SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alan Alda to Play Republican On "WestWing"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Alan Alda to Play Republican On "WestWing" Reply with quote

Although I never seen this tv show, does anyone seriously think the lefty producers, writers, actors on the WW will portray a Republican Presidential candidate as anything but the far left's sterotypical evil, bigoted stock character?
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the matter?--They couldn't get Ed Asner?--C
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least you can't say it's typecasting. Rolling Eyes
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me this is a joke? It's kinda like the way that cast Charlie Chan with an anglo with a funny mustache. Geez. Don't they have any conservatives they can call on?

Needless to say I still will not watch Left Wing.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!! You guys are funny! Very Happy

Alan Alda can go suck eggs. So can West Wing. They should name it "Left Wing" to be accurate. Even my husband stopped watching it, and it was one of his favorite shows.

He's also boycotting CBS and they carry two of his favorite shows. For my husband to boycott his favorite shows means something has SERIOUSLY ticked him off. In this case it was the RAthER memos.

He's really interested in all this research getting done into Kerry, now, too and the "pajamahideen." (Doesn't like computers, though - just gets the latest news from me.)
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: PLease Reply with quote

LMAO thats Rich!!!!
Alan Alda a "dirty Republican" cut me a break.
Fabius Cunctator
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
LOL!!! You guys are funny! Very Happy

Alan Alda can go suck eggs. So can West Wing. They should name it "Left Wing" to be accurate. Even my husband stopped watching it, and it was one of his favorite shows.

He's also boycotting CBS and they carry two of his favorite shows. For my husband to boycott his favorite shows means something has SERIOUSLY ticked him off. In this case it was the RAthER memos.

He's really interested in all this research getting done into Kerry, now, too and the "pajamahideen." (Doesn't like computers, though - just gets the latest news from me.)

You are so right about this. This is the hokiest TV show I ever saw - I watched it once a long while ago to see what the big deal was all about (well, I do live in liberal south Florida!), and turned it off in disgust. Just like anything printed in the New York Times, et al., they are as predictable as the sunrise each day in their storyline, spin, etc. I just can't see how they can consider themselves to have any credibility beyond their koolade drinking audience/readership.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum; qui victoriam cupit, milites inbuat diligenter; qui secundos optat eventus, dimicet arte, non casu. Nemo provocare, nemo audet offendere quem intellegit superiorem esse, si pugnet." - F. Vegetii Renati Epitoma Rei Militaris, AD 380
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alda playing a conservative will be a joke. His acting isn't that good. I expect his portrayal will be a caricature of a conservative. His performance will consist of those cliches of what liberals think of a conservative --- not a real conservative.

What a joke? What's next Anna Nicole Smith playing the Mother Mary? or the less challenging Mother Teresa? Such a casting would be closer to type.
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...In related news, Michael Moore has just been cast as the new BowFlex guy...

Developing...

SOTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: