SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Letter To MOVEON.ORG-From Kerry!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: A Letter To MOVEON.ORG-From Kerry! Reply with quote

I don't know where to post this,but since Kerry has made such an issue of the 527s,I thought you should be aware of this.

I'm still trying to learn,in spite of the handicap of several strokes. If this doesn't comply with board rules,please,just delete it. No hard feelings on my part. Just thought you should know about this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have this habit of emailing "things" to myself,to help me remember most of the time. This one I knew would fade from his website,so I preserved it,for ALL to see this idealouge for what he is! It happened just as he instructed. The Senate cronies talked it to death. The vote for the judge couldn't even come to the floor.They had more than a 2/3s vote to seat a fine judge,but because "the master" Kerry,didn't want it to happen,it didn't.

The ONLY right Kerry was "protecting" was his own! The lobbyists pay him WELL to work for them.

I was right! It disappeared.

A letter to MoveOn members from John Kerry

Dear MoveOn Members,

Three words sum up why we need to take action today: The Supreme Court. I need you to join me in keeping the Supreme Court out of the hands of right wing ideologues. I am prepared to filibuster, if necessary, any Supreme Court nominee who would turn back the clock on a woman’s right to choose, on civil rights and individual liberties, and on the laws protecting workers and the environment.

If you agree with me that there should be no equivocation, no double-speak, no avoidance of the issue, then sign my online petition today at:

petition.johnkerry.com

I will deliver this petition to Senate Democratic Leader, Tom Daschle, and the Ranking Democratic Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Pat Leahy, as well as their counterparts on the Republican side of the aisle – Majority Leader Bill Frist and Judiciary Chairman Orrin Hatch. We will assure that they hear our voices loud and clear that we will oppose a nominee who would turn back the clock on a woman’s right to choose, on civil rights and individual liberties, and on the laws protecting workers and the environment.

The criteria are basic: Any person who thinks it’s his or her job to push an extreme political agenda, rather than to interpret the law, should not be a Supreme Court Justice. Any person who thinks it’s his or her job to carry out the President’s political agenda, rather than to provide justice to ordinary Americans, should not be a Supreme Court Justice.

Make no mistake, we need to take back the White House in 2004 and that’s why I’m running for President. When I’m President there will be no John Ashcroft trampling on the Bill of Rights – but before I become President we must stop George W. Bush from using the Supreme Court to carry out the President’s political agenda, rather than to provide justice to ordinary Americans.

The differences today are clear: George Bush wants to criminalize the right of women to choose, he’s willing to take us back to the days of back alleys, to gag doctors and to deny families the right to plan and be aware of their choices. And don’t take my word for it: just look at who they’ve already tried to ram down our throats: Judges like Charles Pickering and Priscilla Owen who have long records of opposition to Roe v. Wade, have sought to restrict laws barring sexual discrimination, have supported a ban on interracial marriage, and have worked to narrow laws on gender discrimination. Or Judges like James Leon Holmes who dismissed arguments for the availability of abortion for rape victims claiming that conceptions from rape occur with approximately the same frequency as snowfall in Miami. Each year in America, over 30,000 women become pregnant as a result of rape or incest; snow falls in Miami roughly once every 100 years.

I believe America should move forward and advance our right to privacy and equal rights, the civil rights, and the right to choose in this nation.

No one is better at demanding action and holding government accountable than MoveOn.Org – and together we can stop the Bush right-wing juggernaut by mobilizing the United States Senate to reject any Bush Supreme Court nominee hostile to the rights of women to choose.

Sincerely,

John Kerry
June 17, 2003
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There it is:

* the law trumps the Constitution, and
* all appointments must pass the litmus test

It's amazing how many people do not know this is his stated position.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you still have the email? preserve it.... if true, it can be traced to Kerry....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, if you still have the email, I'm sure drudge and newsmax would be interested in this.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Campaigns were not supposed to Co-ordinate with 527s Rolling Eyes
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought Campaigns were not supposed to Co-ordinate with 527s

and there's the GOTCHA if there ever was one!!!!!
shorty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: A Letter To MOVEON.ORG-From Kerry! Reply with quote

Marine's Wife wrote:
I don't know where to post this,but since Kerry has made such an issue of the 527s,I thought you should be aware of this.

I'm still trying to learn,in spite of the handicap of several strokes. If this doesn't comply with board rules,please,just delete it. No hard feelings on my part. Just thought you should know about this
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A copy of the letter can be found on Moveon.org's site here:

http://www.moveon.org/pac/cands/kerry.html
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

I was just going to post that yes,I do still have it. I saved it sometime back in the spring. I'm so glad that shorty found it! When I went back to try to find it, I couldn't. My heart sank to my shoes.( I told you I'm " limited".) LOL

Great work Shorty! Now what can we do,and how to go about it? I'm more than willing to do what I can!
M.W.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The date on the eMail is June 2003, before Kerry was the candidate, so it probably doesn't violate the law....

Sad
squinky86
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, http://www.moveon.org/pac/cands/ shows that most of the popular candidates had written to moveon.org prior to the nomination of Kerry.

"I was for this 527 before I was against it!"
closer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: move on pac email from kerry Reply with quote

I believe pacs are treated differently and are not considered 527's at all.

Someone needs to check that out before we get too excited.

Kerry too clever to leave his tracks like this ... evil, but clever.
closer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: email from kerry to move on pac Reply with quote

However, it DOES still clearly contradict what he stated ... that he just wants good justices ... regardless of whether they agree with his beliefs .
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: subject Reply with quote

He's said publicly,many times he had never,would never, have anything to do with the 527s. Also said he'd never taken a dime from lobbyists. We KNOW that's a lie!

Too many newspaper quotes,and books,Senate records for him to deny it. He's like Clinton though. Thinks he can say,do anything,and we'll just let him.

I want him to fall flat on his face so bad I can taste it.I had thought I'd email Brit Hume with the letter and the link.

I'll go along with whatever you all decide we should do.
M.W.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dear MoveOn Members,

Three words sum up why we need to take action today: The Supreme Court.

The DNC bottom line is that a mother must have the right to have her child pass thru the birth canal to be greeted by the abortionist’s knife.

And we will not allow any justices to be appointed who believe other wise.

It was my 500th post and I hope admin allows for the truth of the matter to be told.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
There it is:

* the law trumps the Constitution, and
* all appointments must pass the litmus test

It's amazing how many people do not know this is his stated position.

How about the comment in 1994, as reported by Limbaugh today, that if US troops die under the United Nations flag that is legitimate, but if they die under the US flag thinking they can make a difference, that's not worth it?

Rush is right: the ONE position on which Kerry has been consistent over the past 10 years is on the need for a "Global Test."

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: