SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michael Moore News

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Michael Moore News Reply with quote

Yes, he's back in the news today, but not good news for him. Below are two articles I found on Newsmax addressing him. Enjoy Laughing

Cable Channel Dump's Moore's F-911

Bush Sr. Calls Moore A 'Sleazeball'
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed this one entitled A USEFUL IDIOT? Laughing Laughing

USEFUL IDIOT

Viewing Fahrenheit 9/11 doesn’t always result in immediate conversion to Michael Moore's cause:

Cindy Stewart told 6 News Friday, "My step son said last night ... his comment was that Michael Moore is a jerk. And I said, 'Why did you say that?' And he said, 'Oh well, we're watching 'Fahrenheit 9/11.'"

Stewart's step son is a high school student. Maybe Moore's movie should be compulsory high school viewing; after all, like Diana Kerry, Moore seems to have a gift for getting out the conservative vote:

Ms. Kerry, a former teacher, and media-dubbed as "Sister Kerry", believes that support for the U.S. in Iraq by the John Howard government in Australia makes Aussies a bigger target for international terrorists.
The Australian people, who obviously don't buy into the same notion, recently restored the Howard government to office.

There's been no word about what Moore or Kerry makes of that turn of events.

"Why aren't this guy's copious activities resonating where they should be - in the polls?" asks liberal columnist Gene Grant. "What happened to the 'Moore bounce'?" Grant continues:

Toss in all the work by assorted movie stars, rock acts such as the recently concluded "Vote for Change" tour by Bruce Springsteen, Pearl Jam, the Dixie Chicks, R.E.M and a slew of other acts, liberal pundits at full throttle, a national radio network dubbed "Air America" whose sole reason for being is to unseat the president, and a reasonable man has to wonder what all this dust-raising has led up to. A tie - that's where.
For those who were thinking all this noise was going to put Kerry over the top, I would start breaking out Plan B. This ain't gonna get it done.
I'm afraid this is starting to look like yet another example of liberals predictably pandering to cheap emotions instead of doing the ugly and decidedly un-sexy work it takes to win elections.

Railing is not doing. Neither is finger-pointing, huffing incredulously or claiming to understand how the "rest of the world" considers us. All of it is garbage.

Yes, but it's lucrative garbage. Moore -- described by Anand Patwardhan (the "Michael Moore of India") as "the best thing that has happened to America since Chomsky" -- interrupted his Slacker Uprising tour a few days ago for an appearance in Utah:

Apparently Mr. Moore is only scheduled to speak in swing states, where he might be able to score some more voters for the Kerry ticket. So why stop in the largely Republican state of Utah? To do some "missionary work" as he put it, with a grin on his face. He said they kept asking him and asking him, and he just felt so sorry for the lonely Kerry supporters, that he had to come. For them. So they wouldn't feel so alone in the world.

So it turns out that this Michael Moore fellow really is a thoughtful, caring and compassionate soul. Or was it really just about the $40,000 check he will receive for a couple hours of his time?

And with every appearance, Moore inspires more young conservatives:

One sign among dozens read, "I would die to protect our nation. Would Mike?"

Holding the homemade placard was Danielle Dahl, 18, a Fallbrook resident and Cal State San Marcos freshman who was one of nearly 200 demonstrators hoisting signs and hollering praise for President Bush.
With equal enthusiasm, they berated controversial filmmaker Michael Moore as thousands waited in traffic to attended Moore's sold-out rally at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.

"I like it," [Dahl] said of demonstrating. "I want to do it more."

Demonstrators rallied for more than two hours and many of their voices grew hoarse as the night wore on. From the crowded sidewalks, some protestors exchanged heated words with the passengers of cars that idled in traffic.

Some motorists blew their horns and extended rigid middle fingers.
"France is that way!" a demonstrator responded.

Posted by Tim Blair

http://timblair.spleenville.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: