SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Notice how Kerry has quietly shifted the Shinseki story?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Notice how Kerry has quietly shifted the Shinseki story? Reply with quote

He used to loudly complain that General Shinseki was FIRED by President Bush, but in a speech I heard yesterday, he has switched to the more correct RETIRED.

But in his own unique slimy way, he still insinuates that the President "retired" him to get him out of the way.

What a stinking liar Kerry is. He lets any lie go on until it is discovered, then claims ignorance. Remember his being head of the Senate Intelligence Committee, until someone revealed that it was KERREY, not KERRY, that was in that position?

One would think Kerry would have known this, even though he probably was AWOL from most of the meetings (and refuses to release the closed door attendance records that would demonstrate how much he cared about America's security).
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Gen. Shinseki Reply with quote

I'm surprised that the Bush campaign is not making more of the Shinseki story. Kerry said twice during the debates that the Bush administration tried to get rid of Shinseki because he recommended sending "several hundred thousand" troops to Iraq. "Several" is a vague word, but it usually means a number between 3 and 10, meaning that Shinseki wanted to send at least 300,000 troops, or twice as many as Bush actually sent, who managed to fight their way into Baghdad in only three weeks.

Now we hear Kerry saying that Bush would reinstate the draft if Bush was re-elected, although Bush has repeatedly said he would not reinstate the draft, and that military leaders have told him they prefer using professional volunteer soldiers.

The Bush campaign should stress the possibility that Kerry might want to reinstate the draft if elected because Kerry is too busy listening to people who want to send more troops than are needed, but Kerry (according to his Senate record) doesn't want to provide them with up-to-date weapons, which reduce the number of troops needed to do the job.
Chukkal
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: The Gods are Hungry Reply with quote

I live in the liberal state of Washington.....please.......please.......save us by dropping Kerry into the crater of Mt. St. Helen's.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I live in the liberal state of Washington.....please.......please.......save us

I hope not, but I think WA is beyond saving (polically)

We are a bit better off to the South in Oregon and still have a chance of being saved despite of Portland and Eugene
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Shinseki was asked by the Bush administration to retire.

Do not forget, that Shinseki was one of Clinton's boys. I have found that most Senior Officers and Enlisted members of the military said that Shinseki was a ticket puncher that lacked the ability to properly lead and mentor soldiers.....so its no suprise that he retired.......we are all glad he did.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just now (about 1415 on Mon) he said (Rush was playing Skerry's Fla speach live) that Shenseki "had been sent packing" by W. But as reported elsewhere, Shenseki had announced his retirement a year earlier.

1/101st ABN Song Be 3/82d ABN Phu Bai.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: He Retired Because He Could NOT Run Over Rummy!!! Reply with quote

Many of our mighty military have bumped into that
guy named Rummy who does NOT wobble in his job. Cool

He DID retire on his own.
You cannot prove a motive. Wink

It appears that he made a wise move. Now he can
succeed in "20 20" land where there are no mistakes Exclamation

Our job is to continue to "debunk" the Kerry machine. Very Happy

Make it a "debunking" kind of day.
Mary Ann Parker
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush and Co. should make a campaign ad titled "Liar or Ignorant?" and just list all his claims contrasted with the facts.

On second thought, it would probably be a long ad so better make a series of them =)
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well here is your answer to the draft thing - someone else posted it - can't claim it now -
http://web.archive.org/web/20040425211809/www.johnkerry.com/pdf/johnkerry_service_fact_sheet.pdf
this is from the webs archives - never knew about them, great thing aren't they?!?
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should have fired him, but didn't! The man made some of the most rediculous decisions, making image over substance the rule of the day. Kept Co-Ed Basic going, even after a major review called it a total failure and waste of money. Took away the "Black Beret" from the Army Rangers and gave them to everyone.(Caused a couple years of strife, so that everyone could feel "Special") The Army's Stryker Combat Vehicle he jammed through, that does not do as promised instead of spending billions less on a platform that was already there and could be easily retrofitted to do what the Stryker promised and more (the M-113's).
Nope "Peg Leg" outlived his time as ACOS in my opinion!!
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The community service scheme is, I believe, a entry way to conscripted service. Someone, perhaps Kerry, said last year that they favored a plan were all 18-20 yearolds were required to serve either in the military on in a comunity service program. This is just another communist scheme. to facilitate indoctrination. The $13 Billion cost is per year not over ten years as implied, and that's only for the tutions. Other costs could easily raise the total to $50Bil/year. Note that banks already compete for student loans.
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet if each of us who were (or are) in the military would go back and recall the "suck up", self promoting flag officers we knew, we would find many of them favoring Kerry now. I did not know Shinseki but was "within the sphere of influence" of Shali, McPeek, Clark, Crowe, McCaffrey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: