SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heinz-Kerry: Teaching not a "REAL JOB"!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Heinz-Kerry: Teaching not a "REAL JOB"!!!!! Reply with quote

Be sure to inform the NEA...they'll just LOVE Heinz-Kerry's latest...

Quote:
Heinz Kerry Separates Self From Mrs. Bush
1 hour, 28 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) - Teresa Heinz Kerry says she doesn't know if first lady Laura Bush has ever had "a real job" and suggests their different experiences help make them different people.

Laura Bush taught in public schools in Texas from 1968 to 1977, the year she married George W. Bush.

In an interview published Wednesday in USA Today, the newspaper asked the wife of Democratic candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) if she would be different from Laura Bush as a first lady.

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."

Heinz Kerry said she sees her age as a benefit — she is 66 and Bush 57. "I'm older, and my validation of what I do is a little bit bigger — because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about," she said.

Karen Hughes, an adviser to President Bush (news - web sites), criticized Heinz Kerry's remarks as "indicative of an unfortunate mind-set that seeks to divide women based on who works at home and who works outside the home."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20041020/ap_on_el_pr/heinz_kerry_1&printer=1
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen people that are 21 who have more sense that thn old bag.

It won't matter as the NEA has there mind set already. My wife is a teacher and a conservative at that! You know how difficult it is to be a conservative teacher?

Some of her friends that are teachers are complete liberal freaks! They believe all this Michael Moore stuff and anything the NEA tells them.

Oh, I could go on, but I might have a stroke!
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Real Job Reply with quote

I would also think that being First Lady for 4 years certainly qualifies as a real job too. Doesn't that give her more experience as First Lady then Madam Witch? I guess she has been too busy getting her hubby botoxed up and other things to listen to the TV or Radio period. I thought Laura Bush's experience was well known since education is her pet project in the White House. But then I guess I am not as wordly as Ter-A-ZA.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This former elementary school teacher and current stay-at-home mom wants to know what constitutes a "real job" to her highness. According to her I guess I should reevaluate my life. Rolling Eyes
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And exactly what 'real' job has Ter-ra-zuh had?
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I gather it wasn't making speeches on winning friends and influencing enemies. Like I said, beauty consultant for John Skerry.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Like I said, beauty consultant for John Skerry.

Then she isn't doing too well in her chosen career. My 90 year old grandfather in FL has voted in the (D) column for as long as I can remember (I'm 37) and he's voting for Bush because "John Kerry is the only man I know that's uglier than I am."
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JannDallas wrote:
Quote:

I gather it wasn't making speeches on winning friends and influencing enemies. Like I said, beauty consultant for John Skerry.

Not to sounds too overly nasty, but Tereeeeeeza could use some good beuty consultants herself.

Need some wood?!?!
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Laura Bush was also First Lady of Texas.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you ******* idiots shove it!

That's what Turrrr raza... would say about questioning her position in life Rolling Eyes
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: NEA Reply with quote

I just called the NEA. Number is 202-833-4000. They are open from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM EST. The department should you want to get in touch with is the Public Relations Department.

If you know a teacher, are a teacher, have had a teacher and have a cell phone where you do not get charged with long distance, call them. They said they are starting to get calls about it and would look into it as they hadn't seen anything about it. Told them I heard the Witch's own voice on the radio on this topic and it is also in the news. I also voluteered to send them the article via e-mail. I told him that with the NEA endosing Skerry and having a wife who looked upon teacher's as not a real job or one you have once your grow up was an insult to educators period. He said that if this was true, that it was really bad and they were definitely going to check it out. I told him I'm sure they are going to back peddle on this remark like they have on every other issue and say they didn't mean to say what they did. I told him that having a potential first lady who thought of educator's that way was insulting.

So, call away. Complain, complain complain. Nothing may come of ths, but you never know.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only job Ketchup-Lady ever had in her 66 wasted years was as a professional leech.

The only thing this hag had in common with MR. Heinz was:
He had money, she wanted it.

Tha only thing Ketchup-Man has in common with her is:
She had money, he wanted it.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
Heinz Kerry Separates Self From Mrs. Bush

Oct 20, 2:08 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (AP) - Teresa Heinz Kerry says she doesn't know if first lady Laura Bush has ever had "a real job" and suggests their different experiences help make them different people.

Laura Bush taught in public schools in Texas from 1968 to 1977, the year she married George W. Bush.

In an interview published Wednesday in USA Today, the newspaper asked the wife of Democratic candidate John Kerry if she would be different from Laura Bush as a first lady.

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job - I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."

Heinz Kerry said she sees her age as a benefit - she is 66 and Bush 57. "I'm older, and my validation of what I do is a little bit bigger - because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about," she said.

Karen Hughes, an adviser to President Bush, criticized Heinz Kerry's remarks as "indicative of an unfortunate mind-set that seeks to divide women based on who works at home and who works outside the home."

---

Excuse me... but was it Senator Heinz who was bigger or is she telling us what about Kerry appealed to her?

And do I really want to know this information? After all I have just managed to forget what Paula Jones told me about Clinton's Little Bill.

After all --- marry a billionarie and then spending your dead husband's money on a gigolo seems to be the only "different" experience and validation that I can see Terezza has had. -- Lord this woman sets women back years and years....

If this major excuse of womanhood becomes first lady (shudder) I think I will move to a cabin in the mountains and away from all media for 4 years.--- otherwise I would slash my wrists to stop having to look at her.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a snobbish witch
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrinceLazar wrote:

Not to sounds too overly nasty, but Tereeeeeeza could use some good beuty consultants herself.

You said it, Prince. Exclamation And that old cow has me spitting mad. I have been a full-time stay at home Mom and damn proud of it. It's a good thing I'm not close to her or she wouldn't have any of that frizzy died hair left. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: