SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Fahrenheit 9/11' To Be Shown At Polling Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: 'Fahrenheit 9/11' To Be Shown At Polling Site Reply with quote

This is the info on the library. Just in case anyone should feel the need to exercise thier freedom of speech!

West River Branch
1194 West River Road North
Elryia, OH 44035
Voice1: (440) 324-2270
Fax: (440) 324-4766

'Fahrenheit 9/11' To Be Shown At Polling Site
Resident Plans To Take Issue To Court

POSTED: 10:17 am EDT October 15, 2004

ELYRIA, Ohio -- A hot-button film is getting multiple viewings at a local polling place the week before the election, NewsChannel5 reported. Some say the West River branch library should not be playing politics.

Library user Jim Pengov is seeing red.

The library is a polling place on Nov. 2 and the controversial movie critical of President George W. Bush is set to air three times the weekend before the election.

"They just got a one-mill levy passed. Taxpayers, like it or not, are paying for Michael Moore to spread his rhetoric at an official polling site two days before an election -- in a key state," Pengov said.

Librarian Debby Kressa said she is surprised by the complaints.

Kressa said the move came in and she just wanted to accommodate all the people on a waiting list to sign the movie out, so she thought it would be a good idea to show the film in the library's movie room.

The library posted an announcement that "Farenhype 9/11" will be aired as well. Officials are hoping that this will provide political balance for airing "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Pengov said because the library is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization he will go to court next week to try to stop the library from showing the movie at a polling site.

Copyright 2004 by NewsNet5. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if they are showing both films, I really see no problem. "Stolen Honor" is being shown on Nationwide T.V. as well. Should we be outraged over that also?
I know Moore is a lying sack of manure, and that his film is a piece of Propaganda so fulll of holes it makes the Titanic look safe to sail on in comparrison.
Just saying, I can not complain about a Library showing both F-911 and Farhype 911. They are being pretty fair and balanced in doing that.
Moderator Note:
Moving to Geedunk Shortly

rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people have already seen it that are going to.....
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrong, wrong, wrong!!--Here's hoping that the courts stop this--C
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame Librarian is a moron. Or she thinks we are. Let me guess: she will begin showing Farenhype on Nov.3rd? Give me a break.

She cannot do that, and that's all there is to it. The courts will put a stop to it, and then the good folks of Elryia should fire Madame Librarian, immediately.

Sheesh. When does the stupidity stop? Heck! I would be happy if it would just take a 10 minute break.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Madame Librarian is a moron. Or she thinks we are. Let me guess: she will begin showing Farenhype on Nov.3rd? Give me a break.

She cannot do that, and that's all there is to it. The courts will put a stop to it, and then the good folks of Elryia should fire Madame Librarian, immediately.

Sheesh. When does the stupidity stop? Heck! I would be happy if it would just take a 10 minute break.

roger that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: