SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Fair Game" - Bill Kristol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: "Fair Game" - Bill Kristol Reply with quote

I think this was Kerry's Deaniac moment. He not only jumped the shark, he's being devoured by it. At least I hope so. Smile

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/782vkhgk.asp

Debbie
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the link
Quote:
How stupid does John Kerry think the American people are?

Does he really think they will believe that he singled out Mary Cheney because he "was trying to say something positive about the way strong families deal with this issue?" Does he think they will accept his claim that he was saying something about the Cheneys' "love of their daughter"? Of course, he wasn't. In his answer, he never mentioned or came close to mentioning the Cheney family, or the Cheneys' love. He merely brought up Mary Cheney as a lesbian, out of left field, in order to get her name and sexual orientation into an answer where no such citation was expected, called for, or remotely appropriate. His campaign manager let slip the truth when after the debate she told Fox News's Chris Wallace that Mary Cheney was "fair game."

worth repeating.....How stupid does John Kerry think the American people are?
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love that Bill Kristol! Razz
On the nose!

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate,

I think Kerry thinks we are all as stupid as his koolaid drinkers are as he can fool them all the time, and with the MSM in the tank for him, he is never held accountable for anything.

But I think the mistake he made in mentioning Mary Cheney may just be the nail in the coffin of his campaign, because the reaction to his comment was not an intellectual reaction, but a visceral, emotional, gut reaction of disgust, disbelief, and revulsion. We knew when we heard it that it was mean, nasty, and was intended to be derogatory and negative, and we don't like the personal life of a candidate's child being used in a predatory way as campaign fodder - as "fair game."

Mrs. Edwards comments, Mary Cahill's comments, as well as John Edwards comments last week and Kerry's comments in the debate, prove this was a calculated attack. And I think actually Cheney might have opened the door for Kerry to think it was okay to mention Mary Cheney - bad calculation on the Kerry campaign's part. When Cheney "thanked" Edwards for his kind comments about his family, I think the Kerry campaign actually thought Cheney meant it - failing to catch the very subtle sarcasm in Cheney's response. So, unwittingly, they thought they could run with it again, and were not expecting the backlash - what dummies - talk about the gang that can't shoot straight.

And the problem the campaign now has is they are trying to excuse, explain, and spin with "reasonable" explanations an attack that people reacted to "emotionally" - and it won't work. Kerry cannot connect emotionally with people so there is no way out of this for him - even if he apologized now, it would look insincere, calculated, and opportunistic. The real Kerry has been exposed by Kerry himself.

On Fox this morning, a media analyst who is often on Fox - forgot his name, sorry - said that Kerry was winning the third debate - Shocked Confused ?????? - until he made that dumb calculated comment, and that it actually could be his downfall as he said many times, undecideds will break at the last for the most likable candidate, and this comment really hurt Kerry on likability. I hope he is right, as this will not go away and the more that Kerry and his kookaid drinkers spin this, the worse they look. We all know what we felt when we heard it, and nothing will erase that reaction of disgust. It was a smarmy - I love that word Smile - thing to do and everyone knows it.

Debbie
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant KOOLAID drinkers instead of KOOKAID drinkers - although if the shoe fits - and on second thought... okay, I admit, POSSIBLY a Freudian slip. Wink Very Happy

Debbie
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIGHT ON!! I like this part:

"WAS JOHN KERRY born a shameless and ruthless opportunist, or did he choose to become one? In a way, who cares? Who knows how John Kerry became who he is? What is clear is that he is, as Dick Cheney put it, "a man who will do and say anything to get elected." And what is equally clear is that he shouldn't be elected president of the United States."
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:
Sorry, I meant KOOLAID drinkers instead of KOOKAID drinkers - although if the shoe fits - and on second thought... okay, I admit, POSSIBLY a Freudian slip. Wink Very Happy

Debbie

I always use "KookAde Drinkers" when referring to the Kerry-ites.

I wouldn't use it on a Kerry supporter who comes up with a reason for why s/he supports Kerry, but I haven't heard one, yet.

You get them off of their ABB talking points, they're like a fish out of water. They stutter and stammer and can't think of a single reason for voting for Kerry that is not somehow going back to "Anybody But Bush."
theresa
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I heard Kerry say the "Cheney's daughter is a lesbian" remark during the third debate, I immediately thought two things: This slimy, unctuous, despicable opportunist will say anything to get elected AND this remark will grow "legs" and hurt Kerry big time. Considering how many times I've heard this story discussed and debated, I believe both of my assumptions were proven correct.

T.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theresa wrote:
When I heard Kerry say the "Cheney's daughter is a lesbian" remark during the third debate, I immediately thought two things: This slimy, unctuous, despicable opportunist will say anything to get elected AND this remark will grow "legs" and hurt Kerry big time. Considering how many times I've heard this story discussed and debated, I believe both of my assumptions were proven correct.

T.

I said the same thing. I told my wife and daughter that Kerry just lost the presidency with that comment. Marybeth Cahill pounded the nail into the coffin a little further with her obnoxious comment and then Edward's wife grabbed the hammer and made sure it was in all the way. Smile
Jim T.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity, integrity, integrity. And he still has none!!!!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Kerry's mommy cringed when he made these remarks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: