SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Son of Vietnam Nurse Thanks You All

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nam Nurse's Son
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Son of Vietnam Nurse Thanks You All Reply with quote

First, I would like to say to all Veterans, Thank You.

I am the son of an Army Nurse who served in Vietnam stationed at Nha Trang (May 69-70--I Think).

My mother's experiences mirror your own on many levels. She was spit upon and called a baby killer, refused help by government bureaucrats who were against the war and unfortunately now is completely disabled with PTSD.

My mother is a kind a person. She joined the Army to pay for nursing school. She ended up "in county" deciding at 22 years old whether to try and save another young soldier or make them comfortable through their final moments. This is a horror I do not even want to imagine.

I just want to say that as a son of a Vietnam Veteran I feel sick to my stomach when I see John Kerry's testimony before congress libel all of you as well as my own mother. I know that my mother went into Mountainyard (sp) villages to try and help the people of Vietnam and I know what happened in Vietnam and Cambodia when John Kerry's surrender at all costs position won the day.

I thank the Swift Vets for holding him to account for the damage he did to his country generally and my mom and our entire family specifically. My mother was relatively naive, she did not join the Army to fight and kill commies. She was doing her job. Instead of getting the thanks she deserved upon her return she was spit upon by the scum or her generation who were enabled by the Junior Senator from Massachusetts. I believe if there had been a more supportive environment for returning Vets, a lot of the problems that led to my mother’s disability may have been easier for her to deal with. I am sure many here probably feel the same.

Besides forcing the coverage of what Kerry said and did then, I feel another service that the Swift Vets are performing is educating a whole generation on the anti-American nature of the antiwar movement. In school and the popular press people my age and younger have been force-fed the glossed over version of the "Peace and Love" sixties. Because of the Swifties the real truth of what happened to Veterans at the hands of war protestors is being told as is the role the anti-war left played in undermining the war effort.

Many times I have heard people try and white wash and deny the horrendous treatment Vietnam Veterans received. I attended Bates College (an alleged "good school") as a political science major and in a class where the Chinese Revolution was covered no mention was made of the millions murdered by the communists!

I hope the Swift Vet ads will cause us all to take a look back at what it was really like then. It was not all Free Love and LSD.

Thank you for your service then and now!

Sincerely,

Eric N. Darbe
Hudson, NH
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, give your mom a hug and a thanks for her service to her Country. I never needed a nurse, doctor or a medic, but I thank God for them risking all to help the ones that did, they saved countless lives.
fastrock
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell your Mom - Welcome Home from all of us and she is a Great American. And you are an awesome son.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: