SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Navy Stripped Kerry Of Security Clearance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stupson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Navy Stripped Kerry Of Security Clearance Reply with quote

Navy Stripped Kerry Of Security Clearance!!!!!! Unauthorized Contacts With Enemy Agents!

Posted on 10/13/2004 9:48:00 AM PDT by MindBender26

Kerry Lost Security Clearance!

Just spoke with reporter friend in DC. She is talking with former USN ONI types who worked on DOD/USN investigation that resulted in total loss of Kerry’s Navy security clearance.

Kerry had been granted a Top Secret by the Navy on October 11, 1967 based on a routine background investigation by Office of Naval Intelligence. A top secret clearance was required for his work at that time.

Obtaining and holding a security clearance of any level, especially TS or above, requires certain terms, obligations, commitments and conditions from the holder. One of the most important is the holder of the clearance must promptly and fully any contacts with any foreign officials, agents, etc.

Lieutenant Kerry left active duty with the Navy on January 3, 1970, but he still carried those obligations as a commissioned officer of the Naval Reserve. Without telling anyone and without receiving permission from superiors,FBI or counter-intelligence officers, he traveled to Paris in the summer of 1970. He claimed the purpose of his trip was a honeymoon with his first wife, Julia Thorne, but there was another hidden purpose.

Numerous North Vietnamese and Viet Cong intelligence agents and officials were in Paris, having arrived a year earlier for the “Peace Talks.” While in Paris, Kerry met with agents on a number of occasions and had extensive discussions with them about U.S. plans, procedures and how to get the U.S. to essentially surrender in Vietnam.

These clandestine meetings were never reported to the Navy.

Almost a year later, in April 1091, speaking as the leader of the Vietnam Veterans Against The War, Lieutenant Kerry told a Senate hearing about his meetings with enemy agents. Senior DOD officials wanted to prosecute him as a Naval Reserve officer for violating a number of laws and regulations, but this was vetoed by the Nixon White House. They didn’t want to give the anti-war crowd any additional PR ammunition.

However, the Navy immediately pulled Kerry’s security clearance. He became a Naval Reserve officer who was known not to be trusted. He kept his commission, but lost all access to any classified information. In the words of one of the now-retired agents, “Lieutenant Kerry wasn’t cleared to know what time it was!”

The bottom line is, Kerry was on the Intelligence Committee of the Senate after the Paris fiasco and another trip to support the Moscow-backed Sandinistas in Nicaragua.

Today, he couldn’t get a security clearance to pull KP duty, but he wants to be Commander in Chief of all our military in the War on Terrorism!

ttp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1243912/posts
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting, but it's also very speculative in nature.

There are a lot of good reasons for losing a security clearance, the most common of which would be a reassignment or the loss of the "need to know."

There's another discussion about this freerepublic thread here:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12826

Of course it would be great to have proof that Kerry's security clearance was pulled because the Navy had cause against him.

But, until something hard-bound comes through, I'd recommend caution when it comes to trusting an anonymous post on freerepublic, as much as I enjoy the community over there.
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I think this is very good, and potentially very iseful. Now your reporter friend needs to write an article about it. It should be linked to the Form 180 issue. Perhaps this is part of the reason Kerry refuses to release his records. if she can not get pubilshed here, I suggest British tabloids, for a reprint here.

It and the anti-war connections with George McGovern, Eugene McCarthy, etc., also sheds some light on the complete overhaul of security clearance procedures which happened when President Clinton was innaugurated, and his people began failing background checks in huge numbers. Anybody here remember that fiasco? No doubt drug use and homosexuality were not the only reasons many of Clinton's people could not be cleared.

I frankly never thought any of that was about actual subversion under the guise of the anti-war movement. I believe we were naive. Just like when we thought those people in the war protests waving the Vietcong flags were the legitimate veterans they pretended to be...

Elect no traitors!
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was some good thinking but the federal government's regulations concerning security clearances are that they are revoked and reinstated on an "as needed" basis. If your job puts you in a situation requiring classified access, it will be requested. If you are performing a job that doesn't require it and had it, then it will be revoked. It really doesn't have anything to do with the individual. It is both more secure this way and cheaper. No need to maintain a clearance for someone who doesn't need it.
I wish that something sinister could be read into the revokation of Kerry's clearance, but it's just the system doing its thing.
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're being naive. I believe that this revocation was anything but routine. Moreover, if it were routine and consorting with high level representatives of an enemy government (without reporting it) is not specific cause for security clearance revocation, then my 23 years in the Army, and what I know about the clearance system, possessing a TSSCI for about fifteen of those years, don't amount to much.

Why is everyone so willing to give John F. Kerry the benefit of the frigging doubt?

I don't get it. What does a guy have to do to prove himself disloyal, untrustworthy, treasonable? I mean, what more could he have possibly done to hurt America than he did in 1971? HUH?????
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jrwhite85"]
Why is everyone so willing to give John F. Kerry the benefit of the frigging doubt?

I don't get it. What does a guy have to do to prove himself disloyal, untrustworthy, treasonable? I mean, what more could he have possibly done to hurt America than he did in 1971? [b]HUH?????[/b][/quote]

We've been seeing for the last 3 months what that dirtbag will do to hurt the U.S., not to mention our military!...........SOS
I can't wait for the Nov.3 surprize, now where's my raisins?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrwhite85 wrote:

Not a matter of giving Traitor John the benefit of the doubt.

It's a matter of not stepping on our own you-know-whats. We'll leave that to the Kerry Kampf.

We do a lot of speculation and comparing of notes, here on these boards, but we're very careful not to publish as truth anything that we cannot support with facts.

If you have some way to prove that Kerry's clearance was pulled for cause, please bring it out!

PM me with it, if you don't want it public. PM Beatrice1000 or kate or NavyChief or NavyWife or Aristotle the Hun or cipher or truegrit or... or... or... there's a ton of power lifters who participate in the R&R forum and I'm sure I missed a bunch of them.

No one would love to see this proven more than we would, believe me. But, while we speculate and compare notes, we also realize that to go off half cocked and end up being wrong could hurt us. So, we only put out the things that are proven, that have valid substantiation.

Personally, I have very little doubt that his clearance WAS pulled - but I won't put that out as a fact and then have it result in the discreditation of our board's efforts.

It's already the MSM mantra that Swifts have been discredited, even though NOT ONE of their allegations has been disproven.

We'd really like to keep it that way.
jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Clearances Reply with quote

Very well put. I will try to steer clear of speculation. I deeply appreciate your efforts and would never want to in any way compromise them.

To review, for my talking points tomorrow, Kerry did lose his clearance after the Senate hearings, but we don't know the exact reason?

Keep up the fire!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think that fits the timeline perfectly.

And don't refrain from speculating! Some VERY good things have come out of someone asking, "What if...." and "Does this fit?" and "Why this instead of that?" on these boards! Smile

Hang with us!
bobster
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Great Dialogue Reply with quote

Gentlemen,
Your exchanges were a delight to read. It would not be wise to go off half-cocked and incorrect, that is what separates us from the enemy. Is there any discussion that this swiftboat vets will grow to something bigger that can give us vets a stronger voice in America? Security issues will be ever increasing. American people love their vets, but their voices are not broadcast as the bad news is. Vets are a great breed, they sacrifice all, are paid little and expect very little in return.????
bobster
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that some of us are going to continue to hang together - there are a lot of projects that need finishing or starting, and some of us have found natural allies with other members of the community.

There have been so many beginnings that have come out of the Swifts' organization - check out the thread in the main forum - "I'm ready for another book" or something like that, and one that's probably fallen to page 2 or 3 of the main forum - "Let's stick together."

We probably won't have to move from this site immediately, but we will eventually wander off into "other homes" where we feel most capable of working.

Hang around and see what happens. Smile
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerry wins I am hoping the fight will continue. I for one will refuse to accept him as the commander and chief. I know that doesn't mean a lot, but it does to me.

jrwhite85
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: What Next?? Reply with quote

I think we need a veterans' organization with teeth in it, and in particular, a view toward educating our nation's YOUTH.

Veterans for Truth beats Veterans for Peace (Korean War vintage Communist front - and father of VVAW) anyday!

Did you know there was an Iraq Veterans Against the War group? Yes, it is being led by the same people who gave us VVAW. Now is that a continuing requirement for your services, OR WHAT?

Check out a cute little group called Protest Warrior (www.protestwarrior.com) to see what can be accomplished by a few courageous young people. I like their style!

FIGHT ON !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: