SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Information about Winter Soldier Investigation needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-130 Son
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Information about Winter Soldier Investigation needed Reply with quote

Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some information about the WSI:

1. I think I read in "Unfit for Command" that many of the people who testified in the WSI were not even in Vietnam. Is this correct, and if so, do you have a list of names of these people and primary sources of information about them?

2. Are there any other vets besides Steven Pitken who have admitted that they lied in their testimony at WSI?

Thank you for your help.
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C130son - There is a great site if you are interested in Winter Soldier. It is at:
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/

There is lots of information. I'm not sure if Steve was the only one from WSI to recant, but if there were others, they'll be on this site. Well worth the visit!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a particularly interesting page:
http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/index.php?topic=Historians

You might want to get B. G. Burkett's book, Stolen Valor, as well. It's turned out to be one of the most fascinating things I've ever read. The parts applicable to the WSI are excerpted on that link above, but the whole book is really good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: