SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanx CA, NY, ML, MA, ... ETC..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Thanx CA, NY, ML, MA, ... ETC.. Reply with quote

WOW... talk about stereotype... I misjudged you people..... there are some of you that have some common sense... I feel bad I thought all of you were the same. Thank you all for having a head on you shoulders and thinking about all of us as one and not about 'everything is me'...
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::chuckle::

My family got a White House tour a couple of years ago, because a member of my family had run as a Republican in a highly visible state election. When we got to the press Briefing Room, a cameraman setting up a shot asked where we were from.

When we said, "Massachusetts."

He replied "Wow! Republicans from Massachusetts. You must be pretty rare up there."

"An endangered species," was my reply.

Wink
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

My family got a White House tour a couple of years ago, because a member of my family had run as a Republican in a highly visible state election. When we got to the press Briefing Room, a cameraman setting up a shot asked where we were from.

He replied "Wow! Republicans from Massachusetts. You must be pretty rare up there."

Wink

That is funny... but so true...

It's THESE type of people that make me proud to be an American... the ones that understand what it takes (has taken) to be free..... what it is to be an American...
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone actually tell me what the actual % is of LEFT/RIGHT? or howabout the % of the people that actually listen to truth?
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
Can anyone actually tell me what the actual % is of LEFT/RIGHT? or howabout the % of the people that actually listen to truth?

Ask again on November 3rd and we will have a good idea of the Left/Right breakdown!
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right and left of WHAT? Where you draw the line makes a difference.

For example, I'm a bit to the right of Laura Ingraham, but to the left of Ann Coulter. Sort of a Monica Crowley conservative. But I'm in GOOD company!

If you define the "middle" as being the place where half are to the right and half are to the left, then there are probably 35% hard core left wingers (those that would vote for Ghenghis Kahn if he was a democrat), and perhaps 35% hard core right wingers (those who would rather give up their guns before voting for a democrat).

The rest reside somewhere in between. The clueless, the uninformed, and the apathetic tend to congregate there, although there are more than a few of them on the wings.

It's like asking how many Army/Navy game fans are either Army or Navy? You have the rabid extremes (USNA and USMA graduates, for example), and then you have the ones with a vested interest (parents of a Marine, for example wouldn't root for the Army). Then you have people like me, who have ties to BOTH, and just appreciate a good game, well-played. The rest are clueless, uninformed, or apathetic.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
I'm a bit to the right of Laura Ingraham, but to the left of Ann Coulter.

I guess you could say you're a thorn between two roses? Laughing
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

Wink

I was wondering, scott, if it bothers you that pres. bush keeps referring to mass as if it were a bad state. I know it rubs some of my mass. friends the wrong way.
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind I'd like to add Connecticut to that list ..

Not to bore you tooo much but when my dad was ill and living in florida he wanted to spend some time back visiting family in Connecticut and revist his families resting places.

Boring part We had heard since pups to be proud to be Connecticut Yankees

Dad visited his great grandfather Harvey of the civil war and went to Mass to see a few others. needless to say he passed away and I wanted to take up his mission and have for 8 years now and we are of great stock. I have a pamphlet printed in 1794 by a very conservation family relation.. back in England.

I only followed work to Arizona. I am a New Englander. BTW there are such things as Connecticut Bushs too!

All my line as far back as 1635 here were mariners till the RR. One ggggggggrandfather was ransomed in 1698 from the french. My gggggggrandfather died in the french indian war 1757. I had two ggggggrandfathers in the revolution a ggggggreatuncle commanded a privateer 9 guns 14 men and was a friend of the patriot Silas Dean, my gggrandfather served from 1861 to 65 along with several uncles in the civil war. I have a news photo of my Grandfather a real purple heart recipient ( Lost his hearing from a blast that wounded him) surrounded by my 2 uncles, one of my aunts and my Dad all in uniform. 2 other aunts were still young but later joined too. I am 12th gen CT and MA - Coomes.

Believe me there are tons of stories books and archives behind all that and back into England, France, and the Crusades. But my dad had never known the half of it..

Sad thing about family histories is it bores so many to death..sorry. I just love to tell my kids all the stories, they love the one about the reluctant pirate John who was almost hanged.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:

The last survey I heard was that 19% of the population identified themselves as a liberal/progressive (sometimes they use the word moderate--- Laughing Laughing Laughing

About 40% of the population identify themselves as independents, moderates -- this group does not identify themselves as members of a political party --- they vote for the person, not a party --- they typically vote for lower taxes, less government, less government involvement in their lives (They would be libertarians if they weren't so independent) -- They dislike both parties because they think all politicians lie --- just in varying degrees.

About 35% of the population identify themselves as conservatives -- about 10% to 15% of this group identifies themselves as Christian conservatives --- an vote conservative on social issues. (These are the people who support Pat Robertson in the 80's/90's.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickb wrote:
I was wondering, scott, if it bothers you that pres. bush keeps referring to mass as if it were a bad state. I know it rubs some of my mass. friends the wrong way.

I'm not sure I'm familiar with the references you're talking about. I'm sure that MA has been referred to as an extremely liberal state, and that's absolutely true.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
nickb wrote:

I'm not sure I'm familiar with the references you're talking about. I'm sure that MA has been referred to as an extremely liberal state, and that's absolutely true.

Actually (the only references I've heard Bush speak of anyway) that Pres. Bush made were in regards to the LIBERAL senators from Mass. Kennedy & Kerry.
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacan70UDN wrote:
cipher wrote:
I'm a bit to the right of Laura Ingraham, but to the left of Ann Coulter.

I guess you could say you're a thorn between two roses? Laughing

Hmmmmm Laura to my left.......Ann to my right....... Barry White for some mood music......
Damn!!....Sorry folks...I got a little distracted!! "What was the question"?
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: