SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

URGENT! Help me help a reporter, please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: URGENT! Help me help a reporter, please Reply with quote

The reporter working on the Bush vs Kerry IQ question is confused. He wrote, "Please ask that Swift Boat Vet site if anybody took the Navy's Officer Qualification Test and if they can remember how it's scored. Ask them to reply privately to you, and get me involved in the emails."

My eamil address is in my profile or PM me

The reporter goes on to say, "I'm pretty sure that Kerry took the Naval Officer Qualification Test, not the General Classification Test or its descendent the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT). That's what appears to be written on that form of Kerry's next to the 58 -- "Officer Qualification Test". But I don't know at all what the 50 that's typed in the next column means."

I wrote to him

"The explanation is that NOQT is not different from GCT, it is more than GCT. Within the NOQT is the GCT/ARI. All Navy personnel take the GCT/ARI, officer or enlisted man. I took the same NOQT and it includes the GCT/ARI. The Kerry GCT is 58, the ARI is 50. ARI is “arithmetic”."

He needs to hear this from someone besides me. Please send me validation of these fact so I can pass it on. I am particularly interested in Officers letting this reporter know that they have a GCT score. Somehow he thinks GCT is just for enlisted men.

I need this QUICKLY. The story is due to be released Monday Oct 18.

Thanks, Sam
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My background is with a different service, so I can't be of direct help.

However, aren't these test scores from when Kerry was in OCS - and thus technically an enlisted sailor?
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hondo wrote:

However, aren't these test scores from when Kerry was in OCS - and thus technically an enlisted sailor?

You are correct, but that doesn't meet the needs of my reporter. This guy is really good at nailing down facts but the tedious nature of his expertise is frustrating me.

I already know what is true and he needs to prove it to himself before he puts his name on the story.

Sam
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to make sure that the obvious hadn't been overlooked. Didn't think so, but better to make sure.

What we need is someone with the same career path as Kerry (e.g., Navy OCS straight out of college) or an Admin Officer/CPO from the era who was familiar with the processing of OCS applications.

Anyone out there who can help?
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N x3, Navychief, cipher....
hey ya'll..... anyone out there to help this person????

This would be great to get out..... but we don't want the kerry press to be able to tear it apart....which is probably what this reporter is thinking...

it's been my observation, that most intelligent people are deep thinkers...(like Bush).... they usually don't feel the need to impress others.... Smile

they don't just open their mouths and babble.... (like Kerry) -trying to impress others. Shocked
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle The Hun wrote:
Hondo wrote:

I already know what is true and he needs to prove it to himself before he puts his name on the story.

Sam

you might want to just PM Navy Chief, N x3 etc....
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By way of reminder for those who have not been following, http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10983

I already had Kerry’s Navy records re his IQ. They are posted on the Kerry campaign website in a document called Officers Qualification Test. http://www.johnkerry.com/about/john_kerry/military_records.html

Kerry’s records show his General Qualifications Test (GCT) score. I originally joined Mensa on the basis of my Navy GCT scores, so I knew how to read Kerry’s Navy records. Mensa lists membership requirement at 98th percentile for the Navy GCT as a score of 68. http://www.us.mensa.org/

Kerry tested 58 on his Navy General Classification Test (GCT). Kerry scored in the 84th percentile and Mensa’s minimum requirement is 98th percentile. Kerry would be considered “Bright Normal” (110 to 119). Bush would be in the next highest category “Superior” (120 to 129) or about the 95th percentile.

I am comfortable with the accuracy of saying Kerry has an IQ of 115 as compared to Bush having an IQ of 125. While this is not as dramatic a story as I hoped, I still think this will be a slack-jawed surprise to most people.

Sam
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure I heard a week or so ago that Bush got higher scores at Yale than did Kerry.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Aristotle You Are A "Hon" (for honey) Reply with quote

I do realize that this is very serious and you
need help.
I am going to insert an opinion.
He can test as high as he wishes but;

IN SOCIAL GRACE AND EMOTIONAL IQ........
"HE HAS THE IQ OF AND ICE CUBE"!!!!
Embarassed Embarassed

So far his instability makes me so nervous that
I think he would make a convention of "Blondes"
look like a MENSA caucus!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Good luck on your media task.
Your are the greatest.

Make it a "bright" day. Ha Pun intended. Idea
Mary Ann Parker
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Aristotle You Are A "Hon" (for honey) Reply with quote

Mary Ann Parker wrote:
I do realize that this is very serious and you
need help.
I am going to insert an opinion.
He can test as high as he wishes but;

IN SOCIAL GRACE AND EMOTIONAL IQ........
"HE HAS THE IQ OF AND ICE CUBE"!!!!
Embarassed Embarassed

So far his instability makes me so nervous that
I think he would make a convention of "Blondes"
look like a MENSA caucus!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Good luck on your media task.
Your are the greatest.

Make it a "bright" day. Ha Pun intended. Idea
Mary Ann Parker

Nope. You are the greatest. I like to be reminded that my left brained focus on my task impedes keeping an eye on the big picture.

One of the cognitive exercises I use with my male clients is to have them chose a focal point and then become aware of everything else in the room without taking their eyes off the focal point.

The reason most of us guys can hit a rabbit with a rock at 50 feet is because all we see is the rabbit and the rock. That is a great gift in many applications. It is also an impediment to other applications.

That’s why most of us guys need your kind of help.

Thanks.

Sam
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several PMs but still no answer. So lets try it this way.

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/Training_School_Record.pdf

This shows Kerry’s GCT/ARI scores. Unfortunately the document is named Officer’s Qualification Test. All I need is for somebody, hopefully several people, to tell me that the scores on this document represent what we all (Navy) know they are.

Somehow the reporter thinks that the scores on this document are not the same thing as our familiar GCT scores common to officer and enlisted man alike.

I will pass along your validation to the reporter. By the way, this guy is a national reporter for a major press syndicate.

Sam
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire premise of IQ scores is not worthwhile IMHO....it also plays into the simplistic argument that Bush is Stupid...which is a mainstay of the Democrats.

In actuality there are all types of IQs that are not measured. Emotional IQ....Empathy....People Skills.....Trust....Leadership....Honesty ETC ETC ETC. I would take Bush's relationship with a his wife as more of indicator than any meaningless IQ score.

If you were to look at the levels of corruption among high IQ scorers in Business....it would not be a very good thing either...Enron and the Savings and Loan scandals were not created by dumb guys.

IQ does not equal wise. When they come up with a Wisdom Test....then you got something.

Anyone who would vote for either candidate because the have an IQ of X is.....
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should ALSO factor in on the what effects being a Democratic Presidential Candidate has on Kerry's IQ .... hmmm ... was that the bath tub drain, or the sounds of the Democrat party SUCKING away IQ points ..... Twisted Evil
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every chink in the armor helps.

I'm sick of hearing about Kerry's cerebral and nuanced intelligence (gag) while our President is repeatedly "misunderestimated" at the Neaderthal level.

Sam's got an interesting attack - and proof that Kerry isn't as smart as Bush. Let him work on it. Every little ding hurts.
Stevie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah,I'd love to see it in a major print media.... Laughing

hope it won't be giving away a Bush secret.... Shocked

he likes 'em to misunderestimate him.... Wink

but it sure will be a slam to Kerry's ego ! Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: