SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reuters Report Disputes Word of General Tommy Franks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reuters Report Disputes Word of General Tommy Franks Reply with quote

I read this morning that Kerry campaign spokeswomen Brooke Anderson disputed the word of General Tommy Franks about what happened at Tora Bora. She accused him of "political spin." This is just one more example of Kerry's lack of respect for our military and its leaders, as well as one more example why he can never be Commander-In-Chief.

Nalt
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well of course Kerry would know better than the man who was actually there.

Maybe his invisible foreign leaders told him!! Or maybe the unseen commandos he left in Cambodia that famous Christmas finally came back to pass the word to him.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk Forum

Thanks
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimsdale wrote

Quote:
Well of course Kerry would know better than the man who was actually there.

Very sell said. Kerry's argument all along has been that only those actually in his boat knew what happened during his brief tour in Vietnam. Now he and his team of politicians know better than General Franks, even though they were 10,000 miles from the scene of combat. What a crock!

Nalt
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who IS Brooke Anderson?
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah. How much longer will these ignorant teenagers buzzbuzzbuzz in my ears? Tora Bora: "outsourced by George Bush." Tora Bora was a brilliant example of letting the regional military leaders (known as "war lords" to the Kerryists, in yet another example of their arrogant, patronizing ignorance) fight for their country, against a common enemy. It is called "building alliances" and showed US willingness to bring freedom, not invasion to Afghanistan. Kerry should be all for that; we know how much he supports alliances. Evil or Very Mad It is why we were able to liberate a country that buried 10 thousand Russian soldiers with a relative handful of men. It was brilliant 21st century warfare. And still the ignorantsi rabbit on and on.

ENOUGH!

My mind grows weary from their incessant prattle. I think we could have all benefited from POW-type training for this election; it has become excruciating just watcing the "news". All that is missing is a dirt cell and loud speakers.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just picture Kerry telling Franks "I could have done it better and smarter". Geez, now he is a general. I am certain the military will leave in droves if Kerry is elected.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buffman wrote:
I can just picture Kerry telling Franks "I could have done it better and smarter". Geez, now he is a general. I am certain the military will leave in droves if Kerry is elected.

They might as well come home if he's elected. We'll need them for fighting terrorists at the malls and churches while he updates his secret plan in his subterranean office at the Maison Blanc.
southerndelite
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke Anderson is the deputy communications director for Kerry's national security team.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Kerry trotted out some generals that are endorsing him, he said that he would listen to the commanders in the field....

But, he expected Bush to override his general in the field to throw Americans into really nasty fighting --- wasn't one of the lessons from Viet Nam that the President (Johnson) shouldn't be planning the campaigns (bombing targets) from the oval office....

Also, Kerry has berated all the intelligence used for planning anything, but he believes the intel that OBL was at Tora Bora...

Bush tells us "whatever it takes" to secure this country
Kerry says "whatever it takes" to get elected....
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Nuanced into meaningless sayings Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46225-2004Oct19.html

A more recent theme for the senator from Massachusetts has been the importance of listening carefully to military advice. It is a subject he touched on in the past but seems to have emphasized more in the current campaign as he discusses the stormy relationship the Bush administration has had with the Army, particularly with Gen. Eric K. Shinseki, who was that service's chief of staff until last year.

Kerry says his Pentagon would be more respectful of the views of his generals than Bush's has been. In August he told Stars and Stripes, the military newspaper, that he would "have it a prerequisite that the secretary of defense work effectively with the professional military, listens to their advice, and . . . is respectful in the way we do disagree with it." The Bush administration's handling of the top brass, he said, has had "a chilling effect" on military advice -- a charge seconded by some top officers at the Pentagon.

Unless of course they're outsourcing the battle then I would use U.S. troops but then I would want an alliance behind me so that we would not take most of the casualties but only if the U.N. were behind me because a leader makes sure he has followers and doesn't do it alone etc. etc. etc.

Hey don't blame me for the confusing nature of this post. Blame the Senator Kerry.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sec Def Rumsfeld has been busy trying to clean out some of the dead wood and REMF toy soldiers left over from the Clinton era.

So that must be the "chilling effect" Kerry is talking about. Yeah, it is chilling when someone is kicking @$$ and taking names and you are a feather merchant.

Kerry play-acting at being CinC is what has a "chilling effect"
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony McPeak (McPuke) was a disaster for the AF when I was in, honestly we hated him for the self serving bastard he was. Does anyone know the deal with Gen Shelton? He has been on TV here vouching for the great job Erskine Bowles did when he worked for Clinton.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afghanistan is free now. You would think that Kerry would be happy about that. Women no longer have to wear burkas and can vote. Franks was excellent and I applaud him and our troops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: