SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Powerlineblog - ABC trusts NV more than SVPT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Powerlineblog - ABC trusts NV more than SVPT Reply with quote

The "Nightline Goes to Vietnam" story shows the MSM's true loyalties: ABC trusts N. Vietnamese more than SwiftVets.

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/008189.php

...On Nightline last night, ABC's Wide World of Spin reported for duty in Communist Vietnam to answer the question "What happened in Kerry's Vietnam battles."

Tom Maguire of Just One Minute previewed the Nightline story in "Nightline goes to Vietnam." Maguire observed:

The producers of ABC's Nightline have an interesting idea -- go to Vietnam to research some of the questions about Kerry's medals. Since the folks who participated in his battles as spectators, or from the other side, may not have any axe to grind in this election, ABC News may be able to confirm or refute the allegations made by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

With that thought, ABC hired some translators and sent a crew up the river. Brilliant. Of course, we have our own questions. First, if ABC is so interested in Kerry's war record, maybe they could send a crew to Kerry's campaign headquarters and ask him to sign a Form 180 authorizing the release of his military records. And they wouldn't even have to hire a translator. But I doubt they are really that interested.

After the Nightline piece ran last night, Maguire added material comparing the purported debunking of the Swift Boat vets' critique of Kerry's account of the incident in issue with the versions in the Boston Globe profile of Kerry and in Douglas Brinkley's Tour of Duty, both dependent on the testimony of Kerry and his crew. Maguire notes that the testimony of the Vietnames featured on Nightline conflicts not only with the accounts of the Swift Boat vets but also with those of Kerry and his crew. Maguire asks:
Does ABC think they have rebutted [the Swift Boat vets' critique]? And if so, do they realize that they have rebutted Kerry and his Band of Brothers?

Honestly, now -- did ABC read the Globe account, or the Brinkley "Tour of Duty" account? Neither is cited in this story. Just what is going on here?

We're not sure about the extent of ABC's research, but we're pretty sure we know what's going on here. Reread the Halperin memo. Prestopundit adds the following note:

Note well, ABC News went to the other side of the globe to find witnesses with stories different from John O'Neill, but they haven't picked up a phone or taken a cab across town to talk to witnesses right here in America who tell stories contradicting John Kerry and supporting John O'Neill. What more needs be said?

-- FDL
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a complete set-up. ABC even got duped, I think. I posted this last night but it got lost in all the prop wash.

1) Why did ABC go 10,000 miles to get this story when there was plenty of story right there in the BG book and in Kerry's own?
2) Why did ABC even know there was a story there in that village?

The last one is the most important. It's a lead pipe cinch they didn't know there was a story there because the villagers came out of hiding to tell them about it. Heck, they even said on the show, ABC didn't know where the village was until they were led to it. Think about that just a moment, then...

Enter the answer. Recall the posting of Dr. Jack Wheeler on the subject of the Vietnam Human Rights Act?

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12324

Senator Kerry single-handedly prevented the Vietnam Human Acts Right from being put before the Senate (because it was opposed by the Vietnamese government?). Not once, but twice. The second time after 19 July of this year! The government of Vietnam, as late as this summer, owed sKerry a big favor. Payback time?

Again I'll ask the question: how did ABC even know there was a story to be had in that remote place? Because through channels the government of Vietnam arranged it?
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Liberal bible

Quote:
Trust thy enemy not thy troops

meggaditto
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
It was a complete set-up. ABC even got duped, I think. I posted this last night but it got lost in all the prop wash.

1) Why did ABC go 10,000 miles to get this story when there was plenty of story right there in the BG book and in Kerry's own?
2) Why did ABC even know there was a story there in that village?

The last one is the most important. It's a lead pipe cinch they didn't know there was a story there because the villagers came out of hiding to tell them about it. Heck, they even said on the show, ABC didn't know where the village was until they were led to it. Think about that just a moment, then...

Enter the answer. Recall the posting of Dr. Jack Wheeler on the subject of the Vietnam Human Rights Act?

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12324

Senator Kerry single-handedly prevented the Vietnam Human Acts Right from being put before the Senate (because it was opposed by the Vietnamese government?). Not once, but twice. The second time after 19 July of this year! The government of Vietnam, as late as this summer, owed sKerry a big favor. Payback time?

Again I'll ask the question: how did ABC even know there was a story to be had in that remote place? Because through channels the government of Vietnam arranged it?

I agree it was a setup. Can someone who was in Vietnam tell me it is the custom to write in English the date they died? They are speaking in Vietnamese and needing interpretors and write the dates they die in English on the gravestones. Does this seem strange?
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Douglas Brinkley's Tour of Duty written from Kerry's personal journal?
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of expatriates in 'Nam...especially Vung Tau...where's Tran Thoi-Nha Vi in relation to Vung Tau???
Seems to have been some friendly traffic in and out of Tran Thoi - Nha Vi prior to the ABC crew... ABC Nightline story
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker Klanker: ABC Nightline story says

Quote:
The Vietnamese government initially rejected "Nightline's" request to visit the village, saying it did not want to somehow influence the U.S. presidential election. Once "Nightline" explained that the intention was to simply find out what the Vietnamese people remember and think of what happened there, permission was granted.

Bet it went like this "Your Hero John Kerry is being challenged by those war criminals who raped your women and killed your babies and destroyed your villages. Now they're trying to bring Honorable Mr. Kerry down."
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: a Reply with quote

I didn't get to see it, but I'm wondering whether they covered the Cambodia story, the first and third purple hearts, etc.

Was a Form 180 mentioned?

Was Kerry's discharge mentioned?

My guess is no to all of those questions, which shows you just how much credibility these MSM nimnulls have.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is missing something terribly important. Inasmuch as Kranish's book and Tour of Duty agree that there was but one guy, and those are from Kerry's own mouth, Kopell and ABC are saying that not only do they believe the Communist Vitenamese more than the decorated vets, they believe the Communists more than they believe KERRY!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn, I agree with your observation, but I think there is something MUCH bigger buried in last night's smear job. It's no secret that ABC was out to "reinstate" JFK's reputation and to discredit the Swiftees - that was clearly their motivation. I think that the really big revelation in all this is in the question I asked earlier in this thread: how did ABC know there was even a story among those villagers in that remote place? It cost them a lot of money and trouble to make that trip; they had to have known in advance that the story they wanted to tell was there. And I contend that the only way they could have known that was if the Vietnamese government, itself, set this whole thing up. As a pay back for sKerry's assistance to them in killing the bill in the Senate that addressed Vietnam Human Rights, which was an issue for the second time only this past summer?

There's something much bigger, and much worse and scarier, in all this than just that ABC ignored the easy-to-obtain books and documents. The big story I am suggesting is not 35 years old; it's only a few months old (though it had its genesis 35 years ago).
drjohn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I presume correctly, then it also has ties to one Stewart Forbes, Colliers and $110 million in contracts.

Halliburton, indeed.

Last edited by drjohn on Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
drjohn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, button moved Embarassed
poseidon
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
If I presume correctly, then it also has ties to one Stewart Forbes, Colliers and $110 million in contracts.

Halliburton, indeed.

Bingo !

As I mentioned in another thread this is a classic LIBERAL tactic.
drjohn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberal yes, but it is Clintonian in origin.

Attack others on your weakest position.

Is this from Sun Tzu? I mean the real one. (no offense, SZ)
poseidon
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
Liberal yes, but it is Clintonian in origin.

Attack others on your weakest position.

Is this from Sun Tzu? I mean the real one. (no offense, SZ)

This was in one of the first political education lessons taught by the
VVAW and their friends in the early 70s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: