SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 Newbie Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nakatu
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: 2 Newbie Questions Reply with quote

Hello, I'm a longtime Freeper and I donated to Swiftvets back when it seemed that they were the only group having an anti-Kerry effect at all in the polls... but with the recent NY Sun article and the 2 ads, I'm unclear on 2 things so I signed up to ask the questions.

(1) Are those 2 ads the FINAL ads? There are still 3 more weekends to go into campaign.

(2) Is the NY Sun article the October surprise, or is more to come? I've heard conflicting information on that.

I'm making a donation soon to either W or the SwiftVets, knowing the answer to either question would be very helpful in deciding who to donate to. Much thanks. Smile
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, that information is confidential. Hopefully too, 18'" salvos are planned along with torpedoes, rockets and mines.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Nakatu
the freepers have been great supporters of the SVPT!

We dont know what surprises may be in store
if we did they wouldnt be ... surprises
Wink
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swiftees are keeping their hand close to their chest's, as they should. Personally, I think there is more in store from more than just them, but time will tell.

Karl Rove alluded to their own October Surprise coming and so far, I've seen nothing from them yet either.

So, as hard as it is, we all have to just wait and see what will happen. If anyone releases information on it before hand, it won't be a surprise, will it?

Hang in there, now is not the time to roll over and give up. Kerry still needs to be soundly defeated. We have to fight right up to the time the polls close November 2.
Nakatu
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, in retrospect, I guess it was silly of me to ask about the surprise. LOL. But are those the 2 last ads?? It'd be weird that these would be the "last" ads, when there is such a long time left in the campaign. There are lots of rumors on FR about the SBVs having a video clip of Kerry urinating on a flag.... dang if that is true I'd donate all my savings. LOL.
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine anything more surprising...shocking really...than Kerry collaborating with the enemy as a sworn officer of the millitary during war time.

The real surprise...shock really...is how little importance the MSM attaches to this most significant flaw.

If collaborating with the enemy is not enough to get you to vote for anyone but him...I really don't know what would....
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, looking at the pile of ammo spent and the pile of ammo remaining, we could lead an army to kill off Gingas Kahn...and still have ammo left....don't you think Swifties?
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save some of that ammo (we certainly have enough). This thing is not likely to be ended on 3 Nov. By the time the lawyers and judges get through with it we may be past Thanksgiving. You can bet your boots that the DEMS are NOT going to let up during that period, if it happens.

Then there's the problem of Election '08. Kerry's not going away, unless the Hillary supporters can massively defeat him in the interim.

(Interesting moral dilemma: would you help Hillary defeat sKerry by making all we know about sKerry to his Democratic opponent in '08?)
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nakatu wrote:
There are lots of rumors on FR about the SBVs having a video clip of Kerry urinating on a flag....

Hello, Nakatu,

IMO, this is an "urban legend" - not true. We never heard a thing about it until some time after Bob Dornan appeared on Hannity & Colmes and told about that day on the mall, as he followed these guys around, taking pictures. (I don't believe he said he had footage, but he has commented that he just carried his camera around and took pictures, trying to blend in.)

During the course of the day, 10 of the 50 flags on the mall were pulled down, burned and some urinated upon. At least one of the burnings took place within a few feet of Kerry as he watched.

The story grew into Kerry himself urinating on the flag, but I don't believe that to be true. I think it all came out of Bob Dornan's appearance that night on H&C and from people wanting it to be true.

We've been trying to stamp out that story every time it shows up, here. The Swifts don't need rumors or untruths - they're doing great with the truth. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: