SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dems are going crazy...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrian Spidle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: The Dems are going crazy... Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Yesterday I had a brief discussion with an older lawyer neighbor. He's passionately for Kerry.

He said he can't stand the "extreme Right Wingers" ranting about their "warlike attempts to build an American Empire and remake the Middle East in their own image."

I asked him to name a single extreme Right Winger and what "empire" are you talking about? And he responded gruffly "All of them are Extreme Right Wingers and the empire is the Middle East." He went on "If you can't see that Bush's people are dangerous extreme Right Wingers then I don't want to discuss it with you."

I responded "Trying to bring Democracy to the Middle East doesn't seem so bad to me." and he responded "You're not open minded, you're brain washed. I don't want to discuss this with you anymore."

WOW. These Kerry supporters have really drunk the Kool Aid. They can't even talk with people who don't agree with them.

http://pep.typepad.com/public_enquiry_project/2004/10/the_dems_are_go_2.html
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always expect people who are confident that they know what's true to be eager to discuss it with others, as often as they are able. If you're neighbor is so certain he knows the truth, it's not very neighborly of him to refuse to try to enlighten your poor benighted soul. So maybe he's just not at all sure he can defend his cliche riddled position.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously this neighbor thinks women should not have the vote, liberty or freedom.

Ask this neighbor if he believes that it is okay to own slaves in 2004?
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: try being married to one ... Reply with quote

I can't watch the news and change the channel when political ads come on to avoid making remarks about politics at my house. Any attempt to discuss any subject starts with "Bush hates ... (fill in the blank)" ... Even my standard question, "What did he say that makes you believe that ?" gets nothing but a glare. I keep holding out hope that we can actually have a real discussion about "any" political subject without resorting to the irrational arguments of Kerry's DNC talking points. Can't wait til Nov 3, when, as expected Kerry gets beat then I'll have to avoid political discussioins for another 4 years.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: try being married to one ... Reply with quote

FF1047 wrote:
I can't watch the news and change the channel when political ads come on to avoid making remarks about politics at my house. Any attempt to discuss any subject starts with "Bush hates ... (fill in the blank)" ... Even my standard question, "What did he say that makes you believe that ?" gets nothing but a glare. I keep holding out hope that we can actually have a real discussion about "any" political subject without resorting to the irrational arguments of Kerry's DNC talking points. Can't wait til Nov 3, when, as expected Kerry gets beat then I'll have to avoid political discussioins for another 4 years.

No problem with the wife. She is holding women's meetings at our home to solidify the swing vote for W. The three kids, however, are Kerry loving Moore-ons.

Sam
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: try being married to one ... Reply with quote

FF1047 wrote:

Sounds like the best thing you can do on Nov 2 is get up early and go vote, leaving the dome lights on in the rest of the family transportation, and not come back until it's over!

Last edited by shadowy on Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure its a typo, but please remember to vote NOV 2, not NOV 3!

However, it is perfectly OK to urge all yer Democrat friends to vote NOV 3! (GRIN)
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: try being married to one ... Reply with quote

shadowy wrote:
FF1047 wrote:

Sounds like the best thing you can do on Nov 3 is get up early and go vote, leaving the dome lights on in the rest of the family transportation, and not come back until it's over!

Hee, I told my Mother we should do a road trip and tie up my sister till the election was over.. My sister constantly sends emails from groups quoting the ACLU.. I send back dirt I dig up on the lawyers quoted in the message.

Worried about government being intrusive look no further than Kerry iran contra dirt, the attempted book ban, ad ban, movie ban and threat ..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere the dems have lost the sense of democracy that our country was built upon. To agree to diagree respectfully. Their new mantra is, say as we say, do as we do, and ask no questions. Mad
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: The Dems are going crazy... Reply with quote

Adrian Spidle wrote:
Rolling Eyes

I responded "Trying to bring Democracy to the Middle East doesn't seem so bad to me." and he responded "You're not open minded, you're brain washed. I don't want to discuss this with you anymore."

http://pep.typepad.com/public_enquiry_project/2004/10/the_dems_are_go_2.html

I have a problem with people who tell me Im not open minded, as if to say that If I were open minded they could fill my mind with whatever dribble they were spewing. But since I question them and they have no basis for what they say It is I who is ignorant.
LOL imagine that.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, ya got me, I dropped keyboarding before we got to numbers.
note to self: proofread posts
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: try being married to one ... Reply with quote

[quote="Aristotle The Hun"]
FF1047 wrote:
I can't watch the news and change the channel when political ads come on to avoid making remarks about politics at my house. Any attempt to discuss any subject starts with "Bush hates ... (fill in the blank)" .....
No problem with the wife. She is holding women's meetings at our home to solidify the swing vote for W. The three kids, however, are Kerry loving Moore-ons.
Sam

Ask the kids why they hate the United States so much ... which country it is that they prefer over the United States? what is better about that country/ its history versus the history of the United States ..

The foreign aid given by the United States to the rest of the world exceeds that given over every other country.

More people immigrate to the United States than all other countries combined.

Others appreciate the United States --- why do they not?

Michael Moore thinks Americans are stupid ---- do your children agree with Michael Moore that they are stupid?
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite retort to claims that we are building an empire and it is all about oil is to point out that just a few years ago we had over half a million troops sitting on top of the largest oil fields in the world. Had we wanted an oil empire we could have just taken it and there is not much anyone could have done about it. We have now withdrawn because there is no longer any reason (Saddam) for us to be there. In Iraq we could withdraw from the cities, build a fence around the oil fields and say its ours and there is nothing anyone could do about it. But we will not of course. Down deep I know the dems know that too.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came out of Wal-Mart the other day to see a thirty something Hispanic couple looking at my “Kerry Lied - While Good Men Died” window stickers and talking animatedly. As I walked up to my car and clicked the remote to unlock it, the man asked me angrily, “What did he lie about?” I just stared at him for a minute. He calmed down and said, “Really, I want to know. What did he lie about”? I answered, “He lied about his service and medals in Viet Nam. He lied to Congress about what Viet Nam Veterans did while they were in Viet Nam. I was an advisor in Viet Nam while he was lying to Congress about what I was doing there. He went to Paris and met with the Communist North Vietnamese and Viet Cong and supported their side. His picture hangs in the Communist museum in Hoi Chi Minh City in Viet Nam today crediting him with helping them win. I attribute many of the names on the Viet Nam Wall to John Kerry and Jane Fonda. He supported the Communists in Nicaragua. He is lying about his anti-military record in the Senate and he is lying about what is going on in Iraq today. Other than that, he is not a bad guy”. The couple looked at each other for a minute and then the man shrugged and said, “Oh, OK”. They got in their car and drove off.

I don’t know if I converted them. The exchange went much differently than I had anticipated. I was surprised when they didn’t interrupt or bring up the usual Kerry talking points, so I kept talking.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LimaCharley wrote:
I came out of Wal-Mart the other day to see a thirty something Hispanic couple looking at my “Kerry Lied - While Good Men Died” window stickers and talking animatedly. As I walked up to my car and clicked the remote to unlock it, the man asked me angrily, “What did he lie about?” I just stared at him for a minute. He calmed down and said, “Really, I want to know. What did he lie about”? I answered, “He lied about his service and medals in Viet Nam. He lied to Congress about what Viet Nam Veterans did while they were in Viet Nam. I was an advisor in Viet Nam while he was lying to Congress about what I was doing there. He went to Paris and met with the Communist North Vietnamese and Viet Cong and supported their side. His picture hangs in the Communist museum in Hoi Chi Minh City in Viet Nam today crediting him with helping them win. I attribute many of the names on the Viet Nam Wall to John Kerry and Jane Fonda. He supported the Communists in Nicaragua. He is lying about his anti-military record in the Senate and he is lying about what is going on in Iraq today. Other than that, he is not a bad guy”. The couple looked at each other for a minute and then the man shrugged and said, “Oh, OK”. They got in their car and drove off.

I don’t know if I converted them. The exchange went much differently than I had anticipated. I was surprised when they didn’t interrupt or bring up the usual Kerry talking points, so I kept talking.

I guess you could say...........nothing.........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: