SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If not NOW then WHEN?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redrightreturn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: If not NOW then WHEN? Reply with quote

I joined this forum when I first started to really listen to Mr. O'neill on talk shows. No matter how hard he was being berated by an interviewer or another "guest" he was totally unflappable. I saw a resolve and steadfast quality in him that only a man telling the TRUTH can portray.

Other Swiftees appeared on other shows and they too never waivered. They KNOW the truth and they are not going to let anyone bully them into even a flinch.

I purchased three copies of Unfit for Command. One for myself, one for my dad, a Korean War Vet, and one for my local library. I must admit I had a hard time donating it to them- the person in charge of donations acted like I was giving her letter bomb. So I told her to read it. Just read it and see for herself. Well she did and it is now a part of the library. She too was impressed- WHY? Because your book- your story- is not some hyped up piece of hyperbole barely resembling any sense of truth. It is straightforward, honest and backed up with solid research, first hand accounts and real and checkable refrences.

WHY then I ask you after all this time was Mr. O'neill treated with such utter disrespect by Ted Koepple? How in the name of heaven could they expect the American public to believe that some Vietnamese villager remembers SPECIFICALLY John Kerry and every detail of that event?
Think about it. What if someone said to you - on June 16 in 1968 where were you? Who was around? How many other people were there? Now a Swiftee who was caught up in a firefight can remember clear as a bell- but some guy in a rice patty 2 miles away is NOT A CREDIBLE SOURCE.

Then we have Bill O'Reilly publicly declaring your stories are not true. Followed by countless other media personalities who portray you as right wing flame throwers with an axe to grind.

They have YOUR testimony. They have John Kerry's testimony plus what he recounted for the Boston Globe and Brinkley. This is NOT a gray area here. THIS IS CLEAR and easily understood.

Yet you brave men are being held up as fabricators and historical revisionists.

But I ask you- WHEN DOES THE TRUTH COUNT? Have we gotten to such a despicably low level in our society when our HEROES are mocked and treasonist liars are lauded to such an extent they are seriously considered for the highest office in the land?

How - please someone- TELL ME HOW we can counter the lible and slander that is being hurled at the brave and steadfast men we support here on this forum?

They fought for US 30 years ago- how can we REALLY get the word out that the MADNESS MUST STOP AND IT MUST STOP NOW.

I always thought if you were honorable and a good person and told the truth you will win. But if the media and the DNC have their way the Swiftees good name will be once again be besmirched by the very coward they are trying to save America from.

Swiftees- your dedication and firm resolve is astounding. I pray every day that more people will hear you and UNDERSTAND just what you are trying to do. They don't get it. You are doing this for US as a nation- not yourselves. You should be honored and lauded for your efforts. You do NOT deserve the way you are being treated.

I am doing everything I can think of on my end. I pray that the truth wins and our nation is saved.

May God bless each and every one of you. It is an honor to be a small part of this group.

Red
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do believe, that in the end truth will win.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth has a fighting chance only if it's allowed to see the light of day - something the MSM is vigorously trying to prevent. Maybe someday that truth will come out too, but that's probably being wishful.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, truth is holding on... literrally ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX (not all reporters), AP and CNN want Kerry to win. Think about the last time they reported something that was Pro Bush/Pro Swift Vets? I have a feeling it will only get uglier, but I am hoping that truth will prevail.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my Christian Science faith, Truth is a synonym for God and therefore truth as we experience it humanly is an absolute value and ever present. I believe truth is 'on the march' and ultimately will prevail in all things. What it takes, though, in human experience for people to wake up to the truth is another matter. Sometimes it takes hard experience for some people to wake up. I hope and pray that this country (and the world) does not have to go through the utter disaster and chaos of a Kerry presidency in order for people (specifically the majority of voters) to recognize the truth and rise to its defense. I pray every day to know that God is indeed governing our nation.

Here ends the sermonette Smile

But I want to tell you all this forum has been a life saver for me -- I was feeling a lot of despair until I saw the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth ads on tv, saw John O'Neill holding his own with such dignity and strength in the face of the spinmeisters, and came here to this forum and found so many good people with a strong sense of values. God bless you all.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: If Not Now Then When Reply with quote

Even after John O'Neill pointed out John Kerry's own words contradicted the VC version Ted Koepple would not listen. John O'Neill asked Koepple why would he believe the VC and their handlers when he had not talk to any of the SBVT who were there. Koepple would not answer. The MSM does not even hide its bias anymore.

RHV
Lee Gauge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that ultimately truth will win; but our political process does not accommodate such a long range view. I am continually amazed at the levels of hate and venom within the ABB crowd. These folks have been stewing for the last four years and they have let this hate impact their personal lives. Accordingly, no amount of truth or logic will quell their emotions.

I was reminded of how deep the abyss really is while at a social dinner last week. The guests immediately around me were a 60 year old medical doctor from CT, a retired middle school teacher and her daughter (an attorney) from TN. None of us had met one another before the dinner. As expected, the initial conversation was very light and cheerful. As the wine continued to flow, however, the dinner took a very surreal turn. The MD brought up the debates and made his dislike of Bush very clear. This started a free for all of Bush bashing. These were fairly well educated and socially adept folk – surely they had to know that it is generally considered to be impolite to have such a heated political discussion at a social dinner? But the conversation went on and on, and the venom just kept oozing. The retired school teacher made a statement to the effect “you know, W purposely mispronounces ‘nuclear’ to appeal to the NASCAR crowd.” I don’t know whether that is true or not, but it was clear that this bigot didn’t really think too highly of NASCAR fans… I guess being a liberal means you can look down your nose at folks based on their choice of entertainment… so much for live and let live… I suppose it never occurred to her that her judgmental and hypocritical attitude is one reason for Bush’s popularity. The liberal elite of this country disdain the citizenry. If this example doesn’t prove it to you, go check out a Michael Moore book. You’ll see stuff like “There are 180 million people in the United States. Over 100 million are complete idiots.”

Actually, I have another example from this same social dinner that will make my point. After about 45 minutes of politely trying to change the subject, I decide to be a bit more pointed by stating that I was very surprised by the level of their emotion. This elicited a new battery of questions regarding my political positions, to which I responded: “as a Navy veteran, there is no way I would support John Kerry.” They couldn’t believe I felt that way – they were indignant, and then they became very rude. At first I thought it was the wine, but then I realized how angry these miserable folks really were. They threw every DNC talking point at me without waiting for a response. After they railed on and on about Bush’s inept performance as CinC, I finally put forward one rhetorical question: “if what you are saying is true, then why do active duty military and veterans overwhelmingly support Bush?” The MD from CT looked at me with a straight face, with full knowledge of my status as a veteran, and said “because people in the military are idiots.” And he meant it. So much for the support your troops attitude…

At this point, I could decide to go to fisticuffs, or find a more tactful way to end the conversation. Accordingly I simply said “well, there you have it.” I then let his statement just hang about the room. The tension killed the evening just as well as a fight would have.

I feel some pity for these folks. They have let the mainstream media whip them up into frenzy, and as a result, they are truly miserable. They are angry everyday. The level of emotion is illogical, and subsequently, they won’t be swayed by any argument that contradicts their emotions. Further, they cannot accept that someone may not feel the same way. This is the current truth of the electorate. I suppose in time they will recognize their lack of logical thinking. But unfortunately, it may take the reality of a Kerry administration to fully demonstrate the error of their ways.
Nature-ally hold 'em in scorn.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: If not now then when Reply with quote

These people vote their emotions and pay no attention to the facts. I have spoken to people like this and their hate is so strong now matter what you say it will not change them.

RHV
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have made it past the unfolding of my napkin. Buffoons...absolute ignorant buffoons.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really admire you, Lee Gauge! That takes courage to face a group like that. I don't think I would have been able to stay at that dinner party.

What I think is happening, though, globally, is all the crap that has been hidden and festering 'underneath' for a long loooong time, is now coming to the surface. We're seeing it in the actions of terrorists and we're listening to it at dinner parties. And I think it is the truth that underlies all things that is bringing this scourge to the surface in its various forms and it will -- eventually -- be destroyed. Will I see this happen in my life time? I rather doubt it. I have hope for my children and (eventual) grandchildren...
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about the hatred. I was getting out of my car the other day (and on the back is my bumper sticker that reads VETS4BUSH.com)...clearly visiable and as I looking for something in my purse 3 really young men (must be right around 18-20) saw my bumper sticker and started loudly going on and on and on about John Kerry and how pumped they were....well I just looked at them and said that I was a Bush supporter and a vet and there was a reason vets were voting strongly for Bush and I breezed right away from them and was just fuming. I wish I could have thought for a few minutes, but next time I will be prepared and will ask them the question Sean Hannity always does "Name 3 reason you Support John Kerry"...most people can't.

It is scary when I see these young people who are just so angry at the world. I do not think I was that angry when I was that young...but then again at that age I was already in the AF serving my country. what used to be the "far left"...is now the main stream DNC. I sure am glad I am on the "right" side of the issues. Very Happy
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: If Not Now When Reply with quote

Their hate is so great they are blinded to everything else. They are not capable or chose not to see the truth.

RHV
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm hearing that the DNC is ready to block the overseas military votes because the G.Is support Bush 4 to 1
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: If Not Now Then When Reply with quote

This is the same thing they tried in Fla and they did block some of the overseas ballots.
They will try it again.

RHV
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: If Not Now When Reply with quote

rhv5862 wrote:
Their hate is so great they are blinded to everything else. They are not capable or chose not to see the truth.

RHV

And this is why I recommend that everyone be prepared when Bush is re-elected, and yes I truly believe that he will be, because these people are literally bordering on insanity. When he wins they are apt to do anything, some will freak out and probably attack anyone that has any visual support of Bush. If you think they are mad lunatics now just wait till Nov 3.

This has become IMO the most disturbing election year that I can remember. These people are so vehement that they are not worried about getting caught. Just look at how they have been acting all across our nation. There have been reports of firebombing, vandalism, shootings, assaults and the list just goes on and on.

In front of me on the shelf above my desk is my Ruger P-85 MK II with two 18 round magazines filled with AP and Black Talon. Behind me in the hall closet are my rifles with there respective mags loaded and on the shelf above them. Now I pray I’ll never have to use any of them, but I will if I have to. I plan on driving my wife to work on the days immediately following the election until I’m sure things will be safe for her.

And this is in a predominantly Bush state. Here in Arizona I’ve only seen a couple of Kerry/Edwards signs out there, but we’ve had allot of Bush/Cheney signs vandalized so the loonies are out there. I really fear for some of you in real battle ground or Kerryized states where the “wackos” are in greater numbers.

I guess all I can say is be alert and guard your families anyway you have to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: