SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMERGENCY! ALL HANDS ON DECK!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: EMERGENCY! ALL HANDS ON DECK! Reply with quote

I have been conducting a poll here in Florida. Picked up the telephone book and called people.

100% of the people I reached had never heard of Stolen Honor or that a special news broadcast concerning POWs was to be on television this week.

NOT ONE PERSON.

I only did a handful of people and stopped the poll because we absolutely have to get the word out to people to watch the program.

Here is the plan:

Print an announcment on regular printer paper, ALERT! Special News Broadcast FRIDAY AT 8PM on CHANNEL 15! Set your VCR Do Not Forget. CHANNEL 15 FRIDAY AT 8PM

Put whatever you can think of to make people read the paper and remember the time and channel. Take your mini-posters and go to the grocery stores in your area. Put them on the bullitain boards.

If your a crazy person, do something insane that gets local news coverage, Like painting yourself RED WHITE AND BLUE and climbing standing in the middle of mainstreet with a sign reading WATCH CHANNEL 15 at 8PM FRIDAY (put the correct time/channel for your area)

Sane people hit all the grocery stores + telephone poles and even door to door if your a walker.

Sinclair is out on a limb. Lets make so much noise the whole worlds knows to watch that show!

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are they not watching tv? I know a lot of Floridians have been without tv but really... How can they not be aware?
I agree we need to take action and get the word out.

After it shows, I am thinking there will be coverage as the spinners and spinnerettes come out full blast. We will probably be seeing fireworks next week! The whole affair (the cancelled shows, altercations reported, etc) will be NEWS then and they will be all over it. Maybe a backdoor. Sure hope SVPT and Carlton and Sinclair are primed and ready to go. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't watch network TV so I can't say if they have been talking about it much but if they are talking about it, people are tuning it out to such an extent they have no clue Stolen Honor exsists.

There is us, then there is the extreme left. We all know about it but the rest of the people in my area havn't got a clue.

Not about Stolen Honor, not about anything.

Whats worse, they've heard of the Swiftboat Vets but they are either unsure or do not believe the claims.

It's only a handful of people I polled so far but I felt like I needed to stop and put the time into getting the word out prior to the broadcast tomorrow night.

When my daughter gets out of school we are going to hit the grocery stores in the area.

- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really depends on which part of Florida you are calling. The 4 hurricanes did a great deal of damage and phones are still out in some places.

The panhandle area is conservative and is represented by the 850 area code so I don't think it's necessary to focus there.

South Central is primarily NE transplants. There are a number of conservative talk radio shows down in Central, South Central and South Florida, that would be the most efficient use of telephone calls to the area. Get those guys alerted to it, and then that part of Florida will know.

VS
marciam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Burger King ads Reply with quote

I just wrote a letter to Burger King's Corporate office. They've dropped ads that were to appear during airing of the show. My family will no longer eat at Burger King. They want to boycott something I believe in, I can boycott something they believe in (Money, money, money)

Marcia
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality TV Erra
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am back from the first run. We ran off 8 mini-posters and left the house armed with a roll of packing tape and a box of straight pins. The weight of the mission layed heavily on my mind. If I can get my signs taped up in the right places perhaps people will see Stolen Honor and enough minds will be changed. Evil will have been vanquished. It occured to me I was trying to save the world with staight pins and packing tape.

The first stop was the local Walgreens. Entry went smoothly but I ran into a snag while trying to locate my target. Seems nobody has a bullitan board anymore! I was standing in the front entrance eyeing the walls holding my sign with tape in the other hand and straight pins stuck in my W Nuff Said t-shirt. Suddenly I was spotted by an older woman with big gray hair and fire in her eyes. She was armed with a WALGREENS EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH badge and a royal blue apron. Our eyes met and she told me telepathically that if I put that sign up on HER wall I was going down and so was my sign. When she looked away I slipped out.

I wasn't about to give up. I stepped around a concrete column, out of HairHags line of sight. I sized up the concrete and decided the grooves were too deep to effect good stickage. Things were looking grim indeed.
No way I was going to admit defeat. Not even if I had to tape the thing to my body and stand in the lobby! As I contemplated my next move I leaned against a Newspaper box and it came to me. Fishing 2 quarters from my pocket I deposited them and opened the door. I carefully slid my sign into the display window in front of the display paper and closed the door. Mission Accomplished!

Next stop was so simple it hardly bears mentioning. We pulled into a seniors MH condominium plaza (trailor park for old yankees) and hunted down the club house. Since it was BINGO day this was as easy as following the signs. I parked and boldly walked directly to the door with my pretaped sign ready to stick to the first flat surface I found. Inside I discovered there wasn't a soul around. I said, HELLO HELLO very sweetly (if not very loudly) and proceeded to stick my sign right in the middle of the big bingo bullitan board! Mission Accomplished!

The Bingo signs had given us another idea. Off we went to find another Bingo hall! Now this being Florida I have to tell you that it is not very hard to find a place to play Bingo. We drove about 2 blocks and saw another sign pointing us to the Civic Center it said "Bingo Tonight". Things were looking up. The Civic Center appeared just a few more blocks down the road and this time I waltzed right in the door with my pretaped sign and my straight pins stuck in my W NUFF SAID t-shirt. I was greeted by THREE Grey coifed, bejeweled, perfumed and made up Bullitan Board Guards! Bingo started at 5:45, it was 4:15 and they were loaded for bear. At first they didn't seem to notice my sign and tried to sell me BINGO cards. I used the distraction to my advantage and lulled them in complacency with idle chatter about how lucky I was to have found a local BINGO Hall. When I ran out of BINGO questions I causally mentioned I was looking for a place I could hang my sign and I glanced at the Bullitan Board. Six eyes narrowed to little slits and three Ruby Pink Lipsticked sets of lips pursed as they examined my sign. I felt like I was trying to smuggle drugs into an elementary school. The Grand Puba Bullitan Board Guard bristled. I could tell she was the Grand Puba because when she crossed her arms over her very very large chest the other two leaned back out of her way.

She said, "Which party is it from?" You could have heard a pin drop. I knew if I didn't handle her I could blow it and the world might be doomed. And I knew she wasn't going to be hoodwinked either.

I smiled my sweetest and most charming smile and explained it wasn't either party that made the film but it was made by POWs of the Vietnam war and they just wanted to get their story told. She gave me the look that says keep talking because I know there is more to it than that.

So I said, "It will have political ramifications probably but neither party put it together and neither party is endorsing it. That is why I didn't put anything about either democrats or republicans on the sign. We just want people to see the program."

The truth was the only way I was getting past The Grand Puba Bullitan Board Guard. And the Truth is what will save this countryand hence the world itself from the Evil One. The Truth and a roll of packing tape.

- Winston Churchill
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deborah , u are a hoot. I am so glad u are on our side Very Happy
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: EMERGENCY! ALL HANDS ON DECK! Reply with quote

Bravo on conducting the research AND taking ACTION to broadcast the TV showing of Stolen Honor. I wish I lived in the Sinclair broadcast area to see the news special. Perhaps Sinclair can make the broadcast available at their web site for people like me. Sinclair should be advertising the program to increase the number of viewers. The producer of the documentary doesn't seem to have the resources needed to market the documentary so a large number of people see it. But your local approach will make up for this defiency. I had circulated flyers for Unfit for Command and SBVT and assume many read them, read the book, and even made a contribution.

JK
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

My mother suggests we all make an email explaining Freedom of Speech issue in regards to how the dems are trying to keep Stolen Honor from being seen. She suggests we ask everyone on our email list to send it to everyone on their list and so on. We all hate emails that say please forward to everyone on your list but we need to get the word out to America to watch this program and we dont have the time for many other tactics.

- Winston Churchill
JB Stone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion, create INTEREST in YOUR community... Wink

My latest letter to the editor:

Quote:
Kerry’s Wounds Will Never Heal

What’s so frightening about the documentary, “Stolen Honor, Wounds That Never Heal”? The factual reports of personal experiences frankly presented by those who suffered years of extended torture in Communist Vietnamese prisons caused by Kerry’s Anti-War activities. He knows you can’t handle the truth, so his campaign dispatched hired guns to squelch these revelations nationwide. Consequently, when pre-showing threats of “civil disobedience” by party thugs couldn’t prevent people who paid to view the film from gathering at an Abington, PA theater, the rancor resulted in a near-riot.

Why fret so? Regardless of whether he can make good on his promise to bring the War on Terror home, there’s a slew of voters who would never desert Kerry in favor of their country: 1. Aging 60’s Peaceniks who followed him then and their students, relentlessly indoctrinated over past decades; 2. Steadfast partisan hacks who’d vote for Bill Clinton's corpse if it could be motorized; 3. Those who say they hate violence, demanding the military to be more sensitive to imprisoned Terrorists’ needs, but find nothing disquieting about dead aborted babies; 4. Folks who believe that the government must run every facet of their lives, but consider themselves victimized by it; 5. And those who will vote based on their sheer hatred of President Bush, just because it feels good.

Neither serial opportunist John Kerry nor his rabid supporters accept any personal responsibility for their actions after the Vietnam War or since. Why should they? He threw someone else’s medals away. He married someone else’s wives. He drives someone else’s SUV. He’s spending someone else’s money. He finds all of America’s ills someone else’s fault. He wouldn’t make a move in a strife-torn world without someone else’s permission.

The rest of us will vote for John Kerry for President…of someone else’s country!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: