SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stolen Honor / Vs F-9/11?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Stolen Honor / Vs F-9/11? Reply with quote

I was channel surfing (TV) last night, and found myself ending up on the Tonight Show (Jay Leno). Well, Michael Moore was his guest (at the time), and they were discussing the "Stolen Honor" issue, and the fact that Sinclair Broadcasting was giving the "all clear" to air it by the FCC (Colin Powell's son), and Moore was complaining about the unfairness of this, being the deal with "Pay-Per-View" seems to have fell through at the last moment (they're not going to show it).

Michael Moore did make the offer to Sinclair last night, that he would allow Sinclair (actually, he is begging now) to run his "documentary" (F-9/11) to run after the showing of Stolen Honor.

Hopefuly Sinclair Broadcasting (and the American public) will understand that "Stolen Honor" is completly made from the testomonies of the actuall POW's & Servicemen who were directly affected by the comments & actions of John Kerry, during the Vietnam Conflict, and let the facts prevail.

Sinclair should allow Moore's documentary be shown after Stolen Honor. Americans are intelligent enough to separate the truth involving FACTS, from a collection of "opinions" from Moore's so called documentary.

At any rate, the offer was made last night on the air, and we will probably be hearing quite a lot more about this in the next few days, so I just thought I would post this, in case some of you were not aware of the offer.

Have a great day,
Wind Walker Rolling Eyes
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal thoughts are that those that were going to see it, saw it.

The ratings for Stolen Honor will be huge, then F911 shows and the ratings tank!

I won't try to stop F911 from viewing, I stand by the First Amendment. But what I am in favor of is that they should also, in addition to Stolen Honor of course, they should also air FahrenHYPE 911 and Celsius 41.11.

That would be a great line-up!

They show F911, off my TV goes. I would NOT even watch it for free! Laughing
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is a program which anti-Kerry any more of a "pro-Bush" program than it is a "pro-Nader" or pro any other candidate for President program? It isn't! Sinclair should tell Moore to shove it.
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were Sinclair, I would tell MM to "Shove It!" also. Sinclair is under NO obligation to air anything.

I have never seen F911, nor do I have any intention of seeing it, but I understand that it is full of lies.

Assuming that is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, I would sue for defamation if that F911 were about me.

First Amendment does not protect a defendant (MM) against a defamation suit based upon lies, opinion maybe, but not factual misrepresentations.

This is probably why that pay per view station backed out of its deal with MM. They know that F911 is full of lies, and the lawsuits may fly. Again, if F911 was about me, I would name them as a defendant, also.

Last edited by Barbie2004 on Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flagreen wrote:
How is a program which anti-Kerry any more of a "pro-Bush" program than it is a "pro-Nader" or pro any other candidate for President program? It isn't! Sinclair should tell Moore to shove it.

EXACTLY! It's not a first amendment question. Moore’s Fable has been accurately debunked as just that, a fable, a series of misquotes and non truths. It’s not a documentary! Moore has had his chance, his Fable has been out there and it flopped like the turd that it is, “We The People” surely do not need it resurrected to stink up the place all over again thank you!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry folks, but I think you're beating the wrong drum. Let me explain...

All of your arguments, above, are based on idealogy (which I agree with). Sinclair, hower, is a commercial broadcaster, very dependent upon advertisers for funding. Commercial arguments are what are needed to achieve the idealogy goals we espouse, i.e., if we cannot put your arguments into commerical terms, then we're just arguing with the proverbial fence post.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If MM wants F911 on Sinclair, he should pay to put it on. All the proceeds from F911 should be just about enough.
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of F911 versus Stolen Honor:

I found a delightful article in the Mobile Register this morning. Last week, a social studies teacher at a local high school here showed F911 to his classes. This is the result:

Quote:
GOP leader happy students to view anti-Kerry film
Members of two social studies classes to see 'Stolen Honor' after previous screening of 'Fahrenheit 11'
Saturday, October 16, 2004
By JOE DANBORN
Staff Reporter
The chairwoman of the Mobile County Republican Party commended Murphy High School officials Friday for their response to a flap over a social studies teacher who screened Michael Moore's anti-President Bush film "Fahrenheit 11" without notifying parents or administrators.

Principal Doug Estle had said earlier in the week that in the interest of equal time, the students also would watch a film critical of U.S. Sen. John Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee. In fact, Estle said Friday, the teacher intended all along to show both movies. The principal said that he had not received any complaints from parents about the issue, although he said he had heard some were upset.

Still, Janet Rich Pittman, the GOP chairwoman, said she thought the public needed to be made more aware that "Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal" would be shown in the classroom. The film, whose director has ties to the Bush administration, also is to air over Sinclair Broadcast Group stations throughout the country next week.

Mobile Register
note: URL converted to hypertext

Perhaps the other schools being challenged for showing it around the country should do the same thing Smile

~mugged~
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Stolen Honor / Vs F-9/11? Reply with quote

Wind Walker wrote:
Sinclair should allow Moore's documentary be shown after Stolen Honor. Americans are intelligent enough to separate the truth involving FACTS, from a collection of "opinions" from Moore's so called documentary.

I agree. People have already made up their minds about F911, but Stolen Honor is relatively new information to voters who haven't been following SVPT. Also, it might create a demand for carry to sign Form 180.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: