL FOR TOMMOROW....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: OHIO Caravan, LAST CALL FOR TOMMOROW.... Reply with quote

Since Ohio is an important state, I thought we could
do a variation of operation street corner. A group of us
can form a SBVT car caravan and drive our cars around
Ohio. Maybe in some of the big cities, or up I-75 and back?

I already have my signs made:

I'm sure there are enough folks in Ohio and surrounding states
to make up a pretty fair "Truth Train"....yeah, ride on the Truth Train.
Truth Train, righteous rollers! La La-La-La La...

Shocked Oh, sorry.
I got to singing there! Laughing

After rolling around town for awhile, we can park in a lot and set up
shop. Handing out flyers, etc. I already have two shirts for a couple of people to wear:

I'd be happy to rent a car and move my flag and
magnetic signs. Wink Anybody like this idea?
We could drive Ohio on the next 3 weekends.
I've got all the info for flyers and signs.

Come On Folks, Lets' Roll...

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com

Last edited by SooZQ on Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:43 pm; edited 7 times in total
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm for it! Heck, I live here in central Ohio. Does anyone know where the jobs are lost? I'm serious. I don't cuz it's not here. I went to a job employment place today to fill out an application for myself and the lady and I starting discussing this. I know that Franklin county, Delaware, Licking, Knox (which is where I was), aren't in bad shape. I do know she mentioned Ashland county was pretty bad. Fairfield County is pretty much for Bush. Some of Licking are for Kerry, (Dennison University). Knox has Kenyon College (REALLY LIBERAL). I just have to make sure that I can go to my son's football games on Saturday. His last year in college. But I want to help, go door to door, scream whatever it takes. My house is open to all. Don't have much but what I have is yours. Let me know cuz I know Ohio is pivotal and I don't want to lose it to that traitor.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, we have a taker. Do we have more who
will join the train? It's what we all want to do...
make a difference. Concernedgranny, you start
thinking of suggested routes to drive. Since you're
an Ohioan, you probably have some thoughts on this!

Truth Train, Righteous Roller!!
Come join the Truth Train....

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
ghiapaul
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jobs are gone up here in northeastern ohio - Mahoning,Trunbull, Ashtabula, Columbiana, and more. I'm from up here and this train idea sounds good. All I see around here are Kerry signs - this area is tradionally democrat, and they vote blindly. Kerry(like all democratic presidential candidates) promises jobs and these people buy it even though no jobs ever materialize. We have got to stop this guy, because time is running out.
1966 - 1969
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm centrally located and I mean almost smack down in the middle of Ohio.I'll do some investigating on this end and anyone from Ohio please do some on your end and we'll come up with a plan. I've got a big pole barn should we need to put stuff together.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to join in...I live in ILL - near St. Louis but would be willing to make the trek...I do have a huge joint commission inspection that NOONE is allowed any time off...so I would be intereted in going if we had some dates...as long as you don't mind a female tagging along (you know how we are always bossing everyone around... Very Happy Shocked Not sure where I got it from Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Just give me some dates and times and let me know.

What fun it would be to get out there and hand fliers out to people and make them see who john kerry is.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Alright! We've got another member of the
Truth Train!

I propose that we shoot for Saturday Oct. 23 and
Oct. 30th. That will give me time to print flyers and
make up a display board.

All ideas gladly received!
Sue

All Aboard....!

SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKAY THERESA! The more the merrier
Everything is still in the planning stage, but
those to Saturdays seem the most likely.
How do they work for you?

Everyone will want to fashion some sort of
car signs. I got a magnetic sign kit from
Office Max. Pretty easy actually. Wink

Ding, Ding, Ding! Truth Comin' Through!

concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to check out some vet groups as well to join.
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Truth Train Reply with quote

Great idea Suzy. Too bad I live so far from my old stomping grounds. I'm down here in Florida now, I'm originally from Ironton, Ohio. Went in the military in 1965 and found out I'm better suited to the warmer climates. If there is any way possible I'll send $50.00 for gas money and expenses. Let me know how to send the money to you.

George F. Thompson, Msgt (Ret). USN/USAF
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Wish I could Reply with quote

Hi everyone, wish I could join in on this, but am partly disabled and can't drive or ride too far anymore.

I live in the Toledo area, along I75 (enroute between Cleveland and Detroit, via turnpike, lots of traffic on the weekend and at rest stops) and can gladly make my home available for 'pit stop' or any other suggestions you might have!

I just moved here from Cleveland and it is a HIGHLY democratic/jobs lost area. I would suggest taking a trip there and in the Toledo area, however, I'm not sure how 'effective' it would be on the weekend?

Ohio, I believe, is going to be the make or break for the election.

Please advise how I might be of help!

Kimberly
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thought ----------- How about contacting the Republican Campaign Office in these counties that you have mentioned and letting them know of your plan? That way they could help round up people who live there that might want to join the caravan.
xeniadif
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Cleveland, Ohio and will be glad to help in any way that I can.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKAY PEOPLE, THIS IS STARTING TO
LOOK LIKE A TRAIN!

I've gotten started on the display and fliers, which are available
from Bob Chamberlain's terrific site. Oh, and as a side mention,
Bob will be working Operation Street Corner in NC this weekend
and can use your help. Check out the Sticky at the top of this forum.

Thanks to each of you who have expressed your support and ideas.
Will keep in touch with you as things take shape. In the meantime, please
'network' for more participants. The race is too close to rest on our
pundit butts now! Wink

GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've heard that Cleveland and Columbus are the problem areas - that was per the guy from Fox that does "Heartland" - can't remember name. You might also take some flyers/information on the economy and (since Cleveland is a low-income area) about the Kerry/Edwards 'promises' on jobs, entitlements, taxes, for those interested. I'm in Wisconsin, so I'm too far out to be any help. I'll be with you in spirit, tho!

Here's a couple of them :
Kerry's tax plan
http://www.nationalreview.com/murdock/murdock200410150834.asp

--------------------------------------------------------
Edwards ADMITS they may have to cut back on the programs
he and Kerry are promising!!!!
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,134978,00.html

WALLACE: President Bush said in Friday's debate that John Kerry is a big tax-and-spend liberal. I want to play some of what Kerry said in his closing statement. Let's listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

KERRY: I have a plan to provide health care to all Americans.

I have a plan to provide for our schools, so we keep the standards, but we help our teachers teach and elevate our schools by funding No Child Left Behind.

I have a plan to protect the environment.
(END VIDEO CLIP)

WALLACE: Sure sounds like a tax-and-spend liberal.

EDWARDS: No, I don't think so. If you look at John Kerry's record, Chris, he has a long history of fighting for fiscal responsibility, of fighting for balanced budgets. He stood up against his own party back in the 1980s to move us toward fiscal responsibility. He's been fighting basically the entire time he's been in the United States Senate for more cops on the street, more tax cuts for the middle class.

And I think the reality is, John Kerry is right in the mainstream, and what the president's saying is a distortion.

WALLACE: Let's look at the map of the Kerry-Edwards budget plan. The highly respected and independent Concord Coalition came out with an analysis this week. Let's take a look at it.

Your repeal of tax cuts for the rich and reform of the estate tax would bring in an extra $286 billion over 10 years. But your health- care plan would cost $476 billion. More education funding would cost $155 billion. Adding 40,000 troops would mean another $60 billion. The total increase, according to the independent Concord Coalition, in deficit: $1.27 trillion over 10 years.

Senator, the numbers don't add up.

EDWARDS: Well, I would respectfully disagree with that.

And I have to say first, we have enormous respect for the Concord Coalition. They do a lot of important and good work about fiscal responsibility. But there are some things left out, first of all, and the way they calculate some of those things we would certainly disagree with.

But, in terms of the things that are left out, I mean, we would also close down some corporate welfare and some corporate loopholes, and John McCain has said that would save $300 billion.

On top of that, we would also reduce some bureaucratic spending in Washington and some overlap between some bureaucratic agencies in Washington, which would also save many billions of dollars.

And I would add at the end of all that, John Kerry and I have made absolutely clear, Chris, that we have made this commitment. We are going to meet our commitment. And what that means is, if we have to scale something back, we will scale it back. And we are committed to doing that, and John Kerry's made that commitment.

WALLACE: Well, I want to follow up on precisely that point, because in Friday's debate, Senator Kerry said that he would cut the deficit in half during his first term, he would cut taxes for the middle class, but he also had all these new spending programs.

Are you saying right here and now that if the numbers, when you get into office, don't add up, that it's the spending programs that go first?

EDWARDS: Yes. Plus the other -- don't forget the other things that I just said. But yes, on top of the other things I said, if we have to cut something back -- for example, I know John's already talked about, if necessary, cutting back national service programs, early childhood, I mean, some other things that are near and dear to our heart. But if they're necessary, we'll do it.

I just have to say, though -- you have to give me a second on this --you know, for the president to be attacking John Kerry for fiscal responsibility is outrageous. I mean, they took a $5 trillion surplus, projected surplus, turned it into a $3 trillion projected deficit in four years -- $8 trillion turnaround, the biggest turnaround in American history.

You know, according to the newspapers, they've got another $3 trillion of spending in tax cuts that they have absolutely no way of paying for. I mean, they have been the walking, breathing example of fiscal irresponsibility. And for them to be critical of Senator Kerry on this is the height of hypocrisy.

WALLACE: But again, just to clear it up, I just want to make clear that you're saying that even Kerry's cherished health-care plan, he would cut that back before he would add to the deficit or raise taxes on the middle class?

EDWARDS: We will not raise taxes on the middle class, as John said clearly. And we will cut back -- we will cut back on our programs if it's necessary to make sure that that happens.

Bye bye Kerry programs!

----------------------------------------------

368 Economists say NO to Kerrynomics:
http://www.nationalreview.com/nrof_comment/carter200410131105.asp
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: